How are people parrying?

I can never get it to proc. Maybe a quarter of the time. Is it a frame rate thing or does my timing suck?

Attached: elden-ring-parry-image.jpg (1090x698, 171.88K)

Seek skill

try finger, but hole

>seek help on a skill
>reply with seek skill
I'm pretty sure that's what he's doing

Attached: 1624987170041.gif (293x240, 743.73K)

Parry is good only in pve, I would never trust the laggy as fuck peer-to peer connections to parry in PVP it's an uphill battle.

Literally trial and error.

you basically cant parry on reaction to most attacks, due to latency you would already be too late
yes you have to hard read and know in advance that he will swing at that time

Ever since DSII they deliberate tried to fuck up parrying. I don't bother with it. Not with how spastic most enemies are.

pve is what I mean. Im stuck on the crucible knight. Hes one of the last bosses in limgrave that Ive got to kill. Messages around say parry. I never bothered with it

Attached: crucible_knight_elden_ring_wiki_guide_300px.jpg (300x169, 10.52K)

This

Parrying is hard to get right in online and very few are able to do so (Mordhau works well for example)

Your best bet is to not rely on it

I've never needed parry before this game and I won't need it after this game.

Attached: 8375736747.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

Oh ok nevermind then you just need to eat a big spoonful of concrete so you can harden the fuck up

yea im here too. i parry and it doesnt damage but i dont get the stagger

Parrying is frame specific moreover it's more proactive than reactive so it's unnatural as fuck. Don't bother, user. Learn the fight, adapt and overcome.

>i parry and it doesnt damage but i dont get the stagger
youre doing it too early then. too late and you just get hit.

Parry is so awkward is souls games I dunno how people do it other than memorizing all the enemy attack animations. I wish you could just press the button the moment the attack is about to hit you but no you have to press it a good amount before. Also I dunno how people figure out which attacks are parryable and which are not since atleast like half of them aren’t. Seriously how can you tell

>assume all Evergaol bosses are as hard as Crucible Knight
>save them for later
>come back later
>they all die in like 5 hits

you have to parry at point blank in his face, if you parry the tip of his weapon or even the middle youll just get a soft block and no parry

You usually want the backswing animation of your shield parry to come out right as you're about to get hit. At least that's what I noticed, and it didn't seem to change from DS3. Then again, I only used my shield to try my parry once and I went back to never using it again.

I believe you can parry all humanoid enemies besides obvious magic type shit like ground stomping earthquake stuff

either they tightened the frames for medium shields or enemy attacks are just faster, i've been having a challenging time parrying with a medium shield. I can consistently pull it off with a small shield, and the buckler is easy.

use a buckler in pvp, I can't remember how many times i've parried some moonveil faggot's weapon art and instantly killed him with a riposte from my Great Stars

On PC, parrying is a 2 button process. You have to hold run and tap block or vice versa. The former gives you more mobility but the latter gives you much greater safety.

Other than using a smaller shield to widen the reaction window, it seems like its just down to timing. I have limited the game to 60fps though because console players dont seem to complain about this. Maybe its frame related? The less the better I dunno. Its so goddamn hard to get right and you have to learn every single enemies moves.

>save them for later
OP here. There are some people who are walking up to Margit without even unlocking levelling and absolutely stomping him mostly by using parry. I only just found out how op parry is and I'm trying to learn it.

Attached: buckler_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 18.83K)

>OP here. There are some people who are walking up to Margit without even unlocking levelling and absolutely stomping him mostly by using parry. I only just found out how op parry is and I'm trying to learn it.
Yes and they spent hours of trial and error learning all of Margit's moves just to do that.

>On PC, parrying is a 2 button process. You have to hold run and tap block or vice versa
wat. just used the parry skill?

I also spent hours learning all his moves, only to edge him out by the skin of my teeth with the big stupid jellyfish and roger backing me up at level 35 with a +4 longsword because I fucking suck at this game

>On PC, parrying is a 2 button process. You have to hold run and tap block or vice versa.
what the fuck. buy a controller. im on pc too and im not retarded enough to settle for that shitty sounding layout.

also pretty sure the game is capped at 60 like all other souls games.

just git gud

I'm convinced they use cheat engine to nail down the timing without worrying about dying and reloading. No way they actually did real attempts and sit through the loading screen when learning.

get a controller and rebind weapon art to L1, it's not hard to adjust and you REALLY want something as tight as parrying to be an instant reaction

damn bro. you just posted cringe. im sorry for you.

Margit shouldn't be a big wall for anyone. Go upgrade a weapon of your choice to +3 and your vitality to 15, then come back if you're struggling. Or pick up magic if you're retarded at video games. No one should be dying to Margit more than like 2 times.

There's a part where some higher rocks meet the forcefield, and you can lead him into that part, jump up, and trap him there to wail on him from above as he keeps trying to run into you, you have to chip away, chug, and use spell heals to pull it off due to the fact he'll always hit you, and can only use firebombs/melee to do it, otherwise he gets wise if you use ranged/spells and goes around

You also need to use something with a huge amount of reach, even the Zwei just barely did it, and I ate his rockshit a few times in a constant loop of jump+heavy, roll, either make it/get hit/get rocked, repeat. This asshole has infinite reach, so he has this trap coming

People have dived into a lot of stats/values with Cheat Engine and friends, and every single goddamn enemy has either infinite/crazy-regenerating stamina, you simply have to fight dirty or exploit if you actually wanna have fun with a good amount of enemies in this

Why bother parrying in PvE when guard counter exists and leads to riposte just the same.