Why Any Forumseddit pretend that monsters being sponge bullets and killing you in 3 hits is nothing more than...

Why Any Forumseddit pretend that monsters being sponge bullets and killing you in 3 hits is nothing more than artificial dificulty, the game?

Attached: brahman breed.jpg (296x394, 21.08K)

damn look at that FAT COCK

What the fuck are you talking about? Who are you yelling at?

Having to play the game to a higher degree of precision and for longer is not artificial difficulty, it's you being shit and complaining about it
Get good retard

Attached: 1646946897383.gif (340x340, 3.9M)

how the game is more dificult when the enemy has the same speed and AI patterns?

Because you can afford to make fewer mistakes and have more opportunity to make mistakes.
Enemy deals 10% of your HP per hit = you can make 10 mistakes and recover from them easily with healing. Enemy deals 80% of your HP per hit = you can only make 2 mistakes and need a lot of healing to fix a fuckup
Enemy dies in 2 seconds = you have only 2 seconds in which you might make mistakes. Enemy dies in 10 seconds = you have 10 seconds in which you might make mistakes
Normal people aren't machines who play the absolutely perfect every time, TTK and TTD are both extremely important factors for difficulty and I'm tired of pretending they're not

no, that's not being more dificult.
Is just being a sponge bullet.

AKA bad design from hack designers.

goddamn this sentence is a mess

Nice counterpoint you fucking ESL, next time at least get the phrase you're brainlessly repeating right
It's bullet sponge, for the record

Attached: annoyed.png (911x880, 822.63K)

>pressing a button is not dificult
>pressing 100 times the same button is totally hardcore
wow, I'm BTFO.

Sure in this soulslike you're probably playing where there's just one or two enemies on screen and you always know where they spawn your strawman might be accurate
In most games though having to control damage you take and deal for longer periods of time actually is harder than shorter periods

is not art, is just artificial dificulty.

Where did I say anything about art and what does that have to do with higher TTK and lower TTD

Attached: tucker reaction.jpg (680x493, 32.1K)

sorry meant hard.

Is not hard.
Is just rote memorization.
not hard.

Again in these games you're playing where there's just one enemy on screen at a time and you always know where it spawns, sure that's the case. In most games where reaction is actually part of the gameplay though, being required to play the game better for a longer period of time actually becomes an important aspect of difficulty

is not dificult.

From softgames dont have as complex AI than fighting games.

They're hard because enemies are enemies sponges.

Yes, that's exactly what I said
In games that aren't fromsoft games, however, enemy HP and damage is actually pretty important to difficulty, for reasons I've already stated

you're basically saying savestates don't make a game easier, which is undeniably false.

and my point is that is a brainlet form of making a game hard instead of making some original mechanics.

which is a shit argument. If you one shot every enemy and can't die, games get undeniably easier. pretending otherwise is just you being intentionally retarded. You can argue about what point an enemy has too much health, but calling it "artificial" just makes you look like a chump.

Right I see what you're trying to say now, because before it was like you were trying to imply it's not harder at all
I agree in the case that upping hp/damage is the only difference. It needs to be supplemented by things like additional enemy spawns, lowered supplies, more objectives to do to keep you in the game longer, etc. etc., but it is still extremely important.
No matter how many additional mechanics there are, if the enemy still dies in 2 hits and you still die in 10, it means nothing because you can just steamroll through the hits. Enemy HP and damage must go up with difficulty in 99% of cases

ok, here's one idea.

Why not make enemies actually smart and do team tactics like pacman where they have diferent MMO archetypes that coordinate their patterns to defeat you?

Like have a team of 6 enemies, and have them be a couple healers, couple range archers, couple dark magicians, couple defensive tanks, couple of melee warriors and necromancers who revive the fallen ones.

And fight all at once?

If the enemies can still defeat you with simple tactics, then why should the designer bother programming more complex behavior?

doing all that won't make the fight difficult if you don't give the enemies enough HP to survive a hit or enough damage to threaten the player. Cry all you want, but a certain amount of health is necessary to check that the player can outplay the mechanics already in place.

the human brain is bad at multitasking, so it will always be hard and you wont be able to train it, while not having to make the enemies into bullet sponges.

>Why not make enemies actually smart and do team tactics like pacman where they have diferent MMO archetypes that coordinate their patterns to defeat you?
As far as I'm concerned that should be a given on all difficulties, even on easy it's boring if all the enemies are the same
On higher difficulties there should be even more of them, and they should all have higher HP and damage so you have to play more precisely against them for a longer period of time

No need to make it actually more dificult, because you can't biologically focus on more than 2 things at once.

Even then you can only focus properly at one single thing while doing another thing in automatic mode.

3 things at once and your performance suffers and you need to start switching between focus, which is mentally taxing for the brain in terms of oxygen.

And more than 3 is biologically impossible.

Sponge bullets don't sound very dangerous.