Attached: jrpg.png (1304x645, 520K)

Anything pedo tranny weeabos like.

a JRPG is "not THAT woke"

Souls games aren't JRPGs though

Then why do only trannies like it?

>Japanese
>damage numbers
>either completion based or modifiable skillsets

Anything with stats that is also from japan.

Attached: RPGs.jpg (2419x4316, 2.45M)

Lmao, this is real. Are Steam moderators aware of what Summer memories game is?

Attached: 1616581261569.png (919x571, 477.01K)

>Lmao, this is real.
Why else would I be posting it? You don't think I would just make stuff up to post on the internet, do you?

fpbp

Escape dungeon 2 is also a port game, rogue like port game where you have to get as far as you can into the dungeon, whatever enemy type defeats you triggers a unique defeat scene of which I believe there are 3 or 4 of for each enemy type, the gameplay itself is pretty fun also if you're into rogues.

theyre aware that weebs are interested in all of these games. they show it to you because their algorithm has detected youre likely to buy it.

Also, Troubleshooter is in this sale, but I'm pretty sure that one is Korean.

Turn-based RPGs?
RPGs made in Japan?
RPGs made with a Japanese game philosophy?

Is it lewd-ish?

Attached: FHPSEKIaUAETVvR.jpg (2933x2933, 787.05K)

What are some good games in this sale?

Anything from japan that has minimal or bad gameplay so you can call it an "rpg" to excuse that it plays like shit.

>they show it to you because their algorithm has detected youre likely to buy it.
The only Japanese game I have on Steam is MGSV

>Anachronox isn't on sale
kek

then why is nier automata considered a jrpg

Summer Memories is a time-management game and you rol as a shota.

Why FF Tacticts isnt in Steam or GoG? I want to play it with the Lion War mod.

the publishers are the ones that decide to put their games on sale or not

One Way Heroics

Moderators decide what to show on front page

An RPG made by Japanese people
>What's an RPG?
A game with a character progression system based on table-top RPGs, as opposed to your typical action adventure where your character would only get stronger by finding a new item or powerup

fpwp

I don't know. Is there a definition somewhere?
We've got the "RPG" aspect down What makes the "J" that is at least semi-agreed upon by the industry?

Any RPG with extremely autistic stat, party, and item management.

Characters have a stat sheet, and the game is made in Japan by genuine japanese people who drink sake and indulge in gunpla and twitter foodposting.

>and you rol as a shota.
*18 years old midget

Wrong

and by default r-18 content is now shown on the store, the user has to manually enable it
i don't see the issue

Games like that? Aside Disgaea.

not*
kek

There is no definition, and never will be because the majority of JRPGs have no actual rpg mechanics. Call of Duty is just as much of an RPG than half the shit you see on /vrpg/. It's simply whatever the jrpgfags want it to be and you cant suggest differently or they will whine and complain

Is there even anything good on sale? Its all mostly shovelware and hentai games.

How's Scuffed Nexus?

JRPGs have bastardized the idea of RPG to anything with levels, nevermind how shallow it is, nevermind how the games don't let you specialize and sometimes select which attribute you want to raise, when you have a job system it is shallow and restricted to combat applications only. Souls games allow you to level up attributes but it's the exception to the rule. This bastardization JRPGs caused confuses people to what exactly is a RPG. "Something with levels" isn't enough to make people define something like Far Cry 3 as a RPG, but it is enough to classify Nier Automata as a RPG, even though the progression is extremely simplistic and the game is much more of a Devil May Cry type of action game with a slightly different progression system.

is nioh 2 on sale?
if not then no there's nothing worth anyone's time

Basically rpg that revolves around spreadsheet shit like that, doesn't have to be turn based. Final Fantasy, LISA, Xenoblade, etc.

Mediocre action game that's way too stretched out

>>What's an RPG?
RPGS are based around character builds which provide a different experience unique to that build. This involves quest design being open ended to allow for multiple solutions, and the RPG part comes in by acknowledging the players unique method of progression.

Many modern RPGS mistakenly think the genre is about dialogue choices, but thats how you make a choose your own adventure novel. Dialogue choices should be an option to progress if your build allows it, but it should never be the only way to progress. RPGS are less about choosing which result you want, and more the result that comes from your unique build/actions.

Builds are not equal, and they never should be. Some should have difficulties accomplishing tasks that others can not.

JRPGs are any game that has stats and is from Japan.