Put all the best open world content in the first zone because they know 80% of players are casuals with full time jobs...

>Put all the best open world content in the first zone because they know 80% of players are casuals with full time jobs and families who won't have enough time to make it past the first zone anyways.
>Rest of game is just repetitive copy paste bullshit level design with no charm whatsoever.
Is this why open world games are generally bad?

Attached: download.jpg (284x177, 6.78K)

>breath of the wild avoided all that
wow it really is the best game ever made!

Gerudo and Zora areas are very obviously front loaded with more interesting content than the Goron and especially Ruto areas. Gerudos even get an extra dungeon.

Playing Elden ring solidified for me that botw was an empty wasteland walking Sim. And I only thing elden ring was a 7/10. Botw avoided all this by having no good content from the moment you begin the tutorial. If it wasn't for the Zelda name this game would have been discarded as a unfinished prototype.

No. They're bad for the same reason ER and BOTW and Ubishit is bad. Nothing but enemies in a pointless empty map. Only Godd Howard has solved Open World and makes REAL open world games with a real sense of immersion and RP-ability. No other Open World game comes close to TES/Fallout.

It's more just why fromsoft games are generally bad. It's always the same shit, start of game is great, then it falls off a cliff in quality. Difference is DS3 where it's just shit all the way through.

If you play the game with a guide and progress all the NPCs together it feels much better.

>recommends playing an open world adventure with a guide

the absolute state

>Put all the best open world content in the first zone because they know 80%
For the last time Limgrave had absolutely nothing special to it besides the cliche open world reveal moment EVERY game does now, unless you count Stormveil Castle which was the best open world Dungeon in the game. Limgrave was literally 1/4th swamp. Just because you blew your load when you saw four knights in a forest doesn't mean the rest of the game sucks, it means you were burnt out after playing 25+ hours in the first week.

I’m just making a point that it’s not empty. You just didn’t feel the empty spaces that require interaction.

>Goes into Draugr filled dungeon #495
Now THIS is gaming!

....yeah? what are you fucking stupid? you a big dumb dumb? i fucking hate zoomer larpers like you

stop talking like a nigger and browse your faggot guide

>Is this why open world games are generally bad?
Only botw is, all the other ones are great.

Only played up until Stormveil and promptly filtered by Caelid confirmed. Leyndell is a significant step up in terms of design for big castle levels and Liurna is where the dungeons start varying.

you're short

Nah OP suck my dick I can allow you shitting on mountaintop of the giants and haligtree lands but Liurnia, the Academy, half of Caelid, Leyndell and Volcano Manor were all amazing. Suck my fucking dick

You're completely nuts. The only area I'd say is a bit charmless is the run-up to the Fire Giant, every other area in the game feels unique/handcrafted and has cool stuff.

It has the most "content" right next to each other than any other region.

>Rp-ability
disgusting

Haligtree is based, all the enemies (except Malenia) might be reused but the level design is interesting and varied, and it's a good length. Definitely a cool area.

Town with invisible black knives is cool

Limgrave is definitely cool, but I wonder how much of that is the player beginning this exciting new quest and exploring everything fresh. I've just got to Altus Plateau and I do think this area is repetitive. "Oh look, more soldier camps and wolves..." But maybe if the game started in Altus we'd feel Limgrave is boring?

Liurna felt kind of boring. The mist is just annoying rather than atmospheric, which I guess is what they were going for. The lore was boring (there's a Hogwarts here that looks like reused BB assets, just because, okay?) and maybe might have worked better if the manor came before Raya Lucaria.

Caelid is different, but it's so ugly (I guess by design) that it's almost unappealing. I don't have much to say about Volcano Manor yet except it's just annoying.

the entire smithing system sucks. it discourages use of new weapons.

That's only because you don't get a horse till halfway through it and its tiny as fuck. I don't even know if it is denser than any other area, but I guess that'd be a valid point if every dungeon/camp/npc/mob wasn't a five second horseride apart for the rest of the game.

Limgrave definitely should've been smaller and better connected to Altus

In fact most of the areas could have a little less space

Limgrave is the most compact area. Other areas have a similar amount of content but spread farther apart

limgrave is the least interesting area in the game besides stormveil castle which is a great dungeon