Would you be willing to play a game that has lots of things going on but has ps1 level graphics?

would you be willing to play a game that has lots of things going on but has ps1 level graphics?

are there any games that has a lot of complex stuff and is detailed and has lots of things going on but the graphics are really low quality

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112.79K)

Death to all zoomers. Including OP.

You are describing RTS

dwarf fortress

This tbqh, the only two single player games I enjoyed playing in the past three years were Silent Hill and Dusk.
PS: the only multiplayer game I play is Team Fortress 2

no one cares

I'd be perfectly happy with n64 style games if it meant they put more stuff in. Imagine how big a game could be without muh realistic graphics.

Was born 1992 and I care about your post

no was thinking a cod like fps game with lots and lots of enemies and things happening but the graphics are a little low level not a lot but little.

Would love th have a game with a large scale battle and you shoot things in it

Based and same

BattleBit Remastered?

ever heard of really obscure called minecraft?..

>would you be willing to play a game that has lots of things going on but has ps1 level graphics?
Graphics aren't everything. How they are used are much more important than the technology and the polycount and resolution. There are actual PS1 games that still look genuinepy good. And lets not forget about gameplay, atmosphere, etc.

>would you be willing to play a game that has lots of things going on but has ps1 level graphics?
Yes.

Attached: 1614603506943.jpg (1920x1080, 566.01K)

DRG and BotW are pretty good indicators.

yeah valheim is great

>would you be willing to play a game
No.

There are still games being made which have ASCII (or code page whatever) or NES tier graphics. Good ones at that. PS 1 would certainly be playable too. Cruelty Squad is pretty close

make it PS2 and we have a deal

Name one in development

No. Fuck mushy blurry incomprehensible textures. Don't give me that "You use your imagination" bullshit. You simply just can't see what the fuck it is and that's all there is to it.

>this is a legitimate question that zoomers ask now
Im so done with society. Burn it all down, theres nothing left in humanity's future.

yes, PS1 graphics are beautiful

Attached: 37158-Metal_Gear_Solid_[disc2of2]-9.jpg (800x559, 64.52K)

Yeah, definitely.

>has lots of things going on but the graphics are really low quality
That's System Shock

Attached: systemshock1.jpg (1920x1080, 592.62K)

Bravely Default is a good example, all the JRPG remasters as well. if this is lazy market research, basically just play Vagrant Story through a couple of times instead and do something like that

Are those filtered textures? Ew.

As rob fermier likes to say, at System Shock they use the whole pig.

the visuals of MGS1 are great for PS1, but it's because it's so simplistic. There's almost nothing going for it, and that's why it can afford to have those well-crafted visuals. It's an 8-bit top down game on a 3d platform. Nothing about the actual design evolved from the MSX2 days. It just looks nicer, and even that part suffers because of the obsolete camera angle mandated by the obsolete design.
A more dynamic game with much more functional detail could not look as good as MGS1 on that platform.

I think I would be perfectly fine if video games had not evolved beyond the level of visuals seen in HL2 or Doom 3
To be honest these two still look better than some modern games almost 20 years after release.

Attached: half-life-2-09.big.jpg (980x588, 66.67K)

Cataclysm dark days ahead

Inb4 not a real game & doesn't count

>Not posting Ultima Underworld
Ngmi

I remember the hype around the e3 demo. I woke up early in the morning to check it out.

Attached: 2002 e3 demo docks.jpg (1000x563, 446.84K)

Same tbqh. Hitman Contracts is fine for me too. 2002-2004 is good enough.

Reminder that the pc port of MGS 1 suffers from a number of screw ups. Like with any bad port, there are missing graphic effects and the audio is broken. They couldn't recreate the post processing from the PS1 version, the music is cut down and doesn't loop right, and all of the audio is out of tune / off pitch, because the sounds were ripped at a lower bitrate.

Even on emulator you need to enable special settings to get the post processing to work.

I play Dwarf Fortress, so yes.