Why didn't sakurai bring donald and goofy?

Donald duck and goofy are licensed to all sorts of shit, including a minecraft texture pack shortly after Sora's release in smash. I truly think sakurai is at fault for this and it makes me angry. The only reason I wanted sora in the first place is because I wanted Donald duck in smash. I'm so fucking pissed.

Attached: abandoned.png (1484x794, 931.98K)

user, it's a miracle that he even got Sora at all.
Considering how anally uptight the disney lawyers are.

But to get Donald and Goofy, Disney is extremely protective about those two. They probably wouldn't to let them star in anything where Disney doesn't have 100% control of the product and profits.

they're in a FUCKING MINECRAFT TEXTURE PACK!!! I'm pretty damn sure they'd be fine with their jpegs in the background, sakurai is 100% at blame here, he probably didn't even try cause "muh video games". They got the mickey mouse keychain, the rest could've been done.

bump

I'll chalk it up of you being way too naive on how Disney handles their properties that even Nintendo has to navigate.

No, the Minecraft thing was a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration to promote Disney World's 50th anniversary. An advertisement just to shill to their covid-infested park that fewer people are going to.

And yes, Sakurai somehow did get the Mickey logo on the keyblade, but he also got literally nothing else that was Disney related. No disney music, no disney stages, no disney characters. It was all Squeenix-created Kingdom Hearts stuff.
That should tell you how extremely protective Disney about their own IPs, if they're not willing to let one of the biggest fighting game franchises use their characters.

The mickey mouse keychain was probably the hardest part, donald and goofy would've been easy to get after that. But he didn't because he doesn't want non vidya characters in the game even though these incarnations of donald and goofy are very video game like, much to the detriment of the game. I will never forgive him and I hope he's fired so the next director can do kingdom hearts right.

But Disney 100% owns all the Square Enix made stuff for KH. I know Disney is super protective of their IPs and such, but why be selectively protective?

cause sakurai is at fault here and he should be fired for missing out on a fucking mickey mouse collab.

>donald and goofy would've been easy to get after that
You’re a genuine idiot.

Disney is incredibly autistic about the representation of their characters. Fun fact about the Disney princess line: up until VERY recently, none of princesses were allow to look at each other in the art or otherwise acknowledge the others princesses’ presences. If you read the books each princess is in her own little section and they don’t actually meet each other at any point. That was because it was an attempt to "preserve each princesses’ individual mythology" and having these characters from different time periods actually interact would throw everything off and upset little girls who DEFINITELY care about continuity.
>B-b-but they were all together in Wreck-It-Ralph 2!
You’d think that but actually no. Apparently that one doesn’t count as a Disney princess crossover because those weren’t the REAL princesses, merely digital representations of them so it didn’t actually break any rules (also Elsa and Anna were there and they’re not actually part of the line so it double didn’t count because fuck you). The reason I bring this up is because Disney has no problems with a REPRESENTATION of a character acting in a way they usually would approve so a texture pack would be fine, but having the "actual" Donald and Goofy fighting alongside Sora?That’s a whole other ball game that would require letting Disney autistically hover over Nintendo to make sure they them just right (on top of the increase licensing fees) so it’s probably just easier not to have them

Attached: 2536732.jpg (1024x768, 191.9K)

>But Disney 100% owns all the Square Enix made stuff for KH.

while true, they seem to be respectful of Nomura's position as Sora's daddy. they have VERY LITTLE kingdom hearts merchandise in their parks and online, and everything they use kingdom hearts for has to be signed off by him personally.

disney does not treat kingdom hearts like something they own. they treat it like a pain in the ass.

>the "actual" Donald and Goofy fighting alongside Sora
I just wanted their jpegs in the background. It shouldn't be any harder than the mickey mouse keychain.

>He doesn't realize the massive red tape that held KH back from having Sora in Smash
>Is more mad that Disney filler isn't in Smash for Sora
Op, you're not very bright at all.

Attached: 1647047746752.png (500x373, 151.91K)

kingdom hearts dlc was my only chance at getting donald duck in smash in some shape or form and now I will never another chance because sakurai botched it. All I wanted was his fucking jpeg in the background, that's not much. I'm so fucking pissed. I try using the wisdom form since Donald is helping you achieve that form, but it's just not the same.

>Donald this
>Donald that
You're just mad that your Donald waifu didn't make it into the game

no shit.

Attached: 1646887518063.gif (188x131, 1.91M)

It shouldn’t but it is. the images of them in the background are images of them and not some other representation of them. Yes it’s ridiculous but legitimately Disney and copyright laws about what they own is insanity, Disney is the reason for several bafflingly stupid copyright laws we have. Mii costumes could have probably worked actually but whatever Sora is a miracle, be happy.

i literally only voted for sora cause I thought disney kino would be a guarantee. sakurai cheated me

They would add pic related and wouldn't dare reference any video game-original Dragon ball characters in Smash.

Nintendo and Sakurai is that autistic

Attached: Shallot.jpg (640x500, 48.41K)

*Non-video game original