5 years ago botw was a worlwide phenomenon

>5 years ago botw was a worlwide phenomenon
>spawned a ridiculous amount of copycats and "homage" games
>now elden ring (which also takes a couple element of botw) is released and is also a worlwide phonomenon
So are we getting a few years of soulsbornering games trying to copy the formula? I know theres been a shitload of shitty smalltime games that tried to copy dark souls/bloodborne but elden ring is surely gonna bring this to the next level like breath of the wild with the open world meme right?

Attached: 5f4.jpg (720x585, 52.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L_A_WSljKbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Elden Ring has a lot of shit in it which remind me of Dragon's Dogma, the Evergaols being reminiscent of the Everfall for one.

if we get 5 years of nothing but open world soulslike shit i'm quitting gaming and getting a fucking job
or just start watching anime again

>5 years of nothing but open world soulslike
well this game has sold like 12 million units in like two weeks, dont know how that fares against pokemon and zelda but that sure is making other devs turn their heads to the open world meme and the souls like meme

Shitty copycats would be shitty copycats of something else if it wasn't this game. Don't care, won't play. Looking forward to Armored Core.

Has it really been 5 years? Fuck my life.

Attached: 7448_stressedSmoking.png (200x203, 45.09K)

such as?
>>now elden ring (which also takes a couple element of botw)
such as?

>such as?
this nigga has dozens of videos of souls "homages" you find on steam
youtube.com/watch?v=L_A_WSljKbM

It's incredible to watch a fanbase fucking collapse in real-time as hordes of casuals are pouring into the Souls franchise and all the original Soulsfags are being drowned out by cries about "muh difficulty", "look I played a Souls game am I hardcore yet" and "uh sweeties don't forget to have fun don't let those meanies tell you you are taking the easy route by using the most broken weapons"
Never played a Souls game but I feel bad for them

Attached: 638029.png (126x138, 40.02K)

Name 5.
All I can think of are Genshin and Fenyx Rising.

What exactly did botw invent that ER copied?
Afaik there are no stupid puzzle that require a special controller to tilt and spin to get a ball in a hole, what was so unique about it then?

i hope the cope drives them back to the goat, demon souls.

i don't feel bad for any of the nigger faggots who started with dark souls 1 or later

picking up random trash in the world for crafting

oh shit wait a minute......

Attached: file.png (300x426, 134.51K)

i dont think they copied shit from botw but fromsoft clearly took notes on that game like the tutorial structure. map charting and exploration incentives. the later being the only true thing the zelda devs may have "invented" they explain it in some book but is the thing where every landmark is positioned in a way that two or more new landmarks bring the attention of the player and make him want to keep exploring or some shit.

He was asking for BoTW clones, mouth breather. The only one i can think of is that Ubisoft game about Greek gods. And as far as I know it doesn't copy the nonlinearity, only movement and exploration.

What? Those have nothing in common except for the word ‘ever’ in their names

>will something successful be copied
Of course. and we're going to see a LOT of shit. But just like BotW revolutionizing open world gave us Elden Ring. Elden Ring retooling open world to fit it's already revolutionary sub genre will eventually result in something good.

On another note, why in the ever loving fuck does every medium handle genre revolutions better than games? Ever since spider-verse showed the bog standard disney approach to CGi movies only gets you crushed by Disney and all the other bog standard CGi that hasn't changed since Tangled, you start seeing companies willing to put resources into different CGi animation techniques.

The new Puss in Boots Movie looks amazing compared to the first one. Meanwhile most BotW inspired games are shit.

Attached: dancing-spiderman.gif (498x249, 3.18M)

>BotW revolutionizing open world gave us Elden Ring

Attached: 1647238980053.jpg (570x587, 43.5K)

I am pretty sure Ubisoft will at least make an attempt to incorporate soul-like or a casualized version within their open world formula.

So where's Patches this time?

in a cave near the beginning of the game

demons souls copy-pasted the under-the-well and shadow temple of ocarina of time you fucking slavic nonce

>botw was a worlwide phenomenon
do tendies really believe this shit lmao

>>now elden ring (which also takes a couple element of botw)
I've seen nothing in ER that looks like it was borrowed or inspired by BotW
there was, however, one mechanic that is blatantly ripped from the 3D Mario games

wut