I'm trash at fighting games. I'll never be even halfway decent at them

I'm trash at fighting games. I'll never be even halfway decent at them.
I can't play footsies
I can't deal with setplay
I can't deal with pressure
If I try to mash out I get counterhit
If I try to block I get grabbed
If I try to jump out and attack I get anti-aired
If I try to jump out and not throw out a move I'm blocking again
All my hits feel like luck
I can't hit confirm anything
I can't do combos
I can't do pressure
Anytime I win it's because I either use a gimmick once before they adapt to it, or because my opponent is also bad and is not punishing my mistakes
I keep making the same mistakes, I can't learn from them or break bad habits.

Every time I play fighting games I wind up just wishing I were dead.

Attached: 903E31EA-A72A-434D-B6AF-02FE6B6B2B8E.jpg (5126x3716, 510.34K)

why do you play fighting games then?

>why do you play fighting games then?

Attached: 1646919248753.gif (251x338, 1.21M)

I'm not sure anymore. I guess I should just not play pvp, it's the same with any other game.

>playing fighting "games"
Well there's your problem lmao

What do you play? And how many hours?

read your list and realize you're no longer playing a game. Dude, if all of this shit is weighing on you play something enjoyable. From what you just typed I'd think you're some eSports hopeful. Stop treating gaming like a job and start enjoying yourself. It's entertainment.

Attached: hours.png (216x254, 101.58K)

Is that your first and only fighting game?

all my sympathy for you is gone weebfag. fuck off.

I don't care about eSports but what's the point in playing a competitive game if you aren't at the top level? What's the point in doing ANYTHING if you're not at the top level?
No, I have a couple hundred hours more across a few other fighting games.

Actually that's not it. I play because of the dim hope that I might get good enough to start having fun.

pathetic capitalist shit.

capitalist? I don't get it.

HURRR DURR BE DA BESS HCAN T HAB FUN PLAYIG

Are you like 8

you have fun losing?

>What's the point in doing ANYTHING if you're not at the top level?
bro you have issues deeper than fighting games. good luck if you keep at the grind though its hard to see how much better you are than what you used to be especially in lower pop boomer games where its the same 100 people who are already godlike at the game but I can promise you now you will never reach the place you want to be because its impossible to be.

Attached: 1626407046432.jpg (960x784, 28.3K)

Mate... there's like a 100 people on that game.
Those left are only the biggest the top level who do not want to let that game go, old fighting games ( especially anime ) are like that, once a new entry come out only the best/most autistic stay behind, even in mainstream games like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat even at low level the rise dramatically a few year after the launch.
Of course you're not going to be good at an old anime game with 230 hours, you wouldn't be "good" compared to most guy who play that shit even with a thousand hour.

This isn't a healthy philosophy, you're picturing yourself as a future EVO champion as someone who HAVE to be good, who have to reach a certain level, instead of just enjoying the moment and the process of learning ( or not ).

>what's the point in playing a competitive game if you aren't at the top level? What's the point in doing ANYTHING if you're not at the top level?
to have fun? to improve yourself?

It's a fucking GAME, you retards. see

>bro you have issues deeper than fighting games.
>you will never reach the place you want to be because its impossible to be.
I don't get it.

Newer games just aren't as fun. I don't picture myself as an EVO champion but I don't like being trash and it's like I don't have the talent for PVP games or something.

getting shit on isn't fun and my improvement is slower than others', it seems like.