Who the fuck is Melina exactly? Even reading every single item description, there’s no clear lead

Who the fuck is Melina exactly? Even reading every single item description, there’s no clear lead.

Attached: C5826903-32B8-4380-8A94-AC5AEB7BF16D.jpg (888x1200, 98.8K)

Queen Marika's daughter and Ranni's fucktoy.

she's perfect

Attached: 1647277348120.jpg (1280x720, 89.27K)

Why hasnt she shown up since the first time she took me to the round table hold? I'm like level 60 with 40 hours played and shes just fucking gone. Did I fuck it up by starting Ranni's questline?

Shes just a shoehorned character for coomers.

>namefag
I would tell you but no

cut content. keep an eye out for "Talk to Melina" at the grace of site menus. Sometimes its there depending on where you are.

Left it on by accident. I'm only curious because she was prominent in the advertising so I assumed she would have been a central character like the firekeeper in DS3.

Because you have to sit at specific bonfires and select the talk option that appears. Oh whats that? You're not a shitter who needs to sit and refill flasks every five seconds? Then get fucked and enjoy her fucking leaving the first time you rest in the capital having only spoken to her once

they pushed this nobody in the trailers making people think she's important kek

Thats kind of lame... The bonfire menu is so cluttered anyways im not surprised I havent noticed that option by now.

Attached: ab32660b600234279282398d433193ab.jpg (639x1051, 390.32K)

She comes from zanzibar the land of forgotten loss

She's an aspect of Marika guiding you to herself so you can beat Radagon

She is a lesbian

We don't know. They don't give you enough information but she seems somehow involved with everything.
>she fights like a Black Knife
>she looks like Ranni and has a closed eye like her
>she knows about the Frenzied Flame and desperately tries to warn you away from it
>she knows where the rune of death is
>can read Marika's lingering thoughts at churches and claims to be her daughter
>red hair, so she should be a child of Radagon
>she's connected to Vargram somehow and the set implies he was seeking to become the shadow to an Empyrean

the third marika/radagon kid

She's cosmic spillover, Ranni cleaved her soul into the doll so she could be free of the Greater Will, some parts didn't get transferred and were reborn by the Erdtree with no memory and only an impulse to fix the Elden Ring as a pure Greater Will influence/emissary

Yeah it appears right at the very bottom so you have to sit at specific bonfires and then not just mash through to level up or whatever you're doing and notice the extra option at the very bottom

you fucked it up by not paying attention at graces

they could have highlighted it a little better among the 30 different options

most churches and "new area bonfires" will have a talk to melina option

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't care, picked Frenzy ending.

Fuck Melina.

Even then, she doesn't ever say anything about herself. She just gives some background on Marika and the churches, as far as I've seen.

She should've fucking showed up at every church like she did after Morgott

Creation of Marika meant to act as guide for tarnished in Slaying the Elden Beast.

Everything makes a lot more sense when you understand that at some point Marika began plotting against the Golden Order(not the power but the cosmic will) and the higher powers that made it.
Its why Godfrey was sent away along with the Tarnished so a group of warriors could grow strong outside of the direct influence of the Fingers.
Its why she shattered the Elden Ring and Radagon, her male aspect tried to fix it out of self preservation.
Its why Hewg was tasked to make a weapon that could slay a god.
Its why the fingers lock up when thorns cover the Erdtree they want the golden order to be fixed but that someone (Radagon or more likely the Elden Beast itself) doesn't want anybody getting in.
Its why Melina was created to serve as Marika's will, born with a love of the world and a belief in new life but with no context outside of her duty keeping her pure in intention barring a handful of memories of Marikas past actions.
Its why she is willing to support a worthy Tarnished and eventually burn so that they could Slay the Elden Beast and take control over the world.

We never get to meet Marika properly but Melina is meant to be her avatar for the player to interact with.

Or I could just be waxing poetic about stuff I barely understand but its enjoyable to think about stuff like this.

Also i don't mean an actual Avatar I meant it in more of an ideological sense.

You're right, and I think the confusion people have about the plot is that they think there has to be some kind of subversion in regards to Marika. They hear the game saying good things about any divine entity and their mind instantly switches and assume that the entity HAS to be evil and secretly plotting something. So when everything points to Marika actually being on your side, they get confused and can't piece anything together.