Why did it sell so much?

Don’t get me wrong, I really liked the game and I’m happy it’s doing extremely well, but I always thought Soulsborne games were niche.

Even my ultranorman fren who only plays and doesn’t miss any of the yearly sport game releases is talking about it. He’s getting the game.

Attached: FC2AA267-FACA-40B7-9969-522C7A8F4DDE.jpg (739x415, 32.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uxEkXJxFIlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Normalfag bait

Open world gives people a sense of security/freedom, making it more accessible, even if the actual combat encounters are still hard.

Demon's Souls was a breakout cult hit.
Dark Souls was an internet phenomenon.

The fuck is up with this "niche" shit? It was always popular, pretty much from day 1.

most people only play through limgrave
then they give it a positive rating on steam and go back to playing whatever the current thing is
not ot say the game is bad, just thta at this point thats how the audience for most AAA games looks like

From Software is normalfag shit now.
Welcome to social media influencer zeitgeist. This is what you zoomers wanted.

Attached: 1427142994971.jpg (908x820, 212.72K)

>but I always thought Soulsborne games were niche.

God, no. There's a reason DS1 had a billion ports. Those have been massively succesful games for a while and Elden Ring is the best reviewed one yet. Also helps that it's the first actually good open world fantasy rpg since Witcher 3.

>but I always thought Soulsborne games were niche.
That's not been the case for a long time.
Dark Souls 3 has more than twice the reviews on Steam than nu-Asscreed (the greek one). And that's not even counting the console players.

because it hits the zeitgeist, open world games are massively popular in a time where most people are essentially slaves.

also the g r r martin marketing campaign

Marketing kept harping on how it's the most accessible From game.
And then a week later you get shitters whining about "unfair" bosses. Same as Sekiro.

>it's the most accessible From game.
To be honest it is the most accessible out of all From games. But that doesn't rule out being a difficult game which it definitely is.

>now.
It's always been the heckin epic "YOU DIED XD" series, user. It started in 2011.
The series was already popular out the gate.

Attached: 2601413-1323159244-Dark-.jpg .jpg (890x1024, 248.65K)

This game already sold more than every souls game combined.

Doesn't mean the other games didn't garner hundreds of millions of views and with Dark Souls III sitting comfortably at the top of Twitch on release day and Sekiro winning GOTY.
But "niche" series, amirite? Even if it didn't sell like Call of Duty, it sure has fuck had a presence in the public conscious.

What else is there to buy right now?

It's like saying GTA SA was niche game because GTA V sold more than whole series combined

The niche stuff is just propagated by dumbass elitists who think From is some sort of obscure developer that will only cater to their tastes. It's always like that before&after From release.
Remeber the Bloodborne/Sekiro threads?
>WHAT THE FUCK, GUNS IN DARK SOULS???? BLOODBORNE CONFIRMED COD, CASUL SHIT
>KEK IMMORTALITY BUTTON, FUCKING CASUL GARBAGE, FROM SOLD OUT

Because it has SOUL

youtu.be/uxEkXJxFIlE

Horizon devs are buttmad jelly (You) didn't buy their cinematic experience.

Fame.

they got normalfags good by including GRRM
it got it into their subconscious that "this isn't fantasy for nerds and weird people, this is fantasy for us, like GOT"