Muh bonfire

>muh bonfire
>muh rolling
>muh bosses with health bars below their name and die&retry gameplay

In b4 people are tired of souls-like game and it becomes the new cvpaste ubishit. You can screencap for later.

Attached: ubisouls.jpg (1507x259, 83.9K)

op's a true visionary

i just want more open world games that force me to explore rather than follow a linear series of quests

Can't wait. Don't plan to play any of them, but watching the shitshow of western devs trying to do Soulsborne lore will be amazing.

Attached: sjmaiimvool81.jpg (2508x1412, 1.49M)

I've been tired of this shit for years.

Im already bored of this shit. I really wish the game was shorter and the combat funner.

i'm getting mails from think tanks as I type this.

They know better than to try and compete directly with the Souls formula because Nioh is the only game series to even come close to rivalling it since the "genre" blew up in 2011"
If anything they will just double down on open worlds and possibly pare back some of the map handholding stuff.
No one ran out and made a million platformers because Mario Odyssey was a huge success.

I wonder how can you be a fucking market researcher and not understand that copycats and derivatives are NEVER as successful as projects made on fresh ideas.

Remember that time Ubisoft did their own BotW? Yeah, you didn't until now, that's how well it went.

>Elden Ring
>fresh ideas

>copycats and derivatives are NEVER as successful as projects made on fresh ideas
utterly false

There have already been 12 Soul Clones in the last 8 years two of which got sequels (Surge, and Nioh) and two that will be getting them (Code Vein and Remnant)
I can not fathom how you can be this invested in shitposting souls shit without knowing how much souls shit there is.

Attached: 1542156829335.jpg (500x555, 122.33K)

You don't have to wait see threads like these remind me Any Forums really doesn't play games at all and just patriots whatever the hottest new (You) generator is.

tell that to the chinese

Nioh is a "souls clone" in marketing only and Remnant is a shooter.

exactly what I was thinking, game is just a melting pot of everything they had done up to that point but with A popular author's named attached to it and BotW world exploring.

Pretty sure OP meant AAA studios with huge budgets.

Sounds like you have a personal definition which leads me to ask how you define it then?

God of War already made their games more soulslike in 2018
you are 4-6 years behind the curve

Code Vein was from a AAA Studio and had a budget comparable to Dark Soul 3 and love or hate it Dark Souls 3 was a AAA title.

I'm aware of it because it's always dirt cheap so I keep almost buying it

I got it for free with my GPU. Don't bother.

Also Star Wars Fallen Order and Darksiders 3. Like user said most posters here really only play one game and it's the (You) game

it's not seen as boring AAA ubishit yet, but people will have enough of it in a few years after the cvpaste machine goes full throttle after elden ring.

I'm already tired of it. I shouldn't have bought Elden Ring. It's a meh as fuck game and I'm over souls shit. Especially the cheap shit part of it like bad duo bosses and giant enemies with shit camera in a small room.

That or Soulfags by majority only play Fromsofts offerings and have serious blinders to anything else. On that topic is that why they get piled in with Nintendo fans all the time? Because they suffer the same blind spots?

From 12 to a single game, looks like OP was right after all.

>muh bonfire
checkpoints always were popular, especially in metroidvanias
>muh rolling
which existed since oot
>muh bosses with health bars below their name and die&retry gameplay
don't see any problem there

Attached: 1642611284382.png (551x580, 574.57K)

Not every game needs to be like Elden Ring, every game just needs the same amount of soul and passion that Elden Ring got.

I think that dood meant they'll copy Elden Ring's open world as opposed to the souls elements which would be a good thing. Fuck Ubisoft towers

dishonesty : the post