Strangers of Paradise: Final Fanasy Origin

Is this a good game or not? Every time I've checked for threads here it has always just been Jack meme threads. What is the actual game like? Is it good? Should I buy it? The demos were fun, but there have been cases where the demos were the peak of the game and everything goes downhill after.

Attached: squareenix-stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-ps5,95224652457_8.jpg (580x514, 41.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Hkj-uvg2sRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's shit.

The actual game is really fun and basically final fantasy Nioh, the story is also much better than the Journos let on.

If you like Nioh you'll probably enjoy this as well.

I just beat the black knight and I think the game is fun so far. I'm just glad we finally got a modern FF game with a job system.

it reminds me of action games of old, so it's good. Those never had the most clever stories, nor should they, who cares

It's the souls game of the year

Game's not out unless you pre-ordered on console
There's a demo you can go play to see what it's like

It's a love it or hate it game. I mean ffs the game opens with "I did it my way" at one point jack puts headphones in and starts listening to Limp bizkit

It's overall messy and unfinished but I also like some aspects a lot and want to see TN continue with this system
The Good
>Job system allows for variety out the gate and doesn't require grinding for hours to find a weapon playstyle you prefer
>Jack is fucking refreshing as a slightly autistic angry protag, who keeps things straight and to the point without fucking rambling about pointless bullshit or doing constant Whedon quips
>The fact that there isn't a permanent XP loss system like Dark Souls prevents frustration
>Having enemies taken from FF games keeps enemies much more varied than Nioh
The bad
>Levels are hallways with very little exploration or discovery, making even basic Nioh levels look like fucking complex maps
>Soul Shield needs to be rebalanced, perfectly parried attacks still cost too much soul shield and bosses can fucking leave you in a stunned state with two hits
>Performance is fucking bad, the resolution for framerate mode is pathetically low and still manages to hitch on PS5
>The lack of frustrating xp loss also means that fights have less stake to them and less satisfaction when beating them
Square Enix clearly rushed this game out but it's far from awful

Attached: 1632075384364.jpg (1200x1070, 66.67K)

>Strangers of Paradise
reread the title on the boxart retard

>tfw hopped dimensions again

Attached: 1643309310526.png (765x541, 1.01M)

Surprisingly the plot is actually quite decent. I'm startled that they managed to tie it all together in the end.
Like I didn't think I'd like this game, but it wasn't bad. I don't think it's worth buying though.

looks like nioh in FF setting
worth a pirate

It's Nioh but Final Fantasy, it has a shlocky story and a fun as fuck job system. If you don't like modern ARPGs you wont like it. The demo contains the first 3 missions go try it.

Attached: 1645248103821.png (441x246, 25.95K)

It's a good game but its not a good movie, so obviously Any Forums - Movie Games will not like it because they read through the journalists that it lacks a good (female) story

>I mean ffs the game opens with "I did it my way" at one point jack puts headphones in and starts listening to Limp bizkit
You're fucking kidding right? Honestly kind of liking how unapologetically edgy this sounds. I might get this game as a pick me up sometime.

I just finished it, 15 hours on normal mode but I didn't do much of the sidequests

it's genuinely really fun and silly but also surprisingly not-shit, the characters are all cliches who shout horrible phrases but I still liked them and it somehow manages to explain the original time paradox loop of the first final fantasy game, which obviously didn't think too hard about that part

combat is good, you get a nice variety of weapon styles and abilities and you have to master multiple of them if you want to unlock the expert jobs, there's a nice sense of progression where the higher-tier jobs are actually harder to use effectively so it feels like a skill reward. Difficulty on normal was pretty good i'm gonna try harder next.

the actual levels are pretty much mazes and entirely built around shortcuts and combat encounters so they don't look great and there's not much huge spectacles besides the bossfights, it's way more of a nioh/older souls game than like a DMC or MGR, but if you're a final fantasy nerd you can get some nostalgia running around the crystal tower or my personal favorite, Delkfutt's Tower from XI which has those magic pot enemies in it, got some feels from that.

The demo should give you a substantial idea of how much you'd like it but I really enjoyed it, it's a pure gameplay game where you just smash enemies up for hours and get rewarded with goofball cutscenes

>You're fucking kidding right
I am not. youtu.be/Hkj-uvg2sRU

That's MGR tier shit. I like this.

he also interrupts three villain monologues,two by literally trying to punch the boss in the face mid-sentence

The story is so fucking bad

name 10 good videogame stories
protip: lore =/= story