PC sales Elden Ring

Holy fucking shit, Elden Ring has sold over 10 million copies on PC. PC makes up 44% of all Elden Ring sales, then it's PS5 with 27%, then Xbox (16%) and PS4 (13%).

When did the PC market become this fucking huge? I remember it almost dying back in the early 2010s. All of a sudden it makes sense why Sony are bringing over their exclusives.

Attached: ER.jpg (778x1043, 156.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fromsoftware.jp/ww/pressrelease_detail.html?tgt=20220316_eldenring_salesdata
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

once upon a time...

Attached: PCGAMING.jpg (1502x1163, 439.13K)

Wait, I though PCfags were just pirates?

turns out when a game runs well people buy it

You actually believed the shitpost clickbait articles that have been telling you PC gaming is dead? You never once actually looked at the numbers?

Is Steam seriously the only place to play Elden Ring? How is that not a monopoly and against the law?

the funny thing is, that the game was cracked 5 mins after release and yet the claim that pirates kill Pc sales seems factually wrong.
>t pirate chad

I'm happy From Software finally saw big success but...
-PVP is fucking trash and feels heavily discouraged
-Not being able to invade solos is trash
-Camera lock on is trash
-No penalty for auto-summoning 3rd phantom because it doesn't take an equip slot is trash
-Open world is trash and ruins the feel of the game and discourages exploration
-builds are unbalanced trash, everyone already running same build

That said it's a good game. It just doesn't reach the pedigree of previous games.

It's a natural monopoly because every other store is shit. Those aren't illegal.

The age of the consolecuck has ended

i felt like i was the only person playing legit games on pc at that time
and the industy treated pc gamers like some 2bit leftovers picking up the scraps

Attached: PCGAMING.jpg (1502x1162, 553.2K)

No-one cares how many copies something sold.

Attached: elden ring steamdb.png (1009x1698, 259.54K)

I also hate the co-op. Non souls playing friends I have like the game and I would enjoy playing through it with them. But alas. Kill a boss and get sent back.

kek how old are you

>steamspy
Those numbers are literally worthless, why do people believe whatever shit journalists pull out of their assholes?

>I-ITS AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!1
No, it's not.

DO REDEEM

Explain why it's worthless. Because it's not exact and always underestimates?

> it makes sense why Sony are bringing over their exclusives
You have no idea the things I would do to get Ghosts of Tsushima on PC. I really hope Sony pulls through after seeing these numbers.

The new consoles are just glorified PCs at this point, it's better to just play on real thing.

It's always been huge, it's just never really focused on a single title.

they lost bloodborne source code, right?

Because Valve literally patched their method they used to track so now they don't have a method and all they can do is guess, and baseless guesses at that. Look how much it thinks Elden Ring as sold right now, obviously it hasn't sold 20m considering it's only sold 12m overall, the point is steamspy is bullshit and should never be taken seriously, ever.

Attached: 95404.png (529x850, 209.8K)

From software released sales numbers yesterday. They sold 12 million in total on all hardware.
fromsoftware.jp/ww/pressrelease_detail.html?tgt=20220316_eldenring_salesdata

it’s like youtube , everything else isnt worth using

>Open world is trash and ruins the feel of the game and discourages exploration
i was with you until this point

Attached: 20220311110734_1.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

I just refunded my copy so it's now 9,999,999. You can call me based

This is false the game sold more on Ps, Atleast 45% of the sales

It's worthless cause they are false, bandai namco literally revealed the game sold only 12million copies and steamspy says it sold between 15million to 25million (up from 10million to 20million) its literally been false everytime

So you don't know how they reach their estimates and insist that you, someone who hasn't done any research at all, can make a more accurate estimation.

I don't like open world games in general but I will attempt to explain.

In the original games the world was extremely dense with content, mobs, traps, side paths, secret areas and optional bosses right? So you were encouraged to explore and find everything because it was all within reach.

In an open world game there are areas of essentially nothing important or memorable. You are less likely to go exploring because it takes longer to get rewarded for your exploration and increases the risk of dying and dealing with consequences of said death.

Does that make sense?

>and insist that you, someone who hasn't done any research at all, can make a more accurate estimation.
It seems you have something in common with steamspy, you also love to pull things out of your asshole, I didn't say anything like that once. I said they aren't an accurate source anymore and that's correct, look at the image I posted before, look how much it says they say Elden Ring has sold, now look at Bandai Namco's statement on its sales, see if you can connect the dots smart guy.

>and steamspy says it sold between 15million to 25million (up from 10million to 20million) its literally been false everytime
In fact it says its sold 20m-50m right now, it's just so blatantly wrong, it literally contradicts official sales statements and retards like still believe it

>Steam spy 20mil to 50mill
>actual sales 12million
>sales divided on platform 45% Ps, 35%xbox 20%pc
>PC POTENTIAL ACTUAL SALES 2.5million +/- 25%

so why did they buy elden ring?

>Because Valve literally patched their method they used to track so now they don't have a method and all they can do is guess, and baseless guesses at that.
Let's don't forget that Steamspy's dev seethed so much, because he was already planning into open a Patreon or something similar to get money, that he went to work at Epic.

I think your main error is thinking that all areas have to be containing a reward or a pat on the head for going there, which, realistically, the game does. It's literred with rewards for seeking out and poking your nose in every nook you can find. Sure there are duds, but by and large this game has succeeded where other games failed by making the exploration meaningful. For me, seeing the world itself, how it was shaped was also a reward. I ENJOYED the ride to the castle in the distance, I ENJOYED seeing the vista after a long ride of an elevator or ladder, I ENJOYED emerging from some dank swamp or cave and seeing something that took my breath away. That's not tied into a tangible reward in game other than progress, but it rewards my appetite for exploration immensely.

Attached: 20220311184259_1.jpg (1920x1080, 409.12K)

it doesn't take research to figure out that if the game has sold 12 million copies from the word of the company and steamspy says it sold 10 mil on pc that whatever estimate they're using is wrong. Regardless of what it is.

shut up tim sweeney

Attached: idk.gif (1x1, 85)

>You are less likely to go exploring because it takes longer to get rewarded for your exploration and increases the risk of dying and dealing with consequences of said death.
Git gud

In fact right now steamspy thinks it has sold 20m on PC, so its estimate is even more bullshit

Addendum: there never felt like a moment where the world was just a randomly generated mass that they added trees and caves too, it felt sculpted to give you these wonderful moments.

Like I said, I don't generally enjoy open world games. They generally feel empty and like massive time wasters. I'm NOT saying your personal opinion is wrong here. I'm glad you're enjoying that aspect of the game. For me it's better as a dense semi-linear experience with branching paths.

Anyway, I think we agree about all the other flaws the game has though and hopefully some of them get fixed.

>You are less likely to go exploring because it takes longer to get rewarded for your exploration and increases the risk of dying and dealing with consequences
the game is so littered with sources for runes that, by midgame, I was never sweating over losing 30k souls because i knew that making any sort of progress would give me at least double that

>Cliff Bleszinski
I forget about this name for long periods, but every time I see it, I smile remembering how colossal a failure Lawbreakers was.

and yet they refuse to patch it

a lot of people can't get new consoles + game can run on a $500 laptop if you spend 5 minutes in the settings

fromsoft literally said the game sold 12 million total with pc making up 44% of the sales
so obviously not 20+ million on pc
retard

I just don't enjoy the travel time in open world games. I don't get personal enjoyment out of it. It's less about resource loss and more about me wanting the game to show me cool shit often. Open world is not for me but I get some people enjoy that.