Hey, Any Forums do you still play Dark Souls 1? I just reinstalled PTDE for the first time in many years

Hey, Any Forums do you still play Dark Souls 1? I just reinstalled PTDE for the first time in many years

Attached: Dark-Souls-Prepare-to-Die-Logo.jpg (1280x719, 113.17K)

Yes. Playing it is like slipping into a warm bath. Comfy.

i wish i could still buy this game instead of the shitty remaster

I played it just 2 months ago to hype up for Elden Ring. First time I did a magic build in any dark souls game.

I still play it and SOTN occasionally. Atmospheric masterpieces

Just pirate the steam version. Multiplayer still works since it's P2P.

Yeah it gets better and better like a fine wine

i've dumped like 500 hours into it. i usually drop it after the duke's archives these days. amazing game

Why would you play it? We have Elden Ring, souls games are legacy games not worth playing

>What I wish I could do
Keep playing Dark Souls 1 with my original character, collect all the items in the game through NG+ cycles, and have fun upgrading every item to max and trying out every spell and weapon.

>What I can't do
Any of that because NG+ is a joke.

Also I should add, I'm 100% going to replay DS1 after Elden Ring. It is objectively a better game.

I have the remaster because I don't think you can get PTDE from steam anymore (outside of third party keys). But whenever I do play some DS1, I play it with item and enemy randomizers for a more fresh experience. It's nice when there is finally a potential reason to need to go to Ashen Lake.
Anyone got any cool adventures they had when playing with item or enemy randomizers?

gonna get back to it one day to get 100% completion

Attached: DARKSOULS_2021_12_19_14_03_09_204.jpg (2560x1440, 904.86K)

I've had the urge to replay it, at least up to Anal Rodeo. Are the servers still active? Do people play at all?

Dark Souls is one of the few games I have memorized. I could draw the levels out on a piece of paper. The only other games I can do that with are Vanilla WoW, Half Life, and several N64 games like Ocarina, Majora SM64. It makes it so I don’t really enjoy it anymore.

I played through the remaster for the first time a few months ago. I've begun another playthrough and it's still as fun, maybe even moreso now that I know how to bully all the stuff that used to bully me.

the remastered DS1 is too fucking dark, i can barely see things idk why, but something about lighting is fucked up in thatgame

no

The "remastered" is fucked the game up in many ways.

the remaster is objectively better than prepare to die on PC, what the fuck are you smoking lol

The new lighting engine is inferior. Aesthetically they look like completely different games.