ITT: post games that got raped

ITT: post games that got raped

Attached: WarcraftIII.jpg (256x364, 62.35K)

war3 was fine
tft was fine
vanilla wow was fine
tbc was ok
wotlk was ok
------------------
story ended

did you miss Warcraft III Deformed?

GTA

Are custom campaigns and clans i yet?

Solid choice, it's a real shame.

My man, they literally cut all development from the game during the middle of production. What we got during launch is basically all there is now minus game breaking bugs.

i actually completely forgot about it LMAO
never touched it and never will.

thank fuck they didn't ruin starcraft

>be blizzard franchise pillar
>get cucked by warcraft/diablo remakes
>just get a shitty barely high res reskin instead of a full blown remake
>see how wc3 refunded turned out
>mfw

Attached: 00a5ed6c430c62c1288e819eac90199c115dec823590eca9dbd672935aeca0fe.jpg (265x232, 14.61K)

>Inadvertently creates the genre that would ultimately kill RTS games by adding hero units and a powerful level editor tool
>Spin-off is so popular that people now regard it as the true version of the series that removes any chance of a proper sequel
>ALL of its major characters were butchered in said sequel
>Receives arguably the single worst remaster of a game ever that absolutely guts the game of features it used to have and creates numerous problems it never had before, retroactively fucking over the old version in the process
>Dev company abandons patching it to save it
>Said dev company throws itself in a ditch and lights itself on fire
Warcraft III got such a raw deal

Attached: warcraft-iii-warcraft-arthas-digital-wallpaper-preview.jpg (970x546, 113.5K)

>DUDE DOTA KILLED RTS
I'm so sick of this brainlet take.

MOBA faggots aren't even in the same universe as RTS chads. Don't even bring up those subhuman level vidyagames.

it did though. nobody plays starcraft. everyones out there playing league of niggers and dota 2 instead.

Make the pain go away

Attached: Sylvana Arthas.jpg (853x1440, 225.15K)

How fucked up would this timeline be if Blizzard got the rights to dota?

>just get a shitty barely high res reskin instead of a full blown remake
thats all they ever should have been my man
I don't know who these nublizz trannies think they are trying to change history

Attached: valkyrie.gif (180x193, 1.88M)

Wow was never good zoomer, this is a Warcraft thread.

You're in a bubble. Your experience is not representative of the genre.

unironically hots>dota2

Trying a bit too hard there, bud. Better ask your plebbit pals for a better playbook for the next thread, you blew this one.

Warcraft is a separate beast from Wow, where Wow was always shit, Warcraft used to have sovl, before Reforged killed it.

If you stop there, yes, you are fine. But it didn't...

>Mobashit > Mobashit
the only thing hots has going for it is characters that don't look like complete cringe reddit shit

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: kek.jpg (1179x924, 378.78K)

I hope microsoft will see Hots' potential. And fucking nerf abathur.

>the only thing hots has going for it is characters that don't look like complete cringe reddit shit
no, what made hots better than both dota, hon and lol is that it wasn't a 1hr match everytime, that felt like actual job instead of a game and you felt shit after it no matter if you won or lost

it did user.
it did.

Why has every subsequent RTS failed to compete with Mobas then? Why was there a huge crossover of RTS players into Mobas? The popular ones essentially run on the same isometric warcraft style controls with 6 item slots and four abilities, they're not that different you're just shaving off all the other units and a base to manage. RTS games used to be huge, pretending like they just naturally croaked and died is a dishonest take. Mobas scratched the same itch with an easier barrier of entry and larger commercial appeal.

I've never heard a convincing argument that they didn't play a large part in the death of RTS games.

Attached: 1607877935243.jpg (494x490, 63.04K)

HAHAHAHA LMAO WHAT

choclet raaaaaaaaaaaaaaain

SIRS PLESE UNDERSTAND INDIA STIL NO SUPERPOVER
DO THE NEEDFUL AND REDEEM THE GTA
THANKS AND GOOD MORNING SIRS

Every mmo ever

frankly, I am still amazed at the disrespect they showed to the most important game they have ever made. Think about the industry as it is now. League of Legends, a WC3 derivative. Most tower defense games, pretty much inspired by the myriad of TD custom games, this is a huge genre of mobile games these days. Not to mention that WC3 is where they found the aesthetic that has since been plagiarized a hundred times over, and the one that so many people remember.

It is just fucking wild, not only was it a colossal failure of an individual product, but it shows that higher-ups calling the shots literally have no idea what matters. fucking crazy.

Attached: how bout lunch.jpg (803x519, 21.14K)

I've been playing Death Knight on a WOTLK private server and it's a lot of fun :)

>create a sequel to one of your beloved franchises
>lol whoops, EA bought you out partway :^)
>1.5 years of development? yup, that's enough, ship it out and then fire everyone
>so unstable that you cannot progress past the first area (~3 minutes of content) without patches
>everything about it feels surreal and off, from the graphics to the music to the story to the gameplay
>full of glitches and insane gameplay decisions (like there is a thief class that has a high chance of instantly killing anything, including the final boss)
>despite everything, still has the spirit of Westwood all over it
>this was the third title, they were planning on having many, many more sequels which of course never came
I'll never forgive EA for this, I can only imagine what would have been.

Attached: 1630840036436.png (282x352, 188.17K)

After what they did to it with Reforged I know exactly how Don Corleone felt when he commented on how badly they massacred his son.

sounds comfy user

>Why has every subsequent RTS failed to compete with Mobas then?
because nobody plays hard games anymore, except for soulslikes, when people get gaslighted they're good and they won't be real gamers if they at least attempt to beat them.
same with arena shooters. dead genres, because nobody wants complicated games

How come olympic swimmers have failed to compete with marathon runners? Take that swimfags.
>Why was there a huge crossover of RTS players into Mobas?
Same reason most people don't play competitive games. Casuals gonna casual.
And that's fine. You were never fond of RTS games to begin with and so was never the audience.

>RTS games used to be huge
Were they now?
>muh death of RTS
RTS is still very much alive you retard. Just because (you) don't play them doesn't mean they're dead.
You're in a bubble. Your experience is not representative of reality.

come play with me we can erp

>playing warcraft 3 for the first time
>expect the stratholme scene to be some horrific morally gray event because I've seen so many threads debating it over the years
>arthas is 100% in the right
>it's not even a little bit ambiguous
>literally every citizen turns into a zombie before you can kill them
ok
also arthas and in fact this entire storyline is so childish, cartoony, and one dimensional who really gives a shit about this lore

Attached: 1639194107116.png (480x439, 469.96K)

Fundamentally different genres with fundamentally different audiences.
>Why was there a huge crossover of RTS players into Mobas?
Only of Starcraft 2 players, who were their own unique thing among RTS gamers. Starcraft 2 was intended by Blizzard to be a competitive multiplayer title, which is generally not something RTS games excel at, and which before Starcraft 2, only BW accomplished, and only in one small region of the world, South Korea. Rest of us just played BGH. MOBAs stole the competitive multiplayer audience from Blizzard, and retards (both devs and you retards on the internet) misinterpreted that as meaning RTS games need to be more MOBA-like, which did not attract more players to RTS games, but also drove away traditional RTS fans.

Seeing them rape the corpse of their best game made me emotionally depressed over a video game for the first time.

I will never not be mad, NEVER

People were kids when played that and it became a meme

lmao based

>their best game
t. started playing PC games in the 21st century

>Only of Starcraft 2 players [were "stolen" by moba]
Fuck off warcraftfag. Dota was huge in the custom-game community and you're trying to revise history into Starcraft-players jumping ship to dota? Fucking lmao.

wc3r is the only thing that's made me more angry than mass effect 3

Attached: mfw.png (600x1022, 364.79K)

It smells like newfag in here

It always does in RTS-threads because it's filled with retards who never played them.

This site has been smelling like that since 2016 user