Is there any video game where they don't treat achieving immortality as a bad thing?

Is there any video game where they don't treat achieving immortality as a bad thing?

Attached: skills-agents-immortal-thoughts-mapping-conciousness-mental-messaging.jpg (1000x667, 635.33K)

Powerslave makes you the immortal god king of mankind if you get the good ending.

Tales of series usually has it as a good thing

The only good game in the series is symphonia dotnw

Immortality is in that one too, I think.

Cultist Simulator is all about becoming immortal, there are caveats but it seems like it's usually a good thing depending on how it's achieved

>seeing everyone you love grow old and die is.. le good actually..

Why are japs always anti-immortality?

Fuck off wojak fag

In Shintoism immortality is a kind of reductionism which leads to nothing. It's basically like being redundant for the expressed purpose of being redundant.

In Buddhism, immortality is the same thing. You're basically just being redundant and it serves no true purpose to achieve what you already have.

In Daoism, it's called the chaotic stillness or Wuji and is very evil.

It depends on your perspective but ultimately immortality comes at the price of your humanity and by the time you achieve it, you really aren't the same person anymore. Ego death and all that jazz.

Typically is seen as bad from both the eastern and western perspective(at least contemporary philosophy).

From the western perspective immortality was the goal until the spread of Christianity which made immortality a curse. In Christian thinking, never dying means you are stuck on this broken sinful world for ever and will never now the peace of God that lay just beyond your bodies death.

In eastern philosophy its the same sort of thoughts minus God. You are stuck on the plain of suffering forever with no chance to reincarnate and try again. You are stuck in a stagnate loop where you will never break out of this reality of pain and desire.

Both are rooted in the idea of people not truly wishing to live forever because the human mind isn't build to comprehend eternity.

Immortality means stagnation means corruption, like a puddle.

because if immortality went well it would be boring. just like stories about trying to build utopias would be boring if they succeeded and everyone lived happily ever after. what's the story? why care?

>what's the story?
Getting to that point

Lost Odyssey does a good job on exploring the theme of immortal life without painting it as either inherently good or bad. The 1000 Years of Dreams are especially food.

Attached: 1647448085013.jpg (1280x720, 180.8K)

kaim is pretty fucking miserable from what i remember. been years since i beat it though.

Think I'll try this game

Yeah he is miserable but there he's not the only immortal with a story to tell.

People become immortal in Gears of War but it's usually a good thing too.

Devil Survivor Overclocked

Morrowind