Excuse me, just posting PS1 best game

Excuse me, just posting PS1 best game.

Attached: 1637480868757.jpg (326x306, 128.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11638.0
youtube.com/watch?v=9YqGzld9Alo
youtube.com/watch?v=beux0dXL5SI&t=31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The next Remastered by Square Enix is coming

Mon négre.

Attached: __elhaym_van_houten_and_fei_fong_wong_xenogears_drawn_by_kayano_yuki__06c01cdb259deebd6a1bb43eaddc34e3.jpg (1931x4096, 1.86M)

Absolutely based

Attached: gears gals.jpg (761x1024, 92.2K)

A 10/10 story can't save 5/10 gameplay

>story story story
Story is the least important part of writing. And the writing in Xenogears is absolute shit.

What the FUCK was his problem?

Attached: 1647388408696.png (173x305, 30.09K)

I've been thinking about playing this game. Does it still hold up?

It doesn't even being to introduce things until disc 2, and by then they had run out of time and they literally just dumped the unfinished script on the screen, in scrolling text format while you just sat there and read it S L O W L Y coz you can't speed the text up in this game.
It makes zero sense coz it's like a first draft and lots of information is missing that you have to go and get from supplemental materials that were released seperartely. It's a fucking MESS

He's a walking samurai trope.

>just posting [...] best game.
Yes.

>He didn't use the faster text hack

I love Xenogears, but it's not better than Front Mission 3. And depending on your preferences, there are plenty of games that are stronger contenders for "best" on PS1. But fuck me, that was a great time for video games. Just goddamn dozens and dozens of fantastic games to choose from. I miss that era.

Frameskip means that any story heavy game is going to hold up as long as the story is worth revisiting

wait this is a thing

Yes, it's a godsend for when you want to replay the game
ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11638.0

>It doesn't even being to introduce things until disc 2
You don't even hear Egil's name until like 85% through the game. You're chasing a Saturday morning cartoon tier villain most of Xenoblade.

Xenogears' scale absolutely mogs the shit out of everything else bearing the name Xeno.

It's not a mess. It's ambitious, and its ambition is its soul. Xenogears is pure soul. You obviously are somewhere around 20 years old and like Xenoblade for reasons attributable to your age and overall tastelessness. In short, eat dick.

Attached: 1637624689309.png (520x390, 398.4K)

I prefer Parasite Eve

Attached: 25430-parasite-eve-playstation-front-cover.jpg (800x677, 123.96K)

It's weird to think that both Xenogears and Parasite Eve were pitched to be FF7 at one point.

Also Yasunori Mitsuda's best soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=9YqGzld9Alo

Attached: Cover.jpg (600x600, 65K)

Based

Don't think it's better than these games but it was solid. Unfortunately it suffered from the PS1 CD's size limitation, other than that, it's one of the better JRPGs on that console. I don't like remakes a lot but would appreciate if they remade it.

Attached: PS1.jpg (3264x3264, 1.57M)

I am ashamed to admit that I've never played Silent Hill. Is it as good as Any Forums say or is it just a meme?

Story isn't even good enough for a 9/10

>I don't like remakes a lot but would appreciate if they remade it.
I don't think they own the right anymore

I played it last year and it was still really good

>tfw moonlight syndrome translation never ever

Attached: tfw.jpg (510x427, 41.76K)

>Of all time
FTFY
Extremely based

can you even imagine the timeline where Xenogears was FF7, and FF7 became Xenogears

The gameplay in Xenogears is fine. The only bad part about it is the grinding encouragement to learn deathblows and that's about it.

It's the best SH game in the series, very absorbing and immersive. High replayability value. It's made by Toyama Keiichiro after all.
How so?
>Being an EOP

Attached: images.jpg (161x312, 8.52K)

that's not Mega Man X4, though

Attached: 1646876552507.png (600x600, 245.17K)

Fine, I'll give it a try then

How is it no other Xeno game has surpassed it?

>There is no sound in it. The lover fallen into paranoia. A road freely extending and contracting. Abruised dream box. A Dive of generation. A head cried, and then is fixed. The birth of fake and the end of it are simultaneously. A carnival one has been longing for.
Why do nips do this

Attached: english.jpg (772x525, 125.57K)