How worried is Nintendo that they have to compete with Elden Ring now? BOTW2 better be something special...

How worried is Nintendo that they have to compete with Elden Ring now? BOTW2 better be something special, it wont be enough if its just the same game

Attached: file.png (640x360, 284.81K)

>they have to compete with Elden Ring
No they don't.

Its going to seem lackluster in comparison. Elden Ring raised the bar

as long as they make it have more of an identity as a Zelda game rather than just an "open world" game.

Seriously needs a real Zelda dungeon rather than a billion puzzle rooms that all look the same, and 4 animal statues that are just slightly different puzzle rooms that all look the same. Take a look at any of the old 3D Zeldas and the art direction is so much more interesting than BotW

Attached: ZeldaCursedClothing.jpg (931x1905, 353.07K)

Attached: botw2comparison1.png (1778x2000, 2.49M)

Attached: botw2comparison2.png (1778x2000, 2.82M)

Attached: botw2comparison3.png (1778x2000, 2.25M)

Elden Ring is a normalfag game but I really doubt normalfags will care too much. They'll just see it as yet another popular game to capitalize on

They are already starting off on the wrong foot by reusing the environment from the original game. People are going to mark that as a detriment against the next game, because there is no way to backtrack that and people will recognize the areas over whatever twist or spin they put on that reuse. I also think that it is going to be technologically limited and disappoint people in what the game does unless it is a Switch successor launch title.

Normal people have enough consciousness to do comparisons between mainstream titles of the same genre, like COD and BF. It doesn't mean that they will be good but they are capable of doing it.

There better be dungeons with unique themes and bosses

Wow it's literally the same shit

Nintendo knows they just have to make the bare minimum and title it "Zelda" or "Mario" or "Pokemon" to make it sell

Attached: botw1v2.png (1778x2000, 3.49M)

>of the same genre
zelda isn't an rpg, dilate

The amount of divide Botw caused will be more apparent with the sequel's sales, nu Zelda sucks.

Tendies in full copeseethe mode, the reign of shitch is over

>The amount of divide Botw caused
non existent outside of this shithole and your HRT destroyed brain

See

That distinction won't matter to nomies so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here. Those people will compare apples and oranges on the basis that they are both roughly spherical.

>Elden Ring raised the bar
No, it didn't. It's just more Dark Souls, except an open world. The difference is that BotW actually did something new with open world.

BotW2 will be a huge success and if it releases this year 2022 will just be considered a fantastic year for vidya with both Elden Ring and BotW2 filling players' plates. The fact that they're not sharing release windows is already hugely advantageous. Rather than inviting negative comparisons that stem from "why should I buy this over Elden Ring?", it'll be a case of "I can have both" or "I'm done with Elden Ring, now I can play this."

That said, the comparisons are still a little retarded. BotW is much more of a sandbox experience and that's where it excels. It's so good at being a sandbox and that's why so many fell in love with it. People who aren't into sandbox games tend to be more critical of it, which is understandable. I'm one of those people. I played BotW at launch, did the temples, fought Ganon, etc. Then I never picked the game back up. But I can still acknowledge its strengths, and the physics and all the stupid shit you can do in the game are pretty impressive. Most open world games don't allow for that kind of creativity with their mechanics.

I don't know what Nintendo is doing with BotW2, but historically keeping a project in the oven this long for them has been a good thing. I'm sure whatever it is will be impressive on some level, even if it's not my cup of tea. No reason to doompost until it's out. The odds of something quality releasing are pretty high. On the opposite end, if it ends up being garbage then it's probably a sign that Nintendo is legitimately losing their touch. Only time will tell, though.

Attached: 1524553015477.png (544x566, 425.8K)

Tendies won't play elden ring

It's the best selling entry in the series.

who fucking cares

Elden is botw for adults. Completely different demographic

Elden is BotW for teens. Completely different demographic.