How it's meant to be played:

>take your time and roam around, but focus on the objectives
>if having tough time on main bosses, go explore and try to thing a good weapon/spell/etc
>get a really replayable game as a result because you'll find something new each time you play it
How people are playing it:
>take 20 hours to search every single nook and cranny for each area in the game, getting every piece of loot there
>overlevel to hell as a result and make the whole game a cakewalk

Attached: youtube-elden-ring-divulgacao-scaled.jpg (960x547, 95.38K)

I have 21 hours and think I got everything in Limgrave east/west. I beat Margit but not Godrick. I'm level 42

Am I doing it wrong?

Attached: 1553580630981.jpg (750x416, 24.06K)

Elden ring is BORING SHIT worse than dark souls 2

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T EXPLORE IN A OPEN WORLD GAME YOU HAVE TO EXPLORE BUT NOT THAT MUCH EXPLORATION YOU ARE BREAKING THE GAME IT'S YOUR FAULT NOT OURS

dilate

I got overleveled but by different reasons, i got teleported to the far left of caelid at lvl 10 and ended up killing the godskin apostle after some hours and he gave me 93k souls, then i explored caelid and when i was done limgraive was a cakewalk and so far liurna is also a cakewalk, i think i earned it after suffering with my unleveled godslayer sword the entirety of caelid

Most common complaint in here is that the endgame bosses are too hard, I don't think too many people are having that last issue.

If they wanted me to do that faggotry there should've been a time limit. But there isn't, is there?

Attached: 1647251650146.png (666x666, 859.64K)

I went out of my way to scour the world for everything I could do and I wasn’t overpowered at the end, I enjoy the game and wanted to keep playing it. Not sure how much fun a NG play through will be since I explored so much the first time, the exploration and combat was the draw for me

you beat the godskin apostle in the Caelid divine tower with an unupgraded weapon? jesus that must have been awful

Does this game have multiple saves?

well I got 120 hours out of my one play through and im still having fun with pvp
idk what else i could ask for really

>got teleported to the far left of caelid
How?

I'm still on my first playthrough. I've got 80 hours so far. I've been playing with the Taunters Tongue on permanently and it's great fun.

Basically just found my favorite two weapons, got base stats for them and then put everything else into Faith, Health and FP

Attached: 1617113960580.jpg (1920x1080, 470.88K)

>Be me
>Notice that weapon upgrades are all that matters for power
>Hit the mines and follow the graces
>End up having epic and challenging battles at lower levels with double tree sentinels and a gargoyle defending the capital
>Go off the beaten path just for the heck of it and find a castle with a cool commander boss who guards half a medallion
I'm on my second playthrough now trying a different build and exploring a couple different areas this time. 9/10 game I'll likely be playing this for years. -1 for Fire Giant and Godskin Duo

Wrong.
>the way I'm playing it
How it's not meant to be played:
>the way you're playing it

I used an uchigatana and poison knives, you can hit him comfortably when he's doing that retarded spin attack with his blade, after that is just rolling backwards and baiting that attack, second phase is a lot easier since the body horror attacks are all incredibly telegraphed and give a lot of room to use bleed

>exploring Farum Azula
>figured I got most everything but there’s one area I haven’t managed to get to out on some floating debris
>make my way down
>surprised to find no item, nothing
>get prompt to lie down
>crazy kino boss fight ensues
100+ hours on my unfinished first playthrough and this game still manages to impress and surprise me. dragonlord kicked my ass by the way

>overleveled
If you're talking about overleveled for the dungeon/cave boss fights, they're not suppose to have the most challenging bosses. The tutorial does the same boss theme for a common godrick soldier.
I'm not at endgame yet but it seems like everybody else is having a hard time with it.

There’s a chest in one of the ruins in limgrave that teleports you to a mine in caelid. You can also run through diodes river from limgrave and use a stone sword key to come up into caelid

I'm sorry i meant far right, to a monastery with a standing passive gargoyle at the entrance, i tried to kill it but my sword just bounced out of him so i ignored it

why do people hate fire giant? I thought he was easy but fun, I liked his move set with the shield. some people said he was a damage sponge but powerstanced spear L1 pokes and death rite spear weapon art took him down pretty quick

There is no wrong way to play. Anyone that says otherwise is a tryhard cunt looking for empty clout.

Since Dark Souls PC, I feel like people just want to conquer the game. Find every secret through any means, exploit the broken shit, generally the playerbase just declined massively. Elden Ring is the worst for this because it hit Skyrim levels of popularity.

>focus on the objectives
Soulless

>>take 20 hours to search every single nook and cranny for each area in the game, getting every piece of loot there
and miss almost every non-ending related questline as a result. for an open world game it sure has a path set out that it wants you to follow

Is this game already forgotten? It's easily platinumed in 1 playthrough and there are no covenants and afaik multiplayer is doa meaning there's no repayable

Attached: Hrg.jpg (1034x850, 82.09K)

The main reason this game has almost zero replayability is because most players familiar with From Software are going to explore everything they can find. They might miss a few things, like maybe the Frenzied Flame ending, Ranni's questline in full, or similar hard-to-figure out objectives, but even if they don't use a walkthrough, they'll see virtually every single enemy and boss fight on their initial play through--since they want to 'beat all the shardbearers.' By the time you start up another character, you'll be tired because you've fought Ulcerated Tree Spirits, Magma Wyrms, Dragons, Erdtree Avatars, Erdtree Guard Dogs, Assassins, trolls, crucible knights, etc., etc., etc. about ten-thousand times. They get tiring on the FIRST play through, let alone the second. It's nothing like the other games where you only get to see things like the Guardian Ape or Monk maybe twice. Good fights like Margott and Mohg are spaced so far between each-other, it takes ages to grind up to them.

Almost the entire game is optional; and thus nearly 90% of it is filler, recycled assets to satisfy the open world.

It's not easily platinumed in one playthrough intentionally though. People are just save scumming.

Don't make the game open world if you don't want me to explore it fucko. Especially since completely game-changing recipes, amulets and weapons are sometimes hidden in generic copy-pasted dungeon #405. If I'm playing blind then I have no choice but to do everything.

>Basically just found my favorite two weapons
What are those user?

Nothing wrong with save scumming. Why would you replay the entire game just for a different 1 minute cutscene... you're genuinely retarded if you do this

>Is this game already forgotten?

Elden Ring... so easily forgotten.

>get all the sekrit bosses before using the Giant Forge and tell Ofnir about them
>he just says "ummm what now" and nothing else

Attached: 142142152166.png (246x218, 71.24K)

>Nothing wrong with save scumming
Not that user, and I agree, but saying "lol game is easily platinued" when you savescum and look up guides online is like saying "lol game is so easy why are you guys having trouble" when you use cheat-engine.

What kind of ash/scaling did ypu put on your spear?

nah man id rather switch to night and flame cheese though it and proceed to get steamrolled in dueling summons