Elden ring bosses are shit

>go back and watch Soul of Cinder boss fight in Dark Souls 3
>maybe 1 delayed/feint attack in the whole fight
>huge wind up attacks have tons of recovery frames for punishing
>huge "super attacks" do 50% or less of a player's HP compared to ER's early bosses doing 70% or more for standard attacks
>mild tracking that prevents boss from hitting 180 degrees behind him
>reasonable amount of HP
>no "GOTCHA!" shit where rolling through an attack towards the boss makes it decide to link in a different combo then another then another to ensure you never get to punish/attack

I can't even fucking imagine how god awful the next game is going to be. Is Miyazaki just going to have bosses literally attack non-stop with each hit doing 95% of your HP?

Attached: 1643981511853.jpg (600x508, 52.54K)

I dunno which I dislike worse, the rehashed parts of Elden Ring or the Chalice Dungeons in Bloodborne.

I never played Dark Souls (just ER and Sekiro), but it's fucking bizarre watching gameplay videos and seeing players get hit for maybe 1/3 of their HP tops while I'm getting two shot if I fail to dodge an attack once because I get staggered.

Try getting hit less

>boss hits me with an attack that does 60% of my life bar
>feel relieved because it’s less than most bosses

The damage numbers in this game have to be tuned wrong or something. Even at 55 vigor most hits by end game enemies are 80%+ of your HP and usually are in a 5 hit combo. It’s too bad since the boss fights are fun they’re just hard because you can only make one single mistake before you have to heal

translation: elden ring is too hard and i cant pretend to be a hardcore gamer anymore

translation: wtf why cant i be tanky while naked and wearing soreseal

I replayed ER on a new character and got to Godrick again and holy crap the speed at which he swings his axe is so wildly different for each move.

Elden Ring looks like DS2 2.0 with the added benefit of tech advancing so it doesn't look like a PS2 game anymore. Just lots of filler content for the sake of content for fanatics the Japanese way. It's B-team shit all over again, they even hired a knockoff Tolkien ffs.

Yes, getting two-shot for one mistake is good game design.
This would be fine for some level of NG+, but it's retarded for base game.
You either end up being austic and mastering the boss beyond all sane reason or you use summons and move on with your life.

Unironically it'll be bullet hell. You are already seeing a glimpse of it with homing rapidfire spells and the lobstermen's macross missile hell. 100% it will become a standard feature of boss attacks. It's also likely that it will become 'one hit = one kill'. If they make it so the bosses aren't meatshields with multi phases then a one hit one kill could kinda fuck.

I'm going to snap at my friends for the audacity to go
>"Oh Abyss walkers was harder for me than Rot-bitch"
>"Oh Gundyr was harder for me than Morgit in the capital"
Because those are lies. They are just out and out fucking lies. There is not a universe where Gundyr holds a candle to the kind of rampant nonsense we're getting in ER.

The ease at which you get additional flasks speaks to their intention of wanting you to have to gamble healing. I know you could get upwards of 20 flask sips in Souls, but it required saving up humanities to spend and it was only at a particular bonfire.

Elden ring is BORING SHIT worse than dark souls 2

Played with heavy armor and a shield for most of the game. Didn’t use the the sore items. When you use a shield and large weapon, most bosses will only let you hit them once after you block their frenzy shit if you’re lucky and if you used barricade shield

>>huge wind up attacks have tons of recovery frames for punishing
This is what I miss most. ER is full of situations where a boss does a huge windup, drives their weapon into the ground, then SIKE! untelegraphed wide weapon swing for any player retarded enough to try to go in and punish the whiff. You learn quickly enough but it feels unnatural and dishonest

there are some enemies that are bugged and are on their NG+ variations even during the first playthrough and some other things. can only hope it's something like that or some kind of oversight. just gets kind of boring.

do a jumping attack after the big attack to jump over the gotcha sweep. easy

Youre talking to someone who told his friend to +10 mimic tear, i dont give a fuck if you use someones that's why they are there and so absurdly good, also try blocking?? I plat vermintide on cata i always die in one hit in games

>I can't even fucking imagine how god awful the next game is going to be.
I'm genuinely looking forward to it at this point. I want to see how much cancer the drones are capable of tolerating before they finally admit they're a bunch of shit eaters.

This isn't the worst of it. It's the half-arsed nature of the game that is really the problem. Like that floating over rocks bullshit when you jump up ledges. I wouldn't even accept that from recent graduates let alone "THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR". And of course that shader load lag and the God-awful and completely pointless camera centering.

I don't think I've seen as amateurish a game get heaped with so much praise before. And the stupid thing is at this point you can really tell that people just do it to pretend they are hardcore. Looking at Steam stats barely anyone even bothered with finishing even half this game.

We have finally seen the rise of Japjank. And unlike Eurojank it's actually pretty crap.

Attached: 0J61h.jpg (543x609, 56.19K)

I have a feeling the next game will be wildly different from Souls. There's nowhere else to really take the formula after Elden Ring.

I'm starting to believe that miyazaki doesn't actually play his own games, and fell too hard for the prepare to die edition meme. Also the last boss sucked complete ass, I was surprised the last boss was so underwhelming as a fight. It was just a benny hill simulator.

No they do do that much dmg. I was rocking the black plate armor from malakath and like 60 vigor and one hit would 60-80% me by the end. And any time you drink the boss has a punish for it, so you need to bob and weave inbetween combos to drink.

most people don't finish games they start. It's why most steam achievements by the end have like 30-40% have the endgame achievement. The game is fun, and pretty good, and is better than ds3 for certain, but it certainly has its flaws.