How do I make a post apocalyptic RPG without ripping off Fallout

How do I make a post apocalyptic RPG without ripping off Fallout

Attached: 0ECF5B51-A8D2-4468-A888-D09C376320FF.jpg (295x331, 42.6K)

make it in the actual future and not retarded fallout "its like what if it was like the future with no real innovation and robots and stuff and we listened to old moosic"

That’s exactly what I was going to do but I’m scared people are going to compare my setting to Fallouts I don’t want to be seen as a rip off

Bump

>with no real innovation
super high capacity batteries would actually unironically be one of the most innovative things if we invented them now

would have made all kinds of sci-fi shit possible

>with no real innovation
There was actually quite alot of actual innovation in the later years of fallouts timeline.
One of the best things in the series is reading about all the fucking fantastic technology that could have changed the world if it didn't get produced so late.
The matter replicators in Dead Money are easily one of the best peices of this.

>fantastic technology that could have changed the world if it didn't get produced so late
Like what?

Like my already mentioned example the Sierra Madre vending machines.
These things by themselves even disregarding everything else great in the Sierra Madre it is easily one of the best peices of tech in Fallout Universe.
Seriously imagine what you could do with something that can turn something into practically fucking anything.
You could turn piles of dirt into crude oil or any other number of the raw resources the prewar world governments were fighting over.
It's one of the biggest tragedies of OWB & DM that so much stuff like this is trapped in such a godforsaken hellscape like the Sierra Madre or Big MT.

I wanted to have a highly developed sci fi world before the apocalypse. I was toying around with the idea that scientists discovered a new element from a crashed meteor and harness the element to realize a new scientific Industrial Age. The element would be able to be used as a power source for cars and other machines, and could be harnessed to create crazy sci fi weapons like giant robots, space fighter jets, teleportation guns, anti gravity grenades, etc. the element could also be used for scientific and military testing, and the whole war would be fought with this element. In reality the element is actually extremely dangerous and bad side effects that don’t appear until years after exposure, so by the time the element has been harnessed all across the world, the side effects would begin to take hold (mutations, brain rotting, etc) and would basically fuck the world over. I was going to make this element the cause of mutations in my world instead of muh radiation. Also I was going to avoid the whole nuclear apocalypse setting and have the war be fought with crazy sci fi weaponry powered by the element. Does this sound different enough from Fallout?

Sounds good. Have you named the element yet because I have an idea, what do you think about 'uranium'.

fucking savage

Rip Threads off instead.

Attached: 1405433712744.jpg (1280x720, 401.7K)

First of all, drop the whole nuclear war angle and have something else be the cause of the apocalypse.

Read you blind nigger.

Fallout didn't invent post apocalyptic settings you know, just do whatever you want to do. Just keep in mind that you're probably gonna poop out a project that's gonna be better than anything bethesda could ever come up with and I mean that sincerely. Make sure to add cool energy weapons that are strong as fuck.

Since when does uranium power giant robots and teleportation devices? Or space jets? Or cloning devices?

What do you guys think of this?

Don't involve retro sci-fi bullshittery and don't have it take place 30+ years after the apocalypse. And let me have sex with my followers.

since Fallout probably

Don't let your dreams be dreams, though. A lot of what makes Fallout is aesthetic. Just pick a different aesthetic.

by not ripping off fallout.

I dunno, ask Bethesda I guess. If they explain how that shit works in the games I wasn't paying attention.

Fallout dosent have anything like what I mentioned though. And uranium is a retarded plot device that literally makes no sense in the real world. At least my idea is a little more believable. I want my world to be a lot more “sci fi” in nature, and I plan on avoiding the retro futuristic and nuclear radiation shit

Attached: 8BD76F96-82E9-4288-A64D-FBDD5C040A67.jpg (1280x720, 125.04K)

>At least my idea is a little more believable.
>a completely new element with magical properties
This is also a plot of Singularity, btw.

Go more Mad Max than fallout. What's going to set you apart is your factions, their ideals, and their aesthetic. World wise post apocalyptic can still be a fantasy escape. Focus on the fantastic part. That doesn't mean bright and colorful it means creative and innovative. Setting will be another big one think hard about what caused the end. You don't want to just go well WW3 happened and now everything is nuclear thats boring. Robots uprising? Boring. Personally I would make it so that it is the governments fault in some way where they tried to "better" the world and in their greed blinded oversight actually brought about the end. Think about our current political climate. Climate change and trying to control it? An all out civil war that leads to a societal collapse? A NWO that fails at making the world deus ex like and causes a massive collapse? Another important thing is weapons and tech. A good RPG with weighty choices in a world that you feel like you born into is better than just waking up as some person one day.

>Fallout dosent have anything like what I mentioned though.
Fallout has all those things now, actually. Because Bethesda.