How are you supposed to "react" to bosses when attack commitment exists?

Especially on your first encounter with ANY enemy? You don't know their moveset, and you cannot appropriately respond to their actions because you have to commit your first action.
So if you're swinging your powerstanced swords, and you see the boss about to punish you with a fearsome, one hit combo, there's nothing you can do to dodge it, because you MUST complete your initial sword combo before you can move onto your next allocated action.
Meanwhile, the AI can cancel moves the animations on their moves, leap back when you're staggering them in a combo, or attack without any regards for stamina management.
I, as the player, am therefore forced to memorize every single animation so that I can know when it's "safe" to attack. Which ultimately boils down to me hitting the boss once (sometimes twice), and then standing and waiting for the perfect moment to dodge. It's effective, but it's not FUN. I'm not reacting to the bosses's moves, rather I'm playing a glorified turn based game where I can only attack during "safe moments". Because simply trying to react leads me being unable to evade even if I see an attack coming. DMC, Bayonetta and Dragon's Dogma are examples of games with an actual react based system, since you can dodge or block whenever you want.

Attached: 3UwtyLer3xjXOX2qlhunnvnJ.jpg (1440x2160, 583.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qzTwBQniLSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I can’t stop button mashing!

It's not button smashing. If I'm doing a powerstanced combo, and I see the boss about to rape me, I should be able to DODGE it. I shouldn't have to watch the boss wind up, and then beat me to death while I'm unable to react. I've literally had bosses kill me because I combo them, I have them staggered, but they recover, leap back, and then kill me while I'm still mid swing.
>Git good
I did. For 99% of bosses, I have to memorize their attacks and then poke them during their recovery times. It's not fun, it's not reactive, it's boring

>It's not fun, it's not reactive, it's boring
Getting gud is not meant to be fun, deal with it and gitgud

>muh git gud
Not an argument.

just use a mimic if youre that bad at the game

How am I bad at the game if I can SEE the attacks coming? The game simply won't LET me dodge if I'm doing another action, which is bullshit, especially since the AI isn't confined to the same rules

Stop spamming attacks

Normal games let you dodge or block even if you're midswing so that you can react to attacks you see coming

Git gud

>normal games let me uhhh insta dodge all the time because having to commit to animations is bad
Skill issue

woah you have eyes, congrats. its not the games fault you cant time attacks and swing when its appropriate. git gud

>How are you supposed to "react" to bosses
lmao I just don't, I stay very far away and use magic

It's not realistic or fun.
If the game were striving for realism, you would instant be able to dodge it block whenever because humans are incredibly agile creatures who can their quickly shift their movements to adapt to a situation.
On the other hand, games striving for "fun", stylized, combat like in Dragons Dogma or DMC let me instantly react

There are lots of crutches existing in the game for filthy casual like you, use it. Otherwise stop complaining and git gud.

This is why combat in this game is so fucking terrible. You are playing DS while enemies are playing Sekiro. It's not fun nor balanced.

>it’s realistic to be able to animation cancel swinging my 30 pound sword that’s twice the size of me!!!!!
Cope

>in knight armor

>it’s realistic to be able to animation cancel swinging my 30 pound sword that’s twice the size of me!!!!! LIKE ENEMIES CAN.

Why do morons always say Git Gud when it has NOTHING to do with skill? Enemies in this game are not confined to the same rules as you, THAT is what people are complaining about. No other fromsoft game has done this.

Yes.
youtu.be/qzTwBQniLSc
now let me do what every other enemy and npc in the game can do except for me

>what every other enemy and npc in the game can do except for me
Not being a retard?

because it is a skill issue. you cant time your attacks. then make a seethe thread about it. youre bad.

>No other fromsoft game has done this.
Now you have to resort to lying.

I spend the first few minutes of every new enemy and boss just feeling out their moves and focusing on dodging and blocking. Your situation only exists if you are trying to kill the enemy immediately and unrelentingly.

No. Animation canceling - the ability to attack, block, parry, or dodge whenever they want to regardless of their current animation.

You play the wrong game.