When did you stop playing and why?

Attached: ygyzz5l63j981.png (630x252, 308.16K)

I never started playing, because there are better games to play

when a girl became officer in my guild

I stopped cause I realized the game was pay to win.

I stopped when I made the mistake of inviting an ex gf to play it
what a mistake

I quit at the end of castle nathria because the game was awful in every aspect, gameplay, lore, design, rewards, it was actively unfun to play going completely 180 and my guild died again.
It's been pay2win for so long but I never realized how much dogshit casuals were using pay2win shit in the game because I was high level mythic raiding. When I think about it we used to sell boss kills to shitters back in Legion for a ton of gold and it was really easy gold.

I was a 14 year old boy surrounded by adults whose childish antics made even me embarrassed. This was TBC.

>When did you stop playing
Three months ago

>and why?
Some corrupted file prevents me from updating the game and for some reason I don't have the permission to delete the folder/file, so I can't update and thus can't launch the game anymore

right before shewewends
just closed the game, didn't feel like playing it

Legion, after WoD put me on 'you've got one chance to make good for this' mode their abhorrent class design choices and the joke that was borrowed power and its constant scaling, combined with the smug self-assuredness by their class team that made them bilk on feedback over basic quality of life for over half the expansion's lifespan made me swear to never pay Blizzard another cent.

a couple months into cata because i played it too much. i played classic for 3months and i quit because the only person i was playing with quit

i stopped playing seriously during the SoO burnout, about a month after our heroic garrosh kill. i did the first month of the xpac thing for wod, legion and bfa. legion i actually came back for towards the end for a couple months. haven't touched it since opening month of BFA as i didn't want to be charged for one grand scheme

Stopped trying to raid at a decent level before Legion.

Stopped playing entirely in BFA, came back for a few weeks in this most recent expansion, and quit again, probably never to return.

To be more specific, I quit the game when I realized the game was being designed around pay 2 win. The whole system is a huge money sucking scheme. They have 1/10 the player base but make ten times as much money. As a person who plays on a casual level and doesn't want to pay others to play the game for me, I am the most ignored of all the players.

I stopped raiding seriously in WoD because Highmaul was pretty boring after a few months of no content.
Got into an argument with my last in game friend during the Legion pre-launch and had been mostly guildless/friendless since.
Luckily Legion had some nice solo content so I was content with powering up through WQs and casual normal raids.
In BFA stopped raiding entirely and even quit for a while. Came back for the final patch, once again soloed my way as far as I could.\
Played SL beta was not very impressed with it but already purchased so I stuck around.
Complete burnout when SL launched, I could barely stomach the intro part and quit before
I haven't subbed since only played free trial characters up to 20 since I had access to all my heirloom gear anyway and some twinked out level 20 alts from old expacs.
Now I've uninstalled everything including the Blizzard Launcher and don't plan on ever returning unless Microsoft can fix things or Blizz stops with the timegating and borrowed power.

After Legion. Basically, pic related. I was an unironic roleplayer that raided casually I left after it became clear these retards had kicked out people Chris Metzen in favour of normiecore twitter activists that have never played a TTRPG in their lives.

Attached: Oo4brlo[1].png (1488x3488, 2.3M)

Sometime around pandaria. Last time the game still had some SOVL
>inb4 legion
I did play it for like a month because some friends pressured me to do so. Absolutely awful game. Green shit everywhere. Souless cinematics and Disney tier character arcs. I heard PvE was decent but honestly I don't care when everything else is piss poor. Yes, I do like some immersion and non retarded lore if possible.
I also got to level a character with my ex. I miss her bros... 7 years. She literally left and took my libido with her. Has been 2 years and I still think about her everyday

I played vanilla and TBC when they came out, was about 11 or 12 years old at the time. "Stopped" because I got bored after hitting lvl 70.
Returned when WOTLK came out, "stopped" after getting to lvl 74 because I got bored with it.
Returned when cata came out, had the most fun I ever had in all of my stints since I was in a guild with good people and was main tank for raids. "Stopped" because I was graduating and needed to focus on other things.
Returned for Legion, had fun leveling but didn't bother raiding or joining a guild because I knew what the time commitment would be, so I "stopped".
Returned during 9.1 Shadowlands since I had the itch again. Got to max level and covenant, finished my Ahn Qiraj transmog, then "stopped" once I reached endgame knowing that there was nothing else to do.

During Legion, when they killed what made BM fun and had to switch do DPS, as well as real life catching up.

I don't know how you could seriously roleplay on retail, the game world doesn't accommodate any serious campaigning with zero means to alter it or establish a presence you're just sitting there waxing poetic over the constant respawns you have to OOC kill in one hit after spending 15 minutes emoting taking them down in-game, or PvE/PvPing with a bunch of macro yelling. I'd tell you to stick to dedicated RP servers but all the good ones have fallen to the wayside by now

Remember when they jumped out of their seats to hotfix a glitch that made Hati's essence swapper take on certain non-bestial appearances like a leper gnome or undead pirate if your pet was polymorphed into them by an effect

Remember when they literally never fixed the pet size scaling on Hati's bestial wrath so that if you rolled with two pets of the same family your OCD would get triggered every time you used your main DPS cooldown and one of them stayed tiny

I remember, fuck blizzard

wotlk cause they changed the game up so much

like half a year into classic, I realized wow endgame is and always will be dogshit

I played very sporadically from halfway through MoP to a little while into BfA. I enjoyed it at first, but fucking hell it got like a second job.
I realised I was paying to do chores, so I said bye-bye to the guild and quit. I've played up to lvl 20 a couple of times since just to scratch the itch, but it's not fun.

When the introduced raid finder was the beginning of the end. But the game was still salvageable if they wanted. Battle for Azeroth was the point of no return in my opinion. I still enjoyed pandaria in many ways. Cant say the same for anything after

Probably should have specified I meant Brewmaster and not Beast Mastery lol

Week 1 of shadowlands. I wasn't going to buy it but I fell for it again and it was the worst piece of shit I ever played. I should have quit during MOP as that was the last time I actually had fun with WoW.
I feel as if that shadowlands experience was an epiphany of sorts, I see how fucking stupid this game is now. Anyone left playing this time wasting simulator is severely autistic or is experiencing deep sunk cost fallacy. I'm never playing it again.

Stopped in Cata and dipped in and out after that.

Came back for Classic and the turbo autistic community was turning me off and I was balls deep in XIV at the time and preferred a brand new experience

Level 15.
I realised mashing 1 was the entirety of the game's "gameplay" content and everything else was going to specifically designed to waste my time.

Early cata, burnout and real life stuff. Tried to get back into it a number of times (each expansion) but playing at a satisfactory level requires too much of a time investment. Shadowlands, I got to max level and never logged on it again.
Came back for classic and it's nice to achieve stuff without it taking up my entire life.