So where is george R. R. Martin's influence? This seems like pretty by the book souls lore as far as ive seen

So where is george R. R. Martin's influence? This seems like pretty by the book souls lore as far as ive seen.

Attached: capsule_616x353 (1).jpg (616x353, 59.71K)

If you were a real R.R. Marin fan you'd already know

the game has no lore, that's how you can tell it was written by Gurm

THE

You can tell because every character's name starts with G, R, or M.

A woman gets called a whore.

>Godrick
>Radahn
>Radagon
>Marika
>GRRM
Bravo, Martin

Attached: 1647202717137.jpg (841x1140, 687.84K)

It has a lot of GRRM lore, that's why It sold so well compared to souls, normies have education for the most part and know when there is good writing and the nuance of wordplay, neets basically got their education from WoW so obviously they don't know the difference between Beowulf, Dark Souls, The Bible or Elden Ring

Literally all of the family drama, lover drama between Renella/Radagon/Marika, incest, Mohg pedoshit, rape, necrophilia etc. smells GRRM. Also the entirety of Fia's questline is something I'd probably read from his novels

I honestly think there's a better sense of cohesion to the lore. Not sure if that's GRRMs influence or not, but previous souls games have always felt a bit too vague. here you can actually get a pretty good sense of what's gone on. A lot of it is still left to your imagination but the gaps aren't as large.

The obsession w/ genealogy and past events like the Night of Black Knives has GRRM written all over it, and I haven’t even read his shit.

>Miquella getting piped by a Mohg
>Fia cuck arc
>The rape dungeon

It's there if you look for it

dung eater

LOATHSOME

/thread

>Sunset found him squatting in the grass, eating. Every stool was looser than the one before, and tasted fouler. By the time the moon came up he was drinking brown water

JUST FINISH YOUR FUCKING SERIES ALREADY I'VE BEEN READING IT SINCE THE 90s YOU FAT FUCK I NEED FUCKING CLOSURE

Are there any finished epic fantasy stories worth reading

THE AWFUL SHIT CONSUMER

THE LOATHSOME DUNG EATER

THE HORRID FECAL DEVOURER

>Genealogy
Kojimbo+Miyazaki when

DUNG

It's there.

Attached: 1645750551627.png (411x395, 132.23K)

Lord of the Rings

I heard that GRRM was responsible for the lore and then Miyazaki twisted, warped and subserverted to resemble the classic From Dark Souls style. That is to say what Miyazaki did to his lore probably isnt what GRRM expected lul

You can see his influence in the factions but they're portrayed so poorly in game most people probably don't even realize it as none of them have any distinctiveness despite throwing different bomb types kek.

THE AVERAGE NINTENDO CONSUMER

The lore is GRRM as fuck. The names, the messed up family tree, the shit eating, the betrayals and family squabbles. I wouldn't be surprised if the NPCs slowly and randomly dying off as the game goes on was also GRRM's idea.

Prince of Nothing and Aspect Emperor by Scott Bakker

Probably the retarded naming scheme

The Lyonesse trilogy

>I wouldn't be surprised if the NPCs slowly and randomly dying off as the game goes on was also GRRM's idea.
Nah Fromsoft kills every NPC you help, they think it's deep or something

This. Dark souls games were heavily inspired by Western Esotericism and had many metaphysical elements. ER's core narrative seems like a familial fantasy opera closer to what you see in grrm books.

Nihilists have the same kind of ideas, they try to get every person to feel the same as themselves