Realistically, has there been a singleplayer first person shooter better than Doom 2? Sure...

Realistically, has there been a singleplayer first person shooter better than Doom 2? Sure, you can name one of the two most famous build games (and you'd be wrong), sure, you could name half-life 1 (and you'd be wrong), sure, you could name the first Doom (and show everybody you haven't actually played Doom in the past 15 years) and sure, you could name halo 1 (and you'd be a fucking console peasant). But realistically, there is no competition

Attached: 1646503100953.jpg (1920x1080, 100.55K)

Can't hear you over all of that shit you're blowing outta yer ass.

Attached: 012211_duke_nuken_forever_trailer_t.jpg (300x250, 15.24K)

Doom has way more consistent level design. Doom II was a great base for literally countless WADs however and its additions to the gameplay were all great.

galgun vr is better

The only thing that tops it is #brutal doom

>Doom has way more consistent level design
Episodes 3 and 4 would like to have a word with you. Which is why I said
>show everybody you haven't actually played Doom in the past 15 years

I didn't say Ultimate Doom did I? In all seriousness there is nothing wrong with episode 3 and while episode 4 is essentially a bridge to Doom II with how gimmicky most of the levels are, nothing in it comes close to bottom of the barrel levels like The Chasm.

Limbo and Hell Keep are awful

the 1st episode actually feels like an infested facility. The rest just feels like generiic arena battles they threw together.

>In all seriousness there is nothing wrong with episode 3
That episode is the fucking worst any commercial doom release has to offer, far worse than anything 2 has to offer and far worse than anything episode 4 has to offer either
>>show everybody you haven't actually played Doom in the past 15 years

The only level that sucks is Mt. Erebus and not just because of the eyerape texture.

i can never finish doom2 when i revisit it. Its such a slog.

What happened to his fucking hair?

Who designed Downtown and thought that would be an enjoyable experience?

The Ion of Sin is a knob slobbing ball gurgler.

Attached: icon of sin.jpg (1280x720, 149.96K)

Duke 3d

>what's 2+2
>and don't say 4, give me a proper answer

I agree that Doom 1 and 2 are better than Blood, Duke, and Half-life but 2 has horrible level design. Ep 4 of Doom is fucking great

Episode 3 had the most atmosphere(except limo)i enjoyed ep3 way way more than ep 2 and 4

Almost any wad made after 1997 beats doom 2 at being doom 2.

C'mon the Super Shotgun didnt buy Doom 2 THAT much clout. I mean yeah it almost alone makes Doom 2 worth playing but some of those levels, fuck those levels.

fpbp
OP is a faggot

>Doom 2 is the best fps
>Anyone is wrong for disagreeing and I won't give any explanation

Why does Any Forums fall for obvious bait?

Marathon 2: Durandal

The new Doom2016 and Eternal. I dont care if you agree or not especially with how filtered Any Forums got by Eternal.

Attached: ufvmo8lnrol81.png (1483x1029, 1.06M)

that gay claw of doom map or whatever the fuck is the only bad map in chapter 3. end this stupid meme