ITT good games that aged like milk

Just finished replaying MOHAA plus the expansions
I gotta say that as much as I enjoyed that game as a kid it is a pretty good example of aging like milk

>The AI is fucking retarded, even for 2002 standards
>Weapon switching is slow as fuck
>Bugs that can force you to restart the level because a script didn't trigger
>Gunplay doesn't feel good
>Uneven health pick up placement makes many levels frustrating, specially in breakthrough
>Not being able to switch weapons for no fucking reason

Honestly, I think even the first CoD aged much better. I'll replay it soon, but I just have much pleasant memories from it

Attached: 69263-medal-of-honor-allied-assault-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1130, 225.79K)

The first Call of Duty is still a little clunky but feels leagues better by default simply due to running on id Tech back when it was good.

But mohaa runs on the quake 3 engine

Attached: 1638560407940.jpg (267x373, 52.87K)

No shit, really? I always thought it was Renderware for some reason. No idea how they fucked it so badly then.

Hard to swallow pill, but true

The cover always freaked me out, the way that guy in the front is looking terrified in what is likely his last moment.

CoD1 is timeless.

Bait zoomer thread

I was born in 1989 and played the game on release. It is borderline unplayable now. Cope

weapon switching is realistic? its not an arena shooter
Otherwise I kind of agree with gunplay not being great, not sure why but its not very satisfying. Probably stiff animations
CoD 1 is definitely still good and has "aged" better, UO campaign is meh though

I loved CoD1 and CoD2 and I feel like they both aged extremely well

>UO campaign is meh though
What? UO has some of the best moments in CoD history like the B17 mission and the entire ardennes campaign

The only problem I have with CoD 1 and CoD2 specially is that most of the gun sounds are fucking horrible
World at war has some of the best gun sounds in any WW2 game
>ppsh goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

>I was born in 1989

No, you re a dumb zoomer who's playing this for the first time in your life, you even said you dont know how to switch weapons. Kys, lil Z.

>you even said you dont know how to switch weapons
You cannot pick a weapon from the ground if you already have a weapon of that type. Am I wrong?

>I was born in 1989

Its just MEH for me. American campaign is snow snow snow then you have to defend a house for 20 minutes. British campaign is decent, yes. Russian campaign I couldnt tell you 1 memorable moment except the terrible ending. Also I recall all campaigns being terribly stingy with ammo, idk if that was the veteran difficulty though, I think I had to replay it at hardened at one point and it wasnt much better
Base game has like 5x more memorable moments and dialogue plus the movie scene reenactments

>Also I recall all campaigns being terribly stingy with ammo
How can you possibly run out of ammo in CoD?
All enemies carry ammo. Just switch weapons

That's exactly what I'm saying. Ammo is scarce in UO, as I said not sure if it was from playing hardened/veteran. Not all enemies drop ammo, its more like 1 in 4 or 5 iirc, you struggle constantly

OP here
I already started replaying CoD 1, and yes. The gunplay feels much better