Why is Nameless King so much more fun and memorable to fight then anything in elden ring...

Why is Nameless King so much more fun and memorable to fight then anything in elden ring? Why are Midir and Kalameet such great Dragon fights while Elden Ring's are tedious? Why did O&S work so well as a gank fight and why have From never recaptured that magic again? Elden ring, forgive the term, feels "soulless" and frustrating all the way through. Even the enemy placement is always designed to ambush you and get cheap shots off on you wherever possible.

Attached: 1638428216871.jpg (1920x1080, 325.59K)

Godfrey, Maliketh, Morgott all shit on him

You forgot Mohg and Rykard
Of course like 1% of Any Forumseddit has defeated them

hes not tho, piss easy boss riding his dragon boyfriend lol

this
I also think dragon lord and ancient dragon lansseax are at least as good if not better than midir, elden beast too.
people have clearly forgotten what an ass midir was. I liked him, but a lot of people hated doing his fight when ringed city came out (hardest boss ever, impossible, tedious etc.). The truth is that you have many more gameplay options than in DS3 and large monster fights are always like this (see also monster hunter and every dragon fight in ds series) and nostalgia is clouding everyone's yes.

nameless king is one of the most epic bosses though, lorewise, yet he was also built up for three games, nameless son of gwyn and so on.

anti souls fags will say anything to hate on mitsubishi and fromsoft

Because every boss in elden ring feels exactly the same

>attack constantly with no pause
>enemy positioning is irrelevant because they all have moves that will instantly hit you all the way across the room
>extreme input reading to the point that it just feels tedious and repetitive

I hated every boss in this game, especially the final ones. I actually didnt know how to use ashes at first, so i beat like 70% of the bosses without them, including the hidden black knife assassin boss in the catacomb. Beating him solo is practically impossible with a greatsword. He literally attacks forever unless his AI bugs up, and the room is so tiny you're just rolling constantly. I did it eventually, but it felt like rng rather than skill.

The whole game seems to have been balanced around using specific gimmicks against bosses, rather than having different playstyles. Magic is mostly shit except for the beam, which you have to get lucky with anyways. Parrying seems like what quite a bit of the bosses were based around.

Lady Freide is probably my favorite DS boss ever. She was hard and took me forever to learn, but it worked and was dun because there's one Lady Freide. They didn't make every boss fight the same thing.

Elden Ring is like a restaurant that makes every dish with oysters. Do you like oysters? No? Then fuck you you're gonna hate everything. Some elements of the game are great, but the combat is just tedious, and they needlessly stretched out so much of the game.TY84R

>Nameless King
>Fun

none of the bosses in dark souls 3 are any good, even if they are memorable and aesthetically cool, because every boss forces every build to just do "roll, r1, r1." MAYBE pure sorcery can use a different playstyle for some bosses and a couple levels but even then it's so hard to get off a soul spear without getting rushed and the damage is about the same from an r1, r1. the game is just very poorly balanced and a good case study in how a game is more than just bullet points and features. that said, nameless king is pretty cool.

Attached: 1643676428308.jpg (719x721, 308.43K)

Nameles king's only gimmick is his attacks have weird timing and his grab is extremely powerful.
This describes most Elden Ring bosses.

The best boss in the whole DS3 is Champion Gundyr, and they really have not replicated him in elden ring.

>Why is Nameless King so much more fun and memorable to fight then anything in elden rin
he's not. dark souls 3 as a whole was the least memorable game of all of the titles. the only fags who disagree are those like you who only started playing souls with 3. DaS3 is bland shit.

Dark Souls 3 is a piece of shit but the Nameless King was the only good thing about that game. >Elden Ring feels "soulless" and frustrating all the way through. Even the enemy placement is always designed to ambush you and get cheap shots off on you wherever possible
Dark Souls 3 is like that too.
From is a creatively bankrupt studio. They once had Armored Core and then they made 15 games that were basically the same. Now they have the "Souls" games and they do the same shit. Souls games should have ended after Dark Souls 1. Demon's and Dark Souls were enough.

Dark Souls 3 is a piece of shit but the Nameless King was the only good thing about that game.
>Elden Ring feels "soulless" and frustrating all the way through. Even the enemy placement is always designed to ambush you and get cheap shots off on you wherever possible
Dark Souls 3 is like that too.
From is a creatively bankrupt studio. They once had Armored Core and then they made 15 games that were basically the same. Now they have the "Souls" games and they do the same shit. Souls games should have ended after Dark Souls 1. Demon's and Dark Souls were enough.

>why is midir such a great fight
This is your mind on ds3

Dark Souls 3 and its bosses are shit and its design philosophy is exactly what made ER's bosses shit. Bloodborne was the peak of FROM boss design.

Attached: file.png (1000x1600, 2.39M)

>fight then anything
Your post, I’ve stopped reading

Why would we ever care about the opinions of a blogposting tranny who didn't even figure out how to summon spirits?

Demon Princes is the only good gank fight in the series. Others range from bad to passable.

>Midir suddenly isn't tedious anymore

/thread

cus youre a nostalgiafag

The only reason why MK is memorable ks is because you fought him years ago you retard, can't you even comprehend this basic concept? NK is part of your long term memory now and has entered nostalgia. Even Margit, the most basic bitch boss of ER, is more meaningful than NK,who may or may not have been X or Y character.
ER may have flaws but Dks3 is pure dogshit, bosses included.

>Why did O&S work so well as a gank fight and why have From never recaptured that magic again?
cus they are piss easy and have nex to no fucking movesets

Literally every boss in DaS3 is a Bloodborne boss, and DaS3 itself is just a BB reskin roll spam R1 mash piece of turd

>Midir
>great Dragon fight
I was on board with your post but c'mon user

In souls everything was way more grounded, so even boss setting his sword on fire gives you the "oh shit" feeling. Elden Ring is basically anime souls, where everything is scaled up to the max, and basic mobs outdo most souls bosses in strength and presentation. When everything looks grand, nothing is. They still manage some cool moments here, but it's just not the same.
The combat in ER suffers because they tried to account for every playstyle, fast, slow, melee, ranged, giving bosses lots of options in offense and movement, but with fucked balance and weird scaling it just falls apart.
Also the big part of the problem is that game tries to be story-focused but expects you to look for this story yourself. Every big boss does long monologues while you try to remember who the fuck was he in the lore.

Attached: 7606.jpg (1077x1088, 82.22K)

Because he's literally
>member ds1?
the boss.

O&S are only interesting and hard in the first playthrough, every single playthrough after that I completely shat on them.

Placidusax mogs Midir and Kalameet, sorry.
An actual dragon fight that isn't fighting a giant pair of legs while 95% of the boss is off camera.

DaS3 combat is vastly inferior to Bloodborne's and not a single boss is nearly as memorable as in BB. In BB, R2 and transforming attacks are extremely good and everyone who discounts it as just "R1 spam" has either never played it or never used anything beyond the Saw Cleaver.

Attached: doll.png (652x712, 403.73K)

bosses in ER have zero impact because they're too easy, you have access to:
>strongest magic so far in the entire series
>many broken weapon arts that allow str or dex builds to surpass mages by shitting out damage from huge range or stunlocking/stance breaking bosses repeatedly
>spirit ashes, the ultimate tool for shitters to break the game by summoning an npc to tank for them but it doesnt increase boss HP like actual summons
>certain weapons (e.g. moonveil) that act like a cheat engine, allowing even the shittiest player to overcome any boss in the game
>bosses can't kill you because you can just level vigor to 40 or 60 and never die unless you decide face tank bosses like a nigger
there's not much impact, no tension, no need for strategy or effort really, the game throws too many options which trivialise the game at you, for very little cost or effort

Then how come every single thread I see in vee is complaining that every boss is unbeatable