Zanzibart ... forgive me

Why can't FromSoftware tell a story properly?

Attached: morgott long time.png (818x576, 1.04M)

nobody plays these games for the story thats why they dont even try

There are 8 hour lore videos for each and every obscure reference dropped in souls game.

sister, you can't be so obvious with your posts!

Define "properly"
You want NPCs to talk at the player for 5 minutes every new area?

on one hand not having everything explained to you outright is a decent approach to storytelling
on the other this faggy "lore in item description" shit has got to end

they got better with quest design at least, somewhat
so thats good

>Zanzibart
what is this meme i've been seeing

Who cares? Literally all of their games run at a 60 FPS cap. Literally all of their games are clunky, overly difficult, unoptimized garbage.
Inb4
>B-b-but user, I like dodging and blocking as the main gameplay mechanic...

>they got better with quest design at least, somewhat
What, it used to be even worse? How's that possible? How can you get worse than NPCs moving to obscure random spots on a huge ass map?

borderlands writer tried critiquing the storytelling

Why is this a dealbreaker for you

Attached: zanzibart.png (753x427, 56.42K)

filtered
and now youre complaining because you dont want to put in effort for the story
pathetic
just go watch it on youtube

>How can you get worse than NPCs moving to obscure random spots on a huge ass map?
very simple
just move the npc to an obscure place the player already explored and has no reason to go back to
that was pretty much every q4uest in ds3

If you don't know who Godfrey is at this point in the game from what others have said and from item descriptions, you're an idiot.

They know they don't have to because drones will fill things in with pareidolia just like they excuse anything else they do.

where is the lie, as shit as borderlands is

They already tell you them morgott is related to the golden lineage aka the child of goldwyn and marika. He has a great tune to prove it. Stop being a brainlet.

>no idea what's going on during the first playthrough
>start digging into item descriptions but still confused
>do a deep dive on wiki pages for a couple hours
>converse in multiple lore threads for like a week
>start second playthrough
>have understanding of most characters and a lot of the lore is now sticking
>immensely more enjoyable the second time around and understand the story

I can completely understand why people would not like this. However just wanting the storytelling to be EXACTLY the same as all the other video games on the market is not the solution. FROM games are the only games where I can experience something like this. I get that it's not for everyone and it's not invalid from criticism.

But I also really love doing this every time with their new games and it's a fun way to discover their world. It's not like the story or lore doesn't exist. It's just not that easy to dig into unless you work for it.

Attached: 1604681376084.jpg (1024x1024, 81.21K)

Are you trying to imply Gearbox fags can write a story in any of their retarded games? I'll take Fromsoft lore shit over those meme abominations all day every day. Kys.

WTF where's the colorful still shot of his name telling me he's a BADASS?

There is no lie.

But that's also been my experience in ER

In DS games there's a decent chance you'll go through an older area looking for secrets or passages you missed or just on your way somewhere else, because it's an interconnected series of semi-linear levels. Elden Ring moves characters to completely random areas all the time, and then you're never going to see them again unless you look it up or decide to revisit every single grace.

>autists are allowed to play Fromsoft
yes

good for time
im still not watching those videos

What problem am I supposed to be seeing in that screenshot? Is there a problem with them knowing each other?

why do they put poison in every game when its useless?
why do they put non 100% shields that nobody uses?
why do they bother coding all sorts of spells that dont do damage?
why do they make quests so obnoxiously obscure?
the answer is they just dont give a flying fuck. Theyve been rehashing the same game for 14 years and it sells. They dont learn from mistakes nor they care to learn

Because Miyazaki actually builds his worlds with care and consideration. I know this is a concept unfamiliar to zoomers, but it's truly better than we deserve.

It's an industry. Watch any of those and they're filled with flowery prose and kayfabe about how deep everything is.

If only his games were as witty as that post.

Ranni's entire quest line is the only properly told story in a soulsgame.

>they got better with quest design at least, somewhat
retard
its literally the same exact shit except a bunch of characters quests are unfinished

>Major character in the game talks about another major character of the game, both being referenced multiple times through the game long before you personally see them

ZANZIBART MUUHHHH
Why is Any Forums sucking the cock of that Borderlands writter so much, at first this was just irony and everyone was making fun of his shitty take, but today I see many retards using this shit unnironicaly.

even there, you have more questions than answers. its not perfectly clear what happens to her minions

You seem confused
Storytelling, writing and lore are three different things

>Godfrey went ape mode on Marikas divine pussy nightly
>Gave birth to two children with horns
Her vagina was never same.

Attached: bysly33hok881.jpg (1620x2160, 330.11K)

poison is actually busted vs any boss that can be afflicted by it in ER; it chews right through Margit/Radahn