Why do people want this thing so badly? It’s just an oversized tablet with ugly controllers permanently attached to it

Why do people want this thing so badly? It’s just an oversized tablet with ugly controllers permanently attached to it
Why not get a gaming laptop or a Switch instead?

Attached: F94BCA4F-CC7A-4DCE-AC04-7BCDF1D059D6.jpg (1360x1360, 221.14K)

can play xcom on the counch :)

because it has full size controllers attached and you can do a lot more with a PC than you can a switch

next question

Dab on poorfags

>Why do people want this thing so badly?
I dunno. Who cares. I'm just gonna resell mine for 3x msrp once I get it.

It's for people who want a handheld but don't want to rebuy their Steam library or people who want to play games on a handheld that never got ported to Switch.
I wanted one mostly to play my indie games but when I saw the wait times and size I just bought a Switch Lite and rebought a bunch of my Indie games for like $10-15 a piece when they went on sale.
I'm still somewhat interested, if their ever is a Steam/Windows handheld that is smaller then the Deck and more reasonably priced then the Chinese ones.

Attached: SDvSL.jpg (1280x720, 105.57K)

1. portable ps2 without needing to pay big money for something that isnt as good as it (phones are not better so don't even fucking respond with that shit you faggots)
2.elden ring without the stutters
3.a cheap pc you can take anywhere that costs less than a gaming laptop (bringing the deck, a few micro sd cards and a wireless keyboard with a built in trackpad is miles ahead of bringing a laptop with a giant powerbrick and a controller and whatever other extra shit you'd need to comfortably game on a laptop)
4.buying a switch wont let you play some ps3 games and a large library of pc games
5.it's cool to play games on a system made for it even if the company that made it is evil and fucked over the artifact fanbase (i will play artifact on steam deck)
6.I'm gonna use the watt limiter at 10w to reach a dev goal for a game i'm working on. if I can hit 60fps at 10w on the steam deck then I think literally any toaster will be able to run my game and I won't have to do as much work cause it will be super well optimized.
7.gonna use it for music production
8.gonna use it to read manga with a controller
9.gonna use it to beat my wife over the head with it
10.gonna use it to play pokemon emerald for the hundreth time instead of playing any of the other games in my backlog
11.gonna use it to play monster rancher 4 and 5
12. gonna use it to connect to my own PSO private server
13.idk man I just like the thing

>if you want a handheld you should buy a laptop
Why do people keep saying this? It doesn't make sense.

It's for people who want a gaming pc but can't afford one.
A decent GPU currently costs more than the highest tier of Steam Deck you can buy.

But who is it FOR?

Attached: deck schizo.png (599x750, 261.25K)

Selling my NIB steam deck on ebay is going to pay for my new gpu. I'll be paying $400 for a 3070.

They think handhelds are an inferior experience to a big screen and a controller.
They don't get that some people prefer playing on handhelds even when other options are available.

>photoshopped on hands to make the deck look smaller
kek

> It’s just an oversized tablet with ugly controllers permanently attached to it
>Why not get a gaming laptop or a Switch instead?
Who gives a shit if the joy-cons are detatchable when they're fucking dogshit with the worst dpads Nintendo has ever made. You're only other option is to buy the overpriced pro controller which as a better but still wonky dpad. Want to bring your own controller? too bad.

It’s pretty comfy. I have a gayming pc but I like to lay on the couch or in bed with the deck when I am feeling lazy.

>Why not get a gaming laptop or a Switch instead?
Gaming laptops are too big and the switch can't play Elden Ring.

Attached: 1647001380681.png (750x970, 253.91K)

>You can do a lot more than PC
baseless argument and not true.

>only other option
but I bought an 8bitdo controller for Dpad as primary input games, which is cheaper than a pro controller
Joycons aren't too bad unless you're trying to play traditional 2D platformers which is a small portion of what I want to play. The only true issue I have with the joycons is their drifting, which most modern controllers have an issue with now since they're all made in the same place in China.

how so. explain your reasoning

Can't have directsex with your steamdeck unlike my PC vagina back end adapter. Next.

t. handlet

Built for BBC

>Why do people want this thing so badly? It’s just an oversized tablet with ugly controllers permanently attached to it
>Why not get a gaming laptop or a Bluetooth controller for your phone

Attached: same answer.jpg (1200x675, 127.85K)

the entire industry is freaking out over this because consolefags are very interested after all the more-recent extra subs console companies try to get them to pay for, plus the games on console are either shit and/or run like shit, and as well as shitty remaster after remaster and shitty remakes.
deck is special because it comes to them neatly packaged like a nintendo or sega handheld while also having almosy every major release ever

the industry completely freaked out by steam deck especially in a time where traditonal PCs are expensive tp build

>Why not get a gaming laptop
gaming laptops aren't comfy
>or a Switch
switches have no games I'm interested in

you're going to get dozens of answers exactly like this
just like the last 50 times you posted this.