Dark Souls becomes popular

>Dark Souls becomes popular
>They make a new one with the creator of the most normie show ever, Game of Thrones
>Now your favorite franchise has gay tier american tolkien writer
>Now your favorite franchise is open world because normies like that right?
>what else do normies love that is in every single open world game (including the latest metal gear for some reason even though it's a stealth game...), FUCKING CRAFTING
>What else can we to do make it reddit love it more? ADD HORSES, the freaking horserinos!
>What? Male or Female? Nah, it's body type a or b, genders are not real

I fucking hate open world games so much bros.
The level design of Elden Ring is TERRIBLE. Does it get better? Or do you always need to traverse gigantic prairies collecting flowers like a faggot?

Attached: aGhopp3MHppi7kooGE2Dtt8C[1].jpg (2880x2160, 935.46K)

Dark Souls 4 is still coming

all of the above is objectively true. i agree, OP.

ER = DS4.
miyazaki said souls is permanently done for

I loved DS1 and liked 3 but fuck me I hope that doesn't happen, let it die already

Noooo, I need it, small corridors -- jizz-~~

i enjoyed it. im sorry you have some mental block that stops you from enjoying exploring the world.

GMMR has a fraction of a speck of influence on ER, he probably made the royalty family tree, maybe worked on weeping peninsula, and then fucked off. Open worlds are fun, crafting is pointless just like items were in other souls games anyway, and the horse adds a nice new variable to combat because fighting giant mobile enemies is fucking annoying. The A/B shit is retarded but ER is great game. Shazam trannies should be held by their feet over a fire for their clearly mentally ill tendencies

>Dark Souls becomes popular
Which Dark Souls? 3? Is that when you started playing?
>Bitching about fatman writing
>Despite the fact the writing is the same as its been since demons souls
Open world, despite being a shitty vidya format, isn't a horrible idea to take these games if you look back at what made demons and dark souls good
The crafting is entirely ignorable and I'm not sure why it's in game, and you'd genuinely be brain dead if you think a game of this size could exist without some form of faster travel. If you actually wanted to make a point instead of being a faggot you might have brought up how fast travel invalidates the world or something, but you don't want to bring up a point, you want to be, or are incapable of not being, a fucking faggot.

>Open world, isn't a horrible idea to take these games if you look back at what made demons and dark souls good

dark souls was infested with normalniggers ever since ds3. anyone who disagrees is a normalnigger ds3 player.

>crafting is pointless just like items were in other souls games anyway
Fuckin retard
Crafting is how you get antidotes and arrows here
Not to mention damage buffs, resins/grease, elemental bombs, and so on
I'm crafting shit all the time

>everyone feared the shift to open world was to appeal to the mainstream market and would lead to casualization
>turns out the open world is the best part by opening up the non linearity to the extreme and a greater filter than even the toughest of bosses by truly embracing the spirit of Zelda 1 and making exploration even more essential than with the Metroidvania structure
>the 'see that mountain? you can climb it' meme delivered perfectly with incredible vistas and the best art style/atmosphere in the entire industry, this quadruples the feeling of adventure, mystery and discovery like nothing else, because it's really about 'how do I get there' and 'I traveled long and hard all this way to finally get there, now I can look back on my progress', how can you go back to pretending that Anor Londo achieved this when it was just a couple of runways with an epic but non interactive backdrop?
>all the brainlets who got filtered by bosses because they failed to sufficiently explore, treating the game as a boss rush instead of a long archetypal adventure journey
>all the retards who think they've completed the game because they ticked the achievement checklists but missed out on all the lore and secrets
>all the trannies screeching that the open world is just filler copy and paste in between the dungeons when every single point of interest contains some unique environmental storytelling and lore details, when the open world progression requires situational terrain traversal and the map is rich in multi layered/vertical navigation with branching paths all over the place
>all the screeching about the catacombs recycling when if you were to addition them all together they would just be a regular sized 2 hours dungeon, they just happen to be broken up in small 10 minutes slices for pacing reasons
>even a good chunk of Any Forums got overwhelmed by how big and non linear it is and missed all the cool ash lake tier secrets because they get lost when not in a corridor

>play game for literally 5 minutes
>WTF GAME IS SHIT
Kill yourself.

you didn't beat the game if you didn't explore all the golden rune [1] in the world

>the horse adds a nice new variable to combat because fighting giant mobile enemies is fucking annoying
the only boss I've fought on horseback was the dragon by the lake, not having iframes is fucking suffering

your game is garbage and you are a retard

Honestly this is demons souls levels of 'I can start my build within 2 hours of the game' levels of freedom and I'm very glad it happened. I knew it'd open stuff up, but I didn't realize just how much the world was open if you know where to go until my second proper save

>a fight without iframes
truly a groundbreaking experience for the average from game

well, what the fuck are you supposed to do when most boss have moves where they just spaz out for a minute dealing damage in every direction.

Correct
>he didn't encounter all the nocturnal bosses
>he didn't loot all the caravans
>he didn't warp to the Caelid cave, to the beast man sanctuary, to the capital, to the belfries locations
>he didn't fully explore the underground map
>he didn't get both halves of the medallion AND go through the coward's cavern
>he didn't find the OTHER medallion
>he didn't join the Volcano Manor, find the hidden passage and completed all the contracts
>he didn't complete all the catacombs, caves and mines including their secret bosses
>he didn't find the path to Liurna BEFORE Stormveil
>he didn't purposefully wander into later areas so he'd struggle more
>he didn't do the towers to activate his great runes
>he didn't fight every single enemy in his way
>he didn't find the Stormveil crypt
>he didn't fight the crucible knight at the bottom of Stormveil
>he didn't complete all the NPC questlines
>he didn't fight the NPCs at the roundtable hold
>he didn't purchase every weapons, armors, ashes and spells from merchants
>he didn't regularly fuck around with different spells, armor sets and weapons even without upgrade just for fun and variety instead of being a min maxer
>he summoned or used magic during boss fights instead of only when having fun with low tier mobs
>he didn't help other players
>he fast traveled and double jumped everywhere
>he didn't gather all the bell bearings
>he didn't encounter all the bell bearings hunters
>he didn't know about the iron maiden secret
>he didn't duplicate his remembrances at every mausoleum
>he didn't even find the dragon communion
>he didn't find all the spooky villages
>he didn't complete all the evergaols
>he didn't unlock all the imp statues without running out of keys
>he didn't solve all the sorcerer rise riddles
>he didn't find all the golden seeds, map fragments, paintings
>he used a guide
>he read messages
>he didn't read all the item descriptions and become a lore master
You did not beat the game

Attached: 1647406027242.jpg (900x512, 223.23K)

Commendable pasta, user, but might I suggest adding
>he didn't find the talking tree in limgrave

>flowers bad
What are you, fucking gay?

>t.

Attached: basil.jpg (700x440, 65.31K)

A lot of the mini-dungeons are pretty good. Despite the asset recycling, they still feel handcrafted, often with interesting layouts. Definitely an improvement over chalice dungeons. And they finally do what I've been wanting from Zelda dungeons (since LttP's Skull Woods) for a long time, which is to integrate with and take advantage of the overworld.
Their biggest issue is the mini-bosses. There's a lot of filler, and they tend to be either trivial or bullshit, though there's still some good fights here and there.