Starfox Adventures

This is a genuinely good game that was only hated because it wasn't what was expected, not because of overall gameplay quality

Attached: Star_Fox_Adventures_GCN_Game_Box.jpg (220x312, 34.68K)

>rail-roaded platformer with the occasional Arwing mission sprinkled in
>had a decent fake-language that dropped the ball when they didn't translate "General Scales"
>collectathon of items with weird fucking names
>tricky
>krystal wasn't even that hot, preferred Vela's underskirt a gen back.

I think not.

Attached: maxresdefault (17).jpg (1280x720, 111.85K)

>only gameplay-related criticism is the game being linear
>linear =/= bad
>rest is horny furry garbage
>saying Tricky is bad despite the objective fact that Tricky was the best charcter in the game
you tried

where are we going

A dinosaur scrappy doo? really?

>>had a decent fake-language that dropped the ball when they didn't translate "General Scales"
Nah, that was funny.

the game is fun. If it isn't fun, why bother!?

I played this game until the end and don't exactly agree with you. The game isn't great by any means, but it's definitely not bad. It's average, if not blatantly mediocre. It starts out strong, but gets worse the longer you play it, as cut content makes itself more apparent.

Unlike Scrappy Doo, Tricky is likeable and useful

honestly is was kinda boring.

I didn’t even know it was considered bad until years later

>Vela's upskirt.
My brother.

It's the worst rare collectathon. The combat was bad and the arwing parts were worse. The artstyle is uninspired and the music sucks. The plot is boring except for the very end that makes no fucking sense.

>linear =/= bad
after the Banjo games and JFG, yeah this was a let down in that department.

Honestly looked like it was a better game when it was on the N64 and not remade/recycled for Starfox.

certainly felt underwhelming when the end came.

As a rare game with collecting and exploring levels, it was pretty linear and dull.
As a Star Fox game (Arwing), wasn't much happening there.

It's kind of a hidden gem.

it's ok but if it was a zelda game it'd be considered a low tier entry in the series

it's basically okami tier, decent but nothing more

You can pinpoint the second they ran out of time/budget and they make you just go back through shit or flat out five you the things you need.

This was the game that made me give Zelda games a second chance and made me a Zelda fan. Fucking comfy adventure game with amazing visuals. I'm still shocked it runs at solid 60 fps and had seamless transition between areas despite being one of the best looking games on the console.

Attached: 18110-star-fox-adventures.jpg (450x320, 27.9K)

Attached: that_chick_from_starfox_by_theoriginalmistajonz-d34mr2z.png (900x675, 836.2K)

I enjoyed it a lot.
So many voice lines still burned into my mind 20 years later.

YOU PAY THIIIIS MUCH

>shown off as a completely original game, which everyone really enjoyed as it was creative and fun
>Shiggy demands it to be a starfox game instead
>ask "WHY IS EVERYONE IS ANGRY???"

Gee Timmy, maybe everyone wouldn't be as angry IF YOU JUST FUCKING STICK WITH THE PLANS.

Attached: 1646505616291.jpg (1080x1080, 127.33K)

Tricky was shitty. He suffered from the same pitfalls of other annoying sidekick characters where too much of the story and game mechanics was him getting in trouble and you having to bail him out. Having to use him for a few game mechanics doesn't validate him.

The game was decent.
As for a Rare game it was shit.

No collectables, Some bad designs on bosses. World design was to stale. It felt like a corridor game where you go from A to B without any fun exploration.

Want to know something nice?

Vera had boob jiggle physics too in the game. I just noticed it lately when i was playing my n64 copy on my big screen and had her walk close to the camera.