Why are the bosses so bland

Each one of them is so forgettable

Attached: 1647446336394.jpg (739x415, 74.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mh5dECtyO-E
youtu.be/0RSwhKcXv1M?t=17
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do you want a legitimate answer or more of the same spergposting?

Legit

Why did you post one of the few cool looking bosses? His fight is pretty nice too. I beat him and we died at the same time.

Radahn is basically the one boss I liked, and that was in large part due to the summoning gimmick instead of the fight itself.

Yeah the boss in itself is meh but the meteor strike caught me by surprise

>only boss i like gets reused and shoved into arguably the worst fight in the game

Attached: godskin_noble_elden_ring_wiki_600px.jpg (600x338, 48.4K)

because they have to account for different playstyles
meaning that they all have to:
>have every attack be avoidable via roll
>have every attack be avoidable via block
>have counter opportunities
>have gap closers to fuck with ranged builds
>have huge stamina drain attack
>have ranged attacks for the same reason
>do more than 1 type of damage because the player has different types of damage resistance
>have strings of attacks to break up the pace
>have aoe for summons/ other players
>have instakill grabs/other attacks to keep player on edge because he has 15 fucking estus flasks

and every boss that fails to fuffil any of those requirements will be slammed to shit
you cant even do gimmicks like this because people will bitch about them endlessly

Foreskin Duo

Seriously who the fuck thought that would be a good idea?

The main big bosses are almost all fantastic and very memorable though.

So they wanted to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. I liked DS3 bosses, they should have stuck to the same style.

fucking Astel, man
What a good way to ruin such a kino boss

there is an argument for restricting player moveset in favor of more encounter variety like in sekiro
but ER freedom of approach is cool in its own way, i just wish people would stop bitching about their autistic str bulid not being the only thing that works anymore

this, if dark souls bosses had stats then the elden ring bosses whould have 99 in all of them

Anime attacks, 0 recovery frame, little window for punishment. Everyone just cheese bosses with broken shit and be done with it.
Margit is only memorable boss because people are forced to fight "fair".

youtu.be/mh5dECtyO-E
Best theme in any From game.
And that's high praise seeing what Armored Core and King's Field offers.

I'll take player variety over boss variety
sekiro had cool bosses but I got tired of just parrying everything to death halfway through the game

>Weh ar te bossis sooo baaad guis they are soo forgitable!
>Hundreds of threads every single day discussing boss after boss
Yeah OP they are so forgettable no one is talking about any boss right? OP is absolutely retarded

Nioh 2 has more variety than all Souls games yet the bosses aren't bland, because the devs don't fucking care of game being muh too easy or not accounting for playstyles; instead of being afraid of players cheesing the bosses, they embrace it and build mechanics complementing it. They are confident in what they do and commit to it, but FromSoftware is always worried about muh game being easy, muh game being too different. Some bosses are extremely easy in Nioh depending on your build (look at the absolute seethe FightinCowboy got in his comments because of how easily he beat the tusked boss), and some are extremely hard, this difference in player experience is the whole point of non-linearity in RPGs, which FromSoftware is too retarded to understand.

youtu.be/0RSwhKcXv1M?t=17
begone niohfag, your game is a soulless moba

Those who are talking are stuck at the boss not praising it, anyone who has 100%ed the game doesn't give a shit about the bosses only the world design.

Yeah I don't know how you can forget anything in ER when it shows up 50 times. What a fucktard.

TRES
DUO
UNUS

Attached: mohg.jpg (2114x1819, 363.76K)

>because the devs don't fucking care of game being muh too easy or not accounting for playstyles; instead of being afraid of players cheesing the bosses, they embrace it and build mechanics complementing it
Ok, see you next thread when you're complaining that your specific build doesn't work in Elden Ring and you're posting webms of corpse running bosses with the beam attack.

>Nioh 2 has more variety than all Souls games
You can't make your bait this obvious

holy based

NIHIL

He's a memorable one ngl

agree for the most part, but I really love Radagon, he deserved a phase 2

>Margit at the base of the Erdtree
>Tres, duos, unos
>Fire giant
>Astel
>Marquella or whatever her name is
>Ancestral spirit
>Radahn
>Rennala
>Snakechad that you have to use the serpent slayer for
What the fuck are you talking about?

First time I played I never found the path in volcano manor leading to the actual zone, so I beat godskin duo without ever seeing godskin noble.
On my second playthrough now and godskin noble was such a fun and fair fight. Just the addition of the unbreakable pillars and not getting 2-shot by the unreasonable damage made the fight so much better.

That's a very good analysis user, I just realised that they wanted to make bosses harder but none of them have any exploitable weakness like other DS bosses did, it breaks the immersion

They're a tutorial fight for the sleep element

Radagon should've had a phase 2 and Elden Beast should've been slightly harder and made into a secret boss or something potentially unlocking a different ending.