This game and its hype has done irreversible damage to fromsoft, souls community, soulslikes...

This game and its hype has done irreversible damage to fromsoft, souls community, soulslikes, and probably gaming in general too.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

>probably gaming in general too
ubiclones are now gonna use less markers and less minimaps. that's the effect of elden turd on the industry.

Attached: elden ring crying.png (778x950, 624.52K)

Good, the modern gaming industry needs a crash.

>muh journo scores
fromdrones have a weird parasitic relationship with journos, they love cherrypicking their "please add ezmode" articles to fuel the victim complex of fromrecycleware being under siege by the journo industry while simultaneously fellating the scores they gave for Sekiro and Elden Shit.

Care to elaborate?

>ubiclones are now gonna use less markers and less minimaps.
...and still be the same boring, empty, padded, copy-pasted slop. map markers are just a surface-level issue in an irredeemably flawed genre.

>done irreversible damage to fromsoft, souls community, soulslikes, and probably gaming in general too.
Sorry but that already happened in 2012 when Dark Souls was released for the PC.

The score would be even higher if it weren't for the fact that some journalists think games should always let them continue playing even if they can't beat it. Like how a movie lets you continue watching even if you don't understand it.

SHAZAM TRANNIES ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: 578d81332cdea84b1a854ec1042233b6fe547acf169b1c90db67d7c749164b3b.jpg (400x400, 20.9K)

>game is hyped
>game is good
>Any Forumsirgin contrarian: DOES NOT COMPUTE

that's what I said. Elden Turd is a boring, empty, padded copy-paste open world slop. It just doesn't have a minimap, quest log and markers everywhere (but it still has its own versions of points of interest and other open world ubiclone design cues).
ER's success "lessons learned" to the rest of the open world industry is let the player find the padded copypasted content on their own without holding their hand and sticking a checklist in their face to do it.

I feel the same way OP. I don't know how I can play anything else anymore. Nothing else offers me the freedom, the build diversity, the weapon variety. I don't think I'm ever going to turn on dragon's dogma again. I don't think I'm ever going to turn on dark souls 1-3 for years and years. I'm going to be comparing the amount of content I get in everything to Elden Ring from now on. To think I was having fun with Pokemon legends areceus just weeks before elden ring came out, pokemon Arceus isn't fit to lick Elden Rings fucking boots. I'm actually tired of playing it right now because I'm stuck somewhere so I'm just laying in bed shit posting because I can't really muster up any will to play any game that isn't ER either, so I'll just play nothing.

This, I feel this is THE game to play from fromsoft, its also the most popular with the higher player count, so obviously people know what is truly good and that's why they are playing it

Cope.

>says ubigames are garbage
>game makes changes in the right direction
>still complains
I expect nothing less from Any Forums

It invalidates every elder scrolls game, honestly even with mods. It invalidates all previous souls games, it invalidates dragons dogma and breath of the wild, it just feels like the first actual legit step up in gaming I've seen for a very long time. I don't know why I would ever play any of those things instead of ER and it sucks because I know every game that comes out, even ones I enjoy, will not have close to a comparable amount of content. I haven't bought any DLC and I'm 80 hours in and I think I've only seen 60%ish of the game.

it's not a change in the right direction. it's just a superficial way to sweep the padding under the rug.
a real change in the right direction would be to go back to making actual games with only meaningful content again.

This, there is no reason to play legacy games, its such a huge increasing amount of awesomeness its impressive, you haven't beaten videogames until you beat Elden Ring three times and then explored every inch out of it

you zoomers say a variation of this same bullshit every time an open-world "game" comes out and it's the same shit every time. the open-world era has been a step down in gaming.

shazamtrannies are on their last legs
mass rope incoming

Still trying, huh tranny

I'm 28. Elden Ring is just that good.

The fact that Miyazaki refuses to compromise with journalists but still receives high praise is just proof of how much better Miyazaki knows game design over journalists.

Can't damage what's already dying.

You faggots should post proof that you own the game before typing up your incoherent blogposts

It's blatantly obvious who's making these threads

Game has a bad story, bad bosses and nonexistent balance. It's an 8.5 and a huge disappointment

History has shown that the best games give birth to the worst trends.
I don't know what the trend following Elden Ring will be though. Western devs fucking hate the game and souls clones were never popular.

Attached: Resi4-gc-cover.jpg (265x375, 25.11K)

>This game and its hype has done irreversible damage to fromsoft, souls community, soulslikes, and probably gaming in general too
so all of the communities that were already cancer and aids to begin with? good

Ask a casual, who has never completed a from soft game before, and who just now got 1000GS on Elden Ring, anything.

Attached: 0DDEA570-A799-4C50-A8F1-39BA1CFCDFEE.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

elden ring exposed the posers who refuse to adapt and instead want a familiar game devoid of challenge. sekiro did that 3 years ago as well. i hope fromsoft keeps dabbing on this tumor on their playerbase.

change is good when it's done in the right direction. if you think ER is a good change, then you should honestly kill yourself.

translation: change is good as long as i can keep roll r1ing around bosses

so nothing changed with elden ring? got it

it came out 3 weeks ago

I dont get the whole Radagon is Marika shit, isnt this just tranny propaganda

You didn't play the game

This game and its hype has done irreversible damage to looneytroons, pedo community, manlikes, and probably trannies in general too.

Attached: looneytroon soy.jpg (193x250, 7.42K)

except in the case of re4 the developers themselves made trash games
miyazaki is still going strong

If you did anything other than O-R1, then you didn't really beat the game

It's crazy how much a game series like this has benefited from a simple messaging system that basically allows the devs be as sneaky as they want and place hidden secrets all around while having faith in the players to figure it out amongst themselves.
No single person is expected to know all these secrets, but a collection of 12 million players working together will. These games always had that magic feeling of conquering a dangerous world together.

sounds like you think it's a 3/10

>BB2 never ever

don't care