Kingsfield

Anyone playing KF? I just leveled from 30 to 51 of these respawning faces and I don't feel like stopping!
Eternal Ring and Shadow Tower friends also welcome

Attached: basedface.png (1117x831, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XTK9xWZ4obQ&ab_channel=pleasegotomyotherchannel
youtube.com/watch?v=I34io5wf5kk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I tried but Fromsoftware games age like absolute shit.

Is that KFIV?

I played the second one and had a lot of fun

at least they have good music

youtube.com/watch?v=XTK9xWZ4obQ&ab_channel=pleasegotomyotherchannel

yes
2 or 3? You start in the field or the coast?

Yes but if the games age this badly then perhaps they weren't good games in the first place.

This game gives me motion sickness

The only good Kingsfield game is the Ancient City because it was the only one that wasn't just slowly walking around square rooms with the same wall texture repeated a million times.

Their combat is really good imo

the one on the coast yeah, still remember dying instantly as soon as I walked forward
youtube.com/watch?v=I34io5wf5kk

>uwahh tank controls bad, slow speed bad.
>meanwhile has 900 hours and 2K$ sunk into Fortnite

I scrolled by and thought this was a Killing Floor thread but now i'm sad that it isn't.

Attached: 1645928473480.png (492x280, 140.94K)

Might need to replay, this game feels like it has the most secrets. Pure kinography

i dug trespasser as a kid for this reason
i like games that truly feel apart from our time
things i cant pull up and ask a homo about
it feels like my own provate world
the more secrets crammed in, the better

Attached: 1622164740181.gif (238x356, 1.27M)

Played 2 as a kid (Japanese 2) and replayed it a couple years ago. Was still loads of fun and really felt like an adventure in a strange land. I still love the "Entrance to the Darkside. THIS IS HELL" message.
I guess they didn't age well, but I personally loved that sort of awkward era during the PSX days before control schemes were more refined. Also being able to get the Moonlight Sword and actually use it without defeating Guyra was cool. No idea if it was on purpose or an oversight, you can never tell with these old games.
Why the fuck haven't the Dark Slayer or the Excellector appeared in any Souls games, they're just as iconic even if they didn't appear in the very first KF, come on From

Attached: Excellector.png (640x480, 78.32K)

Looks cool, i'll keep it in my mind

I mean the sword has stats and works, but wasnt the way you get it by janking on top of the dragon?

it's awful, literally unfinished, but as a kid it had spoilers for the upcoming jurassic park stuff
it also features the birth of the euphoria-famous inverse kinematics and an engine that would inspire source
its just a cool world ful of secrets and unfinished stuff you can find and lots of narration by hammond
i still love it because that old greek homo said "to see a thing it must first be named"
and for me, trespasser named it
i call it the trespasser feel, a world no one knows about that i am trespassing in and living by my wits in
early 3d like KF and trespasser do it so well
dark cloud did too

>grinding in a KF game
What's the point?

OP's pic is actually Dark Souls, that's how bad Fromsoft games age

Pretty much. Continuously forcing his weird head swing bite thing has you eventually clipping on top of him. The thing is the sword has more than just stats. It's fully functional with its own unique magic moves. It's the actual Moonlight Sword placed there like a normal pickup and not just an object for the area/cutscene. Why do it? It'd be easy to turn the model into a non-functioning object, but it's the actual sword. Just seems like a lot of effort to go through just to have it obtainable via a glitch. I feel like it was meant to be used at some point for the story, but development always changes.
Also Guyra did nothing wrong, justice for Guyra.

Downloaded some mods
any one tried this?

Attached: moddd.png (651x204, 12.61K)

the fangames on the 2000 pc engine? Ive played a few, I dont like how they use stocks assets so much. You'll see the skeleton reused across nearly every game, and then they remade KF1 and 2 on the engine, it feels so soulless compared to the unique psx assets and mechanics

I've been playing through Shadow Tower on and off, does that count?

yes, shadow tower is awesome, such a creepy, empty feeling game