Japanese games are…LE BAD

>Japanese games are…LE BAD
was he right?

Attached: 422A37A0-DDC4-4756-8737-73B648CF8BA0.jpg (570x321, 40.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ic1YLkpl1Do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, he is

Yes.

No, you aren't.

He made the exception for Demon's Souls
He was right, only Elden Ring is selling gangbusters

>quoting bender is... le bad
I never got why people got so upset over him using that quote, obviously wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Oversensitive people.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic1YLkpl1Do

Make your own opinion, have you played bf 2042, cod:vanguard or psychonauts 2 recently?

Yes

Phil made those comments in 2012. Name 5 great Japanese games that released between 2007 and 2012.

Attached: 1625075101142.jpg (1587x2245, 336K)

>elden ring mogs westerners so hard that phil “so long and thanks for all the” fish starts showing up on this board again

>entertaining the opinion of someone who managed to get fired from ubisoft
No. Even when Japanese games are bad Phil isn't right.

Fuck no, he lifted everything worth caring about FEZ from nip games, and after making an ass of himself for several years dicked over the few people that even cared about what he was doing by faking getting hacked during gamergate "canceling Fez 2" and fleeing the country after committing tax fraud and what he was doing ostensibly being framing people for committing a crime.
Granted I hate taxes and the government can suck a fat cock but Phil fish is such a retarded fucking money pit ass hole I almost think they're justified.

>never heard the full quote
He said From Software was the only good Japanese company

Dragons Dogma, Blazblue, Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Devil May Cry 4

He was right when he said it, which was before BotW, the mainstreaming of Dark Souls, and MGSV. Japanese games have gotten way less hand-holdy since then

the japanese industry had a definite lull in the early 10's, companies like Crapcom didn't have a redemption arc until a few years later.

He could try to prove it by releasing a new game, but I don't think he has any friends left to steal from.

Yeah. I believe he was talking about stuff like Skyward Sword too, and it handholding you too much

I forgot that guy with his unoriginal indie game with its unoriginal art style even existed.

Remember when people were just opening saying how much they hate japs and jap designs? Only now are we seeing it pop up again with western devs holding back on going full jap hate again because of elden ring.

Mario Galaxy, MGS4, Persona 4, Dark Souls, Bayonetta, Xenoblade Chronicles, Kid Icarus Uprising

kino list