*mogs SNES in the audio department*

*mogs SNES in the audio department*

Attached: 1200px-Sega-Mega-Drive-JP-Mk1-Console-Set[1].jpg (1200x600, 78.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EGWSijvWxFI&t=40s
youtube.com/watch?v=SQbTe6h1xRE&ab_channel=TheCombine
youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0fAz9n_Os
youtube.com/watch?v=hrRMV_ifp2g
youtu.be/WY2BiGmjTHg
youtube.com/watch?v=oTQIiIKummw
youtu.be/5Lp0GJNTRV0?t=534
youtube.com/watch?v=_CJo1yC919s
youtube.com/watch?v=qG2HwH1JkAI
youtube.com/watch?v=pLDBwMusg4o&t=2112s
youtu.be/9NFmgQqLmSo
youtube.com/watch?v=67fZSJKQfkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WTOsw5zAQTw
youtube.com/watch?v=_y9lvbLltZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=m-lRotOle9c
youtube.com/watch?v=uzPOwwNSOQM
youtube.com/watch?v=FtLJkSOmeeA
youtube.com/watch?v=isoFGSd9hQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FB9Pym-sdbs
youtube.com/watch?v=gPsORt4jY1Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic unrelated

>farts

BWAAAAANG

Attached: man-whose-ear-bleeding-vascular-rupture-damage-to-tympanic-membrane-diseases-oncology-otitis-media-myringitis-211573581[1].jpg (800x533, 32.26K)

I still don't understand why people shill 16 bit sega music. I mean listen to this shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=EGWSijvWxFI&t=40s

SNES always sounds kinda muffled and worse than it could be, but it's never painful to hear like this garbage.

>*mogs SNES in the audio department*

Attached: International_Symbol_for_Deafness.jpg (360x369, 43.18K)

ENTER
youtube.com/watch?v=SQbTe6h1xRE&ab_channel=TheCombine

A complete lie.

The sound chip in the SNES was made by Sony, who at the time was the leading manufacturer of popular audio devices like the Walkman

now if only more people knew how to fm back then in instead of farting out gemsblorgkrrssh

And yet, the SNES never had anything on Sonic or Streets' level.

You never owned either of those consoles, the SNES fucking blew the Mega Drive out of the water, no contest
youtube.com/watch?v=Gz0fAz9n_Os

youtube.com/watch?v=hrRMV_ifp2g

The SNES has the superior chip without question but GODDAMN I LOVE THE TWANG

youtu.be/WY2BiGmjTHg

faggots, all of you
youtube.com/watch?v=oTQIiIKummw

youtu.be/5Lp0GJNTRV0?t=534

genesisfags are so predictable,

>fart noises

cope
youtube.com/watch?v=_CJo1yC919s

cope

>brap
youtube.com/watch?v=qG2HwH1JkAI

why are you LARPing about being old enough to have owned either of these systems?

i love the thunder force IV soundtrack, but it feels like it's slowly piercing my ears unless i listen to it with a low-pass filter like how it would be heard from an actual genesis.
youtube.com/watch?v=pLDBwMusg4o&t=2112s

Genesis *can* sound good if the game's composer is proficient in programming FM synth patches. If not, they were stuck with the default awful presets.

Most composers weren't which is why so many Genesis soundtracks sounded so farty and clangy.

Can the low-pass filter be emulated?

>All these people saying "no"
wtf I though it was common knowledge that the mega drive had better sound.

Man, the Streets of Rage series alone brutally mogs the entire SNES library. Shit isn't even up for question. It has stood the test of time and is still loved to this day.

Both can make sounds the other can't and I like both so I don't think either is objectively better than the other. I like SNES better though. But Genesis has a neat twangy, electronic sound that can do things the SNES just can't.

I think one of the reasons that gen was so great is that both systems were so unique but also great. Now everything is kind of the same. The unique sound of both was a part of that.

yes, every emulator i've used have at least some form of low-pass filter as an option under sound settings.

Bmups as a genre didn't stand the test of time.

This. Ill take the consistency of the snes over the higher highs of the genesis.

Yuzo Koshiro is a total synth nut, I have no doubt that he had prior experience with a Yamaha DX7 which shares a similar but slightly more complex FM soundchip to the Genesis.

played Terranigma for the first time a while back. I was in sheer awe when this started playing:

youtu.be/9NFmgQqLmSo

Attached: Terranigma-screenshot-1.jpg (600x558, 91.19K)

buddy it mogs snes in the GAMES department

i love this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=67fZSJKQfkQ

Broke: SNES had better music
Broke: Genesis had better music
Woke: Both consoles had good music; one uses a synthesizer and the other uses a sample-based sound chip

Attached: chad4.jpg (1023x1200, 554.87K)

I love hdma & mode 7 graphical effects.

being a centrist is for bitches

spanky's quest is right there for me. but that monkey's the funkiest thing on the snes, as far as i know

youtube.com/watch?v=WTOsw5zAQTw
youtube.com/watch?v=_y9lvbLltZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=m-lRotOle9c
youtube.com/watch?v=uzPOwwNSOQM

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=FtLJkSOmeeA
youtube.com/watch?v=isoFGSd9hQQ

youtube.com/watch?v=FB9Pym-sdbs
youtube.com/watch?v=gPsORt4jY1Y

both consoles had good sound chips

Attached: 1620660565314.png (1280x1029, 412.28K)

but fm in the right hands is a different thing altogether
but im listening to final fight 3 ost atm and i can never decide which one's better: snes or genesis. and technically genesis had two things in GEMS and fm, while snes just had the one