Elden Ring has good boss desi-

>Elden Ring has good boss desi-

Attached: Rolling.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

-gn?

Attached: 1647354817400.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Wait people actually play these greatshield tank builds and don't just roll like you're supposed to?

thought the point of greatshields was that they didn't need to rely on barricade

Attached: hmm.jpg (648x526, 42.88K)

-gnated shitting streets

nope, need barricade + tons of upgrades to be any good

>make RPG
>"uuuuuummmmmm actually there's only 1 'right' way to play"

Is this cheating or just shield faggotry?

It used to be really good. Pokey stick and shield made the game ez mode.

Now even the smallest bitch tier enemies break your poise instantly.

>JUST KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLL-

He should be forced to stop rolling if he's not moving anywhere

There's literally only 1 shield in the game that doesn't rely on barricade

people think the bosses in souls games have ever been good? isn't this like par for the course?

>input reading you into the corner
he, nothing personal kid

Im more annoyed by how many changeups the bosses have.

Maliketh flies around the arena and throws arcs of energy at you, you need to dodge them and use the blasphemous claw at the perfect moment to stun him for a few seconds and get some damage in.

And with all that shit you need to get right, they added a changeup where he sometimes only throws 2 arcs at you, and there's no way to differentiate it from the 3 arc move. This game has a problem where some bosses give literally 0 indication of what they're about to do, they just start fucking you up out of nowhere.

Attached: 1462428376527.jpg (318x318, 8.2K)

Kek

I agree, it wouldn't be a problem either if the combat was more like Sekiro's. At least that way you could fill up the boss's posture while defending yourself.

Basically why I decided to go full on sword and board. Too much memorization to purely roll through everything, especially with how many moves change depending on where you are standing relative to when they start the move. If you are uncertain you can usually just hold shield and probably not die, at least.

Just using Margaret's Overhead slam as example:
>Stand next to him, he slams and misses, you can punish
>Stand to far from him, he dashes forward, slams, then does a 360 sweep attack
>Keep rotating and try to reach his back, he will continually rotate with you before giving up on the move entirely

Exactly, when Genchiro leans down to his left, I know that long 10 hit combo is coming. He kicked the shit out of me but I learned that fight. Elden Ring still has bosses like that, but they're spread out among a lot of bosses that were obviously not playtested enough, and even worse that they're major mainstay bosses like Radahn and Malenia.

The story bosses are pretty good

>5000 weapons, items, spells, shields etc
>why isn't he rolling directly into the boss like me?

ER is less about memorizing attack patterns but knowing the attacks themselves

>I'm a retard with no situational awareness and got myself trapped in a corner
>b-but it's not my fault! It's the game's fault I'm bad!

Attached: 1644659649185.png (1278x1072, 2.17M)

barricade shield + great shield with high guard boost + guard talisman = lose 0 stamina when blocking even boss attacks

yes its bull shit

NO DRINKING ZONE

He has a point.
The fatass is a shit boss

he is a decent boss but yeah the rolling move is annoying. Especially since he will keep doing it for 12 seconds like that if he doesn't hit you. If he manages to hit you he stops early. Also it looks dumb, he looks like a big fluffy cushion Michelin Man.
All his other moves aren't that bad, except the guaranteed fireball when healing. It's ok to have that, but it should start like a minimum 30ms delay after you start healing to at least make it seem like he's reacting to you.

doesn't feel like the game has enough (or any) tools to really deal with the boss pattern.
like sekiro has all those tools but shit bloodborne gave you a fucking gun to deal with that shit. even the new tools like block parries don't help that much

When did you fight him on a bridge? I only fought him in the Volcano Manor, Farum Azula, and in that one dungeon in the Mountain place

>shield shitters seething in ER threads: nooooooo why can't I just activate easy mode with my babby shield strats this game suuuuuuxxxxxx!!11!
great game I fucking love it

yeah everyone knows easy mode is whorefrost stomp and mimic tear
they should try playing the game with the approved babby strats and not the ones they at least can have fun with

>using exploit
>complain about getting bodied
big cringe