Does Nintendo allow their developers to help other Nintendo developers?

For example, would nintendo allow their developers to help HAL create their first 3D Kirby game?

Or do they tell them to fuck off?

Attached: kirby-forgotten-land-fishing.jpg (1800x900, 142.92K)

All nintendo companies are pretty much the same team.

Their usually split but with all the teams moving into the same building I can see more help across teams. Also mono helped with BOTw

Hal helped develop the switch and has worked on other things besides their own games like pokemon snap.

Retro Studios also did some work on Mario Kart 7 along with the Mario Kart devs. At first they were just doing the DK course but then they got roped into doing the Retro ones.

Yea, its kind of why I'm 50/50 about Microsoft unifying studios. I'm excited for Jew Vegas II but at the same time I'm hoping they don't start "you must have TPM for MS games" bull shit.

I mean nintendo has been doing this for years so they have alot more experience managing game teams. Microsoft can't seem to get some of their studios to release a game a decade.

They do this all the time and it is nothing new. It was just unheard of decades ago when games were a lot simpler to make and the teams involved had way fewer people

Only really true for Rare, 343 and blizzard

Besides the Forza devs did they own anyone else?

Look at whats happening with perfect dark, I have 0 hope for microsoft right now

MS has a fuckton of studios now. Before 2018 they had only like 5 but it's going to be over 30 after they finish buying actiblizz

Attached: xbox 1st party.png (1246x943, 356.59K)

Shit sorry mean for

HAL is not owned by Nintendo. Some of their IPs are just owned by Nintendo. Part-time UFO was originally a mobile game before coming to Switch.

Satoru Iwata singlehandedly made the second half of Pokemon Gold and Silver possible, only because GameFreak can't code worth shit.

It makes me think that maybe HAL Laboratory should have gotten exclusive rights to create the Pokemon games instead.

the problem is all these studios wont have any good games. When was the last good game Microsoft made in the Xbox One era? Sunset Overdrive and the Roman game?

>For example, would nintendo allow their developers to help HAL create their first 3D Kirby game?

Yes, they would. They even help indie developers and small contract studios with projects if they think it will benefit Nintendo and if they're developing an exclusive. An example being Mario Kart Home Circuit. This was developed by a third party studio, who had an idea, but they needed tech help from Nintendo to make the game work. Another example would be the game Good Job, which was proposed by an indie developer who lacked the resources to make the game properly and Nintendo brought him in house and basically bought out the game.

Maybe Phil and the recent purchases can change it but the last gen offerings from MS just seemed lacking

More Monolith Soft staff worked on Breath of the Wild than Xenoblade 2

>More Monolith Soft staff worked on Breath of the Wild than Xenoblade 2

Both Monolithsoft and the main Zelda team are part of Nintendo.

Iwata and Sakurai were the strongest developers to come out of HAL. But Iwata was groomed for running Nintendo and Samurai ran off on his own (only to be chained to Smash)

monolith soft helped with splatoon, animal crossing, zelda bow 1/2, pikmin, smashbros

not really, besides HAL isn't a nintendo-owned company

>a bunch of hasbeen studios
The talent left long before MS bought those companies, all that's left in them are wagies who have no unique ideas.

They literally work in the same building.