How do I enjoy this? Am I supposed to die and then avoid doing things that will end up in my death...

How do I enjoy this? Am I supposed to die and then avoid doing things that will end up in my death? I opened the door and a zombie dog came in and attacked me. My health was too low and then a zombie killed me

Attached: Resident-evil-cover.jpg (1537x2175, 982.06K)

> Tranny using games to play as a woman doesn't really have fun

Gee almost like you just played as Jill because you're a creep despite knowing Chris is the canon protagonist of RE1.

Attached: Chris says gay rights.png (1000x1431, 1.89M)

use herbs to heal when your health is low and use bullets to kill zombies

Attached: 1625597372404.jpg (630x630, 61.62K)

Aren't you supposed to save your ammo and just dodge zombies?

Doesn't sound like you're familiar enough with the controls and how zombies behave to do tricks like that! Take down the ones that aren't easy to juke.

>Aren't you supposed to save your ammo
You have to think when you should use it and when to save.
All part of the fun.

My only complaint about this game is the save system. I am so mentally exhausted by the time I get one key item that I just want to save and take a break and you just barely have enough saves to do that. You cannot even quick save at designated save locations to avoid spending resources. It's really annoying.

have you tried not getting attacked by monsters?

Attached: 09242.jpg (539x558, 84.66K)

>limited inventory space

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES!

Ohh yeah and if you kill zombies too much they get replaced with ultra fast zombies that are even worse to deal with. Game is shockingly unfun until you know exactly where to go and what to do. If you don't then its lile beating your head against a wall.

Pls respond

Yeah fuck limited inventory!

Attached: ezgif-1-ff617ea101.jpg (740x412, 90.88K)

Ohh yeah they give you tools to prevent crimson heads from happening.
But you'd know that, having played the game right?

Kino

Just bait the lunges and run past them.
Once you get good at the game you don't need Jill's handgun at all with how early you get the Assault Shotgun

>You cannot even quick save at designated save locations to avoid spending resources
Good, that would defeat the purpose of managing ink ribbons.

greatest game of all time. if you're playing the HD version without using the tank controls then you're a faggot.

>He thinks that the only way to overcome any challenge is through trial and error
Souls games were a mistake

>Go around the mansion killing every zombie I can find
>Go to get armor key
>Suddenly they're all back alive and twice as fast
Fuck using bullets to kill zombies.

Attached: boulderpunch.gif (444x250, 3.66M)

>if you're playing the HD version without using the tank controls
would that make it easier or harder? I'd guess the later as the game wasn't balanced that way

>Am I supposed to die and then avoid doing things that will end up in my death?

That is how games generally work, yes.

the new controls make it completely braindead because you can turn around instantly

Why do I need to do that, though? Saving is arbitrary as is, limiting it in this fashion does not make the game any better. Had I unlimited saves I would still lose the same amount of progress on failure.

no you wouldn't, because you'd save at every opportunity like a bitch

Because needing to actually make a choice on whether you'll save now or later once you made further progress means you're gambling losing the progress already made on making a bad move. It's all done very deliberately to implicate the player and instill dread. After all no one would really care about some polygons dying if it just meant losing a minute of progress when you've been saving every five minutes, but when you actually have been holding out and are at real risk of losing a sizeable amount, that creates stakes.
This is very basic stuff, you should know this. Just look at RE2 Remake and how it adds autosaves, it completely deflates any and all tension

>thread already ruined by the first post
All coomers and faggots will hang.

Attached: hunk-gun.jpg (1023x681, 37.27K)

>at real risk of losing a sizeable amount, that creates stakes
This is outdated game design and has no place in modern games to be fair.
I don't have enough time in my day to be risking progress. I want to enjoy my time with the game, not be filled with 'dread'