Your opinion part 2

Your opinion part 2.

Attached: 1647412843770.png (663x216, 8.04K)

looks nice and dlss is bretty gud innit

>none of them so far have "the full package" that would be a long-term solution.

For most devs the easiest plug and play solution is nvidia RTX, which is relatively easy to add to game development since its an all-in one package that takes care of all the engineering required and is well documented.

RTX is the future, but mass adoption is still in the tank as people acquire the necessary hardware to run that shit. By next console gen (if that even happens) we should have more games with inbuilt ray tracing for lighting. It's already used for directional sound and computation, but not real time rendering. I tried to raytrace an autodesk inventor presentation the other day and my CPU was at 100% utilization and 80C for the entire run, we're definitely in need of better hardware to avoid overstress.

worthless tech that doesn't improve how fun a game is

Radiosity still mogs it.

Meme tech that nobody wanted until people were told they did

>Radiosity
These aren't mutually exclusive, you can use ray tracing to correct the inaccuracies of radiosity.

overpriced tech that will keep obsoleting itself year by year

With raytracing game lighting can almost look as good as it did when the industry had skilled artists but it raises the price hundreds to thousands more for a gpu

Attached: 1537593589041.jpg (753x707, 331.2K)

The flipside to this is it allows games to be developed faster since raytracing can provide instantaneous light simulation without having to perform every lighting trick in existence to get a well lit scene

I have 0 idea I'm on a 750ti

I can highly recommend removing the garbage stock fans on these cards and installing 2x120mm.
It's basically silent and it cools better.

Attached: 1624471315246.png (1573x872, 1.69M)

>zip tie fans together on heatsink
>not even aligned

I don't care how well it cools, your setup looks like some trashy redneck shit.

it's also tied with nylon through some holes on the backplate.

it alright

Gimmick aggressively shilled in the hopes of tricking gullible fools into buying overpriced cards.

ambient occlusion is all that matters, RTX is a waste of resources which usually makes the game look dull and apathetic

Useless marketing term for a technology that's also available from their only competitor. Stop saying RTX unless you're on NVIDIA's payroll.

Ambient occlusion is just a poor approximation of RT-based global illumination

It's interesting, but it will go the way of PhysX once everyone and their grandmothers has their own raytracing solution

Attached: 1552445086448.jpg (389x391, 26.49K)

Metro Exodus was probably the best example of what raytracing can do; the Enhanced Edition looks disgustingly good (Cyberpunk does look better with RT but not as much of a night and day improvement as Metro). DLSS 1.0 was a meme and was little more than a sharpening filter, DLSS 2.0 is effectively magic.