Decades of hype

>Decades of hype
>Game comes out, gets mixed reviews
>Only 5 million copies sold
>Completely flopped on PC
>Gets outsold by Elden Ring, a brand new IP, in a matter of weeks
What went wrong?

Attached: EGS_FINALFANTASYVIIREMAKEINTERGRADE_SquareEnix_S1_2560x1440-85f829541a833442eaace75d02e0f07d.jpg (2560x1440, 983.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.epicgames.com/en-US/collection/top-sellers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nu-Square Enix + Nomura as director

>game is called FF7 remake
>it's actually just an unfinished FF7 fanfic
Might as well call KH2 a FF7 remake at that point if you give so little fucks about the source material

>>Decades of hype
If you were hyped for this, you're utterly retarded. NOTHING FF7-related after the original game was any good.

Its good to see the daily seething threads back.
Good game btw.

>Decades of hype
>Game announced to be episodic for no discernible reason other than to milk it for cash
>Released with hours of unnecessary tedious padding tacked on to the story which was like 1/8 of the total original game.
>Shitty cutscene/QTA action style combat that has made recent FF titles bad
>Brand it as a remake and then demolish the original story to insert their own shitty fanfic

Yeah, gee, why did it fail Square? I really hope their second installment bombs and they just give up on this, I'd play the original any day over it.

>gets outsold by elden ring

it sold during the start of the pandemic is probably why

>it's called Remake, but it is instead a Nomura trash dream about ghost
>first part of who knows how many more part Nomura wish
>use nostalgia for creating a DLC, a Battle Royal, a Mobile game and a Novel, just for talk about the Midgard events

Welp....
This is what ff7 fags unleashed when they ask for a Remake

>fanfic
Nojima wrote both 7R and the original.

False advertising, garbage padding and fanfic tier story.
The only thing I liked about it was the combat and that was mostly due to Tifa.

Attached: 15865484535485.jpg (599x399, 149.63K)

Nomura lives on your head rent free just like Trump lmao

Let's not pretend this was a remake of FF7, they literally chose not to make it and just pretend to do it, why do you think it was perceived so negatively.

>sells exclusively on Epic for the short term cash payoff
I forgot it was even released on PC.

Attached: i1ygk4carv371.jpg (460x577, 28.22K)

Cloud has his terrible Advent Children face and hair.
In the original he was perma-ss moody goku, not some femboy.
The whole crossdressing segment was funny precisely because you get huge manly man into a dress and then faggot ass mafia boss falls for him.
In the remake you can legit mistake him for a woman.

Attached: st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (1000x1000, 75.55K)

Ask Square they knew this wasn't what people wanted at all, they didn't care. They did not think this shit fan fiction mess would please fans of the original, they just wanted the last of us movie crowd and the retards that defend XV to buy it

I could talk for hours about everything the remake got wrong tonally or just intentionally sabtaged for hoaock reasons. The game honestly makes me so fucking mad and I do not believe they are even working on part 2 yet they just fucking lie.

Pretty much this. All they needed to do was remake the OG with up to date graphics. Even the combat system was fine, had they just stuck to the plot. Instead we get Nomura-fuckery, and Time Jannies, and a hook for a part 2 that basically no one wants now. Shit, they even shoehorned in a Sephiroth fight in the very first part. Where's the build-up?

And through it all, everyone's like... "HURR ITS NOMURA, WHAT'D YOU EXPECT?"... Nigga, I expected better. The original was written PARTIALLY by Nomura, but most of the heavy lifting was done by Sakaguchi and Nojima. They had a solid story there that didn't need a re-arranging. The fact that Nomura can't just leave well enough alone is fucking annoying, cause the shithead's idea of "deep" is just throwing out terminology that sounds complex when it's just poorly worded. Imagine if you bust KH down by fixing the terminology used.

>So people consist of two parts, a body and a soul.
>If you yoink their soul, the soul becomes a separate entity that has no physical form initially so it manifests one.
>If you leave the husk of a body, somehow it develops a pseudo-soul that allows it to function.
>If you recombine those elements, even with a new body, the person is whole again.
>If you yoink their memories, they can still be roughly the same, just fucking confused

Like, there you fucking go. There's how Heartless and Nobodies work. Why does it have to be obtuse and complex? No fucking clue, because there's the jist of it right there.

Same

Ot’s a really bad fan fiction sequel, not a remake.

Imagine FF7 took off in the west, but shit like Advent Children never came to fruition, and Nomura left the series to pursue KH only.

I guarantee a remake would have just been a nice facelift, with maybe the new combat system, and that's it. Nomura really fucks up/overcomplicates everything he gets his hands on. Fuck, look at his costume design.

Video game industry had a boom during the “pandemic” because people were inside playing games.

garbage combat, 1/10th of the original game

Time jannies.

This dude is gonna make these threads until this site goes down isn't he.

I cancelled my order as soon as I learned that what we were getting was not a more fleshed out remake of original story but some kind of sequal that shits on the original.

Its not even on their front page anymore. If it is, its probably below the free game of the week and who the fuck scrolls past that portion.

>it's another Any Forums pretends like they didn't fall for it and got got by marketing like they always do episode
I'm tired

Then leave tranny.

Buying an FF game day one past the shitshow that was ff13?
Lol!

Your critical lack of self awareness is going to be the direct result of all our lives ending in the most uncomfortable and miserable ways possible.

It’s fucking bizarre that so few people grasp how crossdressing in this context is supposed to be funny because nobody in their right minds would fall for it. That’s the joke, and it’s literally centuries old

Cope

>only a fraction of the original game
>it's a time-travel sequel, not a remake at all, but it calls itself a remake to trick new players
>unnecessary removals, accompanied by even more unnecessary additions
>graphically uneven, character models looks great but environments can look like complete shit
>give no indication whatsoever on when the rest of the game is going to be finished

I don't hate it, but I am supremely disappointed by it, I never played FF7 as a kid because I really can't get past the chibi artstyle, I just fucking hate it, so I was hoping for a remake so I could experience it all then I got bamboozled by time ghosts doing things that make no sense whatsoever to a new player

no during the start people were panic buying toilet paper and thinking the world was over

That isn't even a contextually correct application of that word.

fucking dilate holy shit

theres just so much not playing the game in ff7
every two steps you arent in enemy hallways someone is forcing cloud to walk a very specific path for 5-20 minutes
it just got real old real quick

They changed too many things from the original AND showed this to the fans.
Remakes should only include improved graphics and new extra content, that's why Pokemon FR/LG and HG/SS are the best remakes ever

last FF game I bought was 8 on PS1 KEK

There you go, now you are at least doing it right. I don't think they give gold stars for shitposting though.

>graphically uneven, character models looks great but environments can look like complete shit
So it can run on PS4. Simple as.
Like even if everything else was done right and proper, you'd still be stuck with ugly ass maps.

It's an incomplete game. Everyone I talked to about it said they will wait for the rest of the chapters, which won't happen in the next 10 years

seethe

You made it easy with the meltdown you had. Didnt even had to break a sweat.

>What went wrong?
Fanfic tier story changes that literally no one, retards aside, asked for.
Unnecessarily split in pieces to sell at 60 dollars each + tip (read: DLCs.)

As for the PC version, Epic exclusivity, lack of visual options (and considering it's made with UE they literally had to go out of their way to achieve that which is pretty amazing.) and 1 full year of waiting.

>different story
>shitty gameplay
>1/3 of a game
>censored Tifa
that's what went wrong with it

Ok Here is what wrong. They took too long. All the old fans are too busy being adults to give a shit about the remake. I personally didnt even finish FF7R even though I considered myself an OG fan. I got bored by the combat.

>t. was 10 years old when FF7 dropped.

It isn't even in the top 25 sellers
>store.epicgames.com/en-US/collection/top-sellers