Vidya Twists

The other day I just learned that Bloodborne had such a twist and I thought it was pretty cool.

Post twists that you personally like... Or not. Just post twists.

Attached: AD_gNr100-lNr02_Yi_Suchong_-_Mind_Control_Test_f0499.png (1280x1024, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bioshock 1 had a good twist
payday 2 had trippy ending

Second Sight had one I loved.
>wake up with amnesia and have psychic powers
>have flashbacks that reveal story shit and unlocks new powers
>but wait, you can actually change the present during these flashbacks so it's more like going into the past to change the present, like stopping a character from dying
>right at the end the twist is the past is actually the present and the "present" is actually you seeing a possible future, the twist is even right in the fucking name of the game, Second Sight

God, Free Radical didn't deserve what happened to them.

Don't know the story, what happened to them?

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

This is an article often posted about it because it covers a lot of shit. IIRC EA and LucasArts fucked them over and IIRC scrapped an almost finished game.
There was also a short video that went over what happened but I can't remember what it was called, been years since I saw it.

Alyx. Saw it coming but still loved it.

Wow they went through a lot of shit uh?

One more before the thread dies I guess

Attached: EWKSqV2XsAECI-a.jpg (1100x619, 45.03K)

Ace Attorney has a lot of great twists. My favorite is in Trials and Tribulations. In the Stolen Turnabout, you have to defend a man accused of stealing an ancient treasure. You are up against an Ace Detective who is investigating the crime and trying to pin it on your client. He unravels surprisingly easily and admits to commiting the crime, which you nail him for in court.

But then, it is revealed a murder occurred during the time of the robbery and the detective faked his guilt to get an alibi for the time of the murder and your client is now the prime suspect. Turns the whole case on its head, which was brilliantly executed.

Also at the end, you break apart the fake alibi and get the detective for the murder. It is revealed that your client DID commit the original heist but can't be punished for it because of Double Jeopardy. And it is implied that he might have been trying orchestrate such an outcome from the start.

This one also blew my mind. A classic.

Attached: WristwatchMV.png (816x623, 144.33K)

Jade Empire had a really good one. You think the game is just about over, and then the weird flaw everyone you fight tells you about gets exploited by your master and he takes you out in just a few hits. There's also a decent amount of foreshadowing throughout the game for it, but it's not as easily predictable as KOTOR 1's twist.

It's often shat on, but the way things unfold in Omori is still stand out for me. Obvious spoilers:

>Play as a random kid that is basically stuck in dreams most of the time while his family is moving out
>Find out he's been basically isolating in his house for 3-4 years
>Friend comes over, can choose to open the door, realize that all your "friends" in your dream world have grown up and apart
>Find out everyone drifted apart because your older sister killed herself, find out later she hung herself from a tree in your backyard right before a recital
>One friend moved on, other became extremely depressed for a year, another turned against the world and got angry, the last is an anxious mess
>Slowly make the connections again, friend that's an anxious mess is still rough, was apparently blacking out a bunch of old photos of your older sister
>Revealed that your sister didn't kill herself. Character got into an argument over the pressure of the recital and not wanting to play violin, pushed his sister, and she fell down the stairs
>Anxious friend was there, suggested covering it up, hanging her from the tree with a jumprope
>Get into fight with friend, he's hallucinating something that "made you do it"
>Multiple events show parents likely covered it up, dad left after it all
>Eventually face your dream world self, inevitably lose since they represent the lies/guilt you've built up
>If you give in, your character tosses himself from a hospital rooftop, unable to escape his dreams
>If you continue on, they wake up, the final words before credits to his friends around a hospital bed being, "I have to tell you something."

The game has some pacing issues and is a pretty normal ass RPGmaker deal, but goddamn the ride is something else. Fucking broke my heart in some scenes, namely the "Final Duet" and Kel's speech at your sister's grave.

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 131.31K)

Bioshock infinite. This one blew my mind.

Attached: ao0EOAx_700b[1].jpg (700x525, 67.41K)

What was this one even about? I never completed this game because I had an issue with my PS3. I only reached up to the beach like level.

What was Bloodborne twist?

Maybe not the most exciting twist or anything, but Persona 5's Igor reveal was fucking great. A lot of people thought that the voice actor was changed because shit happens. The japanese voice actor that originally did him died I believe, which I remember a lot of people discussing how they probably changed the English one as well to respect the role to a degree. So when Igor pops up with a super deep voice and is a little more menacing in tone, I just wrote it off as a change that just happens between sequels.

Revealing that he's just outright not the real Igor blew me away the first time. In hindsight, I should've seen the signs, but so much about the development of the game made it seem like it was just a change they made for the sequel. I didn't think it fucking had plot relevance.

faggot

Aliens, basically.

It was actually as meta as such a plot twist can get, because it played with your own awareness as a player without explicitly summoning the 4th wall.

When do we learn this twist? at the moon presence fight?

I was told that the earliest is a forest with small alien entities, then the whole narrative/genre shift to lovecraftian great ones stuff. Basically the twist was that before release, it was marketed as some victorian horror action game with werewolves and the like. But then a series of events happen in game that shift the genre you were initially lead to believe. Have been reading about it since then and it is honestly very interesting, considering I never played it and my awareness of Bloodborne was exactly that initial impression. I watched the gameplay up to the fight vs another corrupted hunter or something. Very early.

nothing will ever top this twist. Prove me wrong

Attached: main-qimg-9506ea161b544c2363d55b79c1036712-lq.jpg (602x339, 34.46K)

Faggot

Agreed, that one actually got me 100%. Igor sounded completely different, but I just accepted it because I knew he’d changed voice actor. I was completely taken in.