Why is this game so popular

It has everything normies hate
>japanese
>difficult
>shitty graphics

Attached: 99814166-E204-46A3-AB23-1BC2F1C023F9.jpg (650x420, 36.62K)

It has everything normies love
>Open
>World
>Garbage
>Padfest

It has great visuals and art direction tho

>It has everything normies hate
This is why it's so popular, gamers are desperately trying to not be normies.
That's always been the sole appeal of these games, they're broken repetitive trash

true

Normies love Japanese shit.

Marketing. The answer is always marketing. The Game of Thrones man "wrote it" so they got baited. Its just a dark souls game in a big open field instead of a hallway so as expected they hate it.

Attached: 2022-03-15 15_02_38-Read User Reviews and Submit your own for Elden Ring on PC - Metacritic — Mozill.png (669x412, 24.16K)

normies buy whatever youtubers are playing

>japanese
Anime has been unbearably normalfag for over a decade now, and Fromshit has always been painfully reddit.

Only weebs love japanese shit

Normies don't know what they like and hate until they're told.

>Its just a dark souls game in a big open field instead of a hallway so as expected they hate it.
I know a guy who pretty much just plays WoW and Valheim. He tried it out because of the hype. Two hours in he refunded it and said "I don't play video games to get pissed off and trolled, why do people like this?"

This.

Because it's fun

Because normies are trying hard to get into it since they want to belong to le soulsfags cult.

Proof of this? they will only play ER, and none of the earlier games.

But who told them

I guarantee you 80% of players don't even know GRR Martin was even involved.

normies like braindead games because that's what they're exposed to, in the 90s plenty of the highest selling games were far less accessible than shit like elden ring

Nah man, the living wojaks at my work thought it was a heckin Game of Thrones Mass Effect movie game. They can't get out of the tutorial and refunded it.

the 98 it had told them, as well as all the hype surrounding it.

Name 5 games from the 90s as difficult as Elden Ring. Fuck it, name 3.

Is there a Barrier of Gold equivalent for physical negation?

unfortunately 50% of zoomers who have access to internet are weebs

Deathtrap Dungeon
Nightmare Creatures
Reloaded

tomb raider 1-3

holy zoom

Im having fun

Attached: 20220311172527_1.jpg (1012x1213, 1.15M)

the "difficult" part of games back then was the jank so any answers you get are wrong.

why normies suddenly like souls?

Do fromdrones really think Miyazaki invented challenging games?

>suddenly

I'm 40. Nothing back then was this hard. The only thing I would have given anyone is Ninja Gaidan on NES but I'm pretty sure that was 80s.

You are fucking brain dead. I beat that shit as a 10 year old.

It must be because shilling and some kind of mass psychosis. There's no way something can be popular because it's good.

Attached: Berserk - 007 (v03) - p111 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (1723x847, 351.63K)

>Plays wow
>Doesn't like to get frustrated/trolled
Clearly he hasn't pugged any endgame content. You find out just how bad people REALLY are

and a 10 year old could beat elden ring too, what's your point? the game has built in cheat codes that you're stumbling over constantly, it's not a hard game unless you artificially limit your options