If souls games are ARPGs then what do we call isometric loot autism key smashing simulators like diablo and poe?

If souls games are ARPGs then what do we call isometric loot autism key smashing simulators like diablo and poe?

Attached: 1629249882776.jpg (1170x520, 79.44K)

Hack and Slash. No, your button mashing faggot DMC shit is not H'n'S, the term literally originated from tabletop so it belongs to RPGs.

shit.

Attached: 1647412836310.gif (234x280, 1.03M)

diablolikes

What do you call dmc shit then? Spectacle fighters?

Garbage.

Who calls DMC hack 'n' slash? Hack 'n' slash are more akin to beat 'em ups.

"Diablo clone" or "game like Diablo" or "Diablo2like" are unambiguous.

Retards like

You can't answer a simple question and I'm the retard? Ok lol

Far better than "character action game".

Oh no, you are a braindead phoneposter too. I answered your question, child.
Learn to turn off auto capitalization.

Literally what are you talking about schizoid
I accept your concession

Are you lost, meme spouting child?

They're diablo clones you goddamn zoomer.

Oh no, it's seething

Attached: 1642959974824.jpg (470x470, 29.53K)

i hate people who say diablo clones its the same shit like saying wolfenstein clone or metroid clone or zelda clone or donkey kong clone the fuck just say the fucking category

A waste of time.

"___ clone" feels outdated. Plus you end up with cunts whining at each other if a game isn't strictly adherent to the design of its namesake, case-in-point "rougelike".

>case-in-point "rougelike"
roguelike is a pretty bad example because i assume you mean games like ftl or nuclear throne which quite literally have nothing in common with rogue

>implying souls games isnt an autistic roll around bosses simulator

That was my point.

More memes, facebook reject.

Style Slashers

you cant say
>isn't strictly adherent to the design of its namesake
when literally, not figuratively but literally, there is nothing in common with the games. this is unironically on par with calling forza a doom clone, thats how retarded it is. perhaps you should familiarise yourself with rogue and the games copying rogue elements before making further comments

there is more lore in diablo 1 than all souls games combined

It's more descriptive than "arpg", which could be used to describe any game with action combat and stats.

What does that have to do with the question?

i call them diablo clones. i call dark souls an rpg. i call dmc an action game.

"Roguelike" as a genre name is frequently misapplied because of how specific it is. It would be like calling Breath of the Wild a "GTA clone" because they both have large playable maps.

aRPGs. Souls games are 3rd person aRPGs.

>If souls games are ARPGs
They are action RPGs, Diablo likes are ARPGs

roguelike is no more specific than souls like, diablo clone, or any similar labels that specifically take one influential game and its unique way of combining different mechanics. you wouldnt apply souls like to dmc either because you know what dark souls is. i presume the only problem here is most gamers are far too young to even know what rogue is, and because games that copy rogue, in other words roguelike, are almost universally so niche you wouldnt have heard about any of them if you werent already into roguelikes
also ive literally never heard anyone called botw a gta clone, hell ive never heard anyone over the age of 14 say gta clone

no but gj you got me to reply