Was going into 3D a mistake?

Was going into 3D a mistake?

Attached: 71Y8McG-MML._SL1500_.jpg (916x1500, 195.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_6s18TixcJ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's been that way since the X series.

It’s wasn't 3D...

the problem with a lot of modern 3D sidescrollers is how zoomed out everything is

I prefer classic mega man in 2D, but I don't mind 3D either.

>16:9

Not 3D
Mega Man 11 is also one of the few 2.5D games (probably the only one) that does the 2.5d view right. It keeps the world view looking pretty flat from our camera view. In a majority of 2.5D games the ground you're standing on is always at a slight angle because of the camera being in a perspective mode. MM11 sets it to orthograhpic so that platforming isn't compromised.

Attached: 74544-temp.png (391x154, 15.51K)

I never noticed that but it makes sense. Cool

Half a Wily castle was a bigger mistake

That's not a problem here

It's one of the first things I noticed, although now that I look into it deeper, it seems like more and more games are finally taking it into account.

Attached: ss_cbad5b7690cdbcf1293a30a9e56f63cf8b60c3c6.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1047, 303.43K)

I want detailed sprites back. You fucking use slave labor anyway so what does it fucking matter the cost? Just whip them harder.

Who's going to make the sprites? It's a lost art outside of a select few companies

I never noticed that before.

That probably explains why the platforming in perspective 2.5 games like Mighty No 9 feels a bit unusual.

Only problem with this game was voice acting.

Don't be like that.
You know he didn't mean gameplay.

If it's anything like Mega Man 8 or Capcom's CPS 2 and 3 days, it's less spriting and more drawing.

That's still a school of talent they no longer have

Play it in Japanese then.

youtu.be/_6s18TixcJ4

I did, it's not any better.

Is it worth it at half off? Or should I see if it goes lower?

How much is half off? I got the game for like $10 years ago

$15. Switch tax I guess.