Elden Ring was a massive success because it was written by an actual WRITER. Who's the next novelist to jump to vidya...

Elden Ring was a massive success because it was written by an actual WRITER. Who's the next novelist to jump to vidya? Cormac McCarthy?

Attached: george-r-r-martin-2019.jpg (1600x900, 236.75K)

Wasn't Disco Elysium also written by some Estonian fantasy novelist?

This guy is a novelist? I thought his books were satire.

Yes, the Witcher games too

No, those were based on a series of books but their author didn't do any writing for them. They're pretty much just fanfiction.

yeah man I think its great this guy got to write 20 lines of dialogue and that's all it took for your dumb ass to think he is why the game is successful
granted, I know a bunch of normals that were more interested in trying, and probably only tried it, because his name was on it
but fuck me don't jerk him off over this, it is still souls tier "writing"

The story is literally just dark souls 1 with new place holders. Does anyone know exactly what game of thrones man contributed officially?

Bloodborne has the best writing and lore of the entire lot. FromSoft will never reach that level of kino again.

Cool. Haven't seen anything that's any different to any other from game besides the woman that fucks dogs and a gay pedo. That what you're happy about? Representation?

>actual WRITER
But he doesnt write.
Hasnt written in 10 years.
Hes a fat slob and a lazy piece of shit.

Earthbound is written by an actual writer

Yeah, Elden Ring's "story" is truly magnificent. Let me recount....ehm theres this girl who was pished as very very important main character that vanishes for 70 hours, and theres this boss you fight three times and then you have one of seevral Mass Effect color endings.

Yeah, cool story.

He probably came up with the Erdtree and the houses and the general shattering. Thats it.

Hate to say it but I don't really feel like the lore is any better done than any of the previous games. I would give all the credit to Fromsoft for how amazing the game turned out.

Drank and shat

>does nothing
>still gets credit

The man’s a goddamn genius.

>retards ITT think that a cherry on top = the main course
The story is never a main selling point for souls games. Its gameplay and the world you interact with through gameplay that are the biggest things. Story and dialogue are good because it all adds to the atmosphere and direction of the world design, which is to say it is a cherry on top that compliments the whole thing underneath.
>but I dont like him so he/its shit!
Your mom didn't like swallowing either so here we are

>The story is literally just dark souls 1 with new place holders
No, it's not. The actual story is a giant multi-layered 4d chess match between a vassal and the higher power she wants to dethrone, with world building that remind me more about Chronicles of Amber than anything.

OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1647119914264.jpg (640x756, 99K)

Whether it's better is debatable, but I think his influence on the writing is pretty obvious. It's more character driven than other FromSoft games and has a much more clearly defined history to its world.

Shitposting aside, I think the world of ER is really neat. It's cool that you can still feel that Dark Souls DNA even though they brought someone completely new for the job.
I remember when the leaks came out that From is working with GRRM and everyone immediately assumed it was a shitpost.

Attached: 2D93DBEI.jpg (500x500, 56.81K)

FAT PINK MAST

Game is great with or without GRRM he had nothing substantial to offer to the game.

fan fiction that's better than the novels lmao

It's japanese so it doesn't count

The world is WAY more sexually charged than anything Fromsoft ever did, for starters. It's full of degeneracy including a rich power hungry asshole with his own private rape island where he spends all free time molesting a shota and builds up his own forces to take over the system, or an insane molester who defiles people so hard their souls are left to rot for eternity. There's a ton of characters and factions with their own agencies instead of just being actors on your parade. The political aspect is also way more prominent than in any other fromsoft game, and the core of the narrative is literally about the country living under an external control and Marika devising a long-lasting plan to free the land from it.

Oh, and it actually has a few relative happy endings to the quests. Which is unthinkable for Miyazaki.

I firmly believe GURM didn't contribute much at all and it was mostly a marketing tactic.