RTX Vs Crysis The duality of man

Funny how this looks like.

Attached: RTX the duality of man.png (1572x1684, 1.83M)

at least in crysis the trees topple over when you shoot them

>soijack
/sage

>the trees topple over when you shoot them
That is a stupid gimmick

What hate seeing yourself debunked ?

>redditjak
Kill yourself

Attached: anactualretardwillsaytherightisbetter.png (1200x1025, 214.07K)

Based Soijack is absolutely right. Pretty pictures can only go so far.

You actually took the time to make this, fuck.

Crysis was so far ahead of everything in 2007 it just cannot be comprehended today. Like what would a game look like if it came out today and was still one of the best looking games in 2030. That was Crysis. It also made all hardware at the time totally obsolete as it ran horribly on everything. So in some ways, the “can it run Crysis” thing was literal.

By contrast, RTX is shoehorned into titles that are designed to run on a Xbox One that add slightly more accurate shadows and lighting. It just isnt the same thing.

Crysis came out at a time when photorealism was within reach, it was exciting. Graphics milestones have become stagnate since then, so its not exactly surprising attitudes have changed. Personally id like to see more focus put on simulation. We have games that look real but nobody is doing anything to make them feel real anymore and I dont mean just destructible terrain and physics. Why isnt anyone investing time into getting sound simulation right? How about procedural animation, what happened there? How many games feel like the enemy ai is stuck in 2007? Feels like theres plenty of fontiers unexplored but publishers arent willing to r&d anything that doesn't already service a convential game concept. I suppose its open worlds for another 5 years. At least botw had an engine built around simulating interactions like wind and fire. Lots of gameplay emerged from those systems but I really think it's the baseline for what is possible with current technology.

seethe harder, oldfaggot

That's unrealistic. As if a hand gun could fell a tree.

Well yeah but mods wont ban them so we get this endless loop of cancer now.

Attached: 1646309277004.jpg (248x252, 10.62K)

in north korea all the trees are made of paper mache

>implying oldfag is an insult

Attached: 1543267398179.jpg (669x353, 44.32K)

literally the games on bottom look worse than crysis and this is why intensive games are bad nowadays. There's been zero innovation it's all the same fucking shit but somehow runs worse.

I miss destructible environments

Retarded Zoomer
Crysis focused on improving the entire scene to make it hyper realistic while you were still a sperm on your dads ballsack and GPUs had not even 0.1% of the power they have right now.

RTX all it does is add some shiny lighting to a already terribly rendered scene that does not look any better than Crysis did back in 07.

2022 Rasterized games look BARELY any better than Crysis when you turn off RTX meme.

Attached: 1643560587319.gif (540x304, 3.26M)

all crysis is good for is benchmarking, game was/is boring as shit like every other crytek game that isn't far cry

y'all faggots still cant beat crysis, kek
2007 gfx peaked, get over it newfags

Attached: 1273627443844.jpg (430x320, 42.37K)

Apu cracks me up everytime i see him and i cant help it, miss when there were dedicated apu threads which had autistic rping and OC made.

look at this model and compare it to that Crysis screenshot. RTX is literally applying golden spraypaint to a solid log of shit

Attached: 1644942915902.png (260x273, 123.2K)

Crysis was a measure of how good hardware is. Were you punted as a child?

Crysis is a shit game and it became a meme to run it. RTX just makes games run like shit and in a lot of cases don't change much graphically.

soulless vs. SOUL