Why couldn't she join her friends?

Why couldn't she join her friends?

Attached: poorslug.jpg (959x642, 49.58K)

The game doesn't really have too much direction starting out and can be pretty tough to grasp which leads to filtered journos and average gamers

Rainworld is too difficult for journos. Above average difficulty will always lower the metacritic score.
Also
>8.6 user score

But is it GOOD difficulty?

Oh yeah, I still need to play Ori 2. Is it better than the first one? I liked that the first one had tight platforming.

unironically the ultimate casual filter. no other game comes close

It's clearly a hollow knight clone. The combat got much better, the music also saw big improvements, and the graphics are as gorgeous as ever... But a lot of soul got axed in the sequel. It's worth playing, but keep in mind you'll be playing vidya that was meant to be vidya and that doesn't really try for anything new. It's a polished recipe that works well but has been tried a thousand times.

Attached: ERw8RIPUEAA_ciD.jpg (1024x864, 87.23K)

MSC FUCKING WHEN
Too tough for most people, plus journos got the 1.0 version which is harder than the current game. I probably would have been filtered as well if I played 1.0 first, so, I can't blame them.
Yes
It's better in pretty much every way, but, aside from combat, not by much.

Attached: Dango_family.gif (500x300, 60.79K)

journos can't into vidya that doesn't hold their hand every step of the way.
simple as.

How is 1.0 different? I tried to play it and ended up in 3 dark areas in a row. Which ended in a dead end and me tossing the game.

>MSC FUCKING WHEN
March 28th is Rain World's 5th anniversary, so it's very likely they're saving the big reveal for that date since it's so meaningful.

Saint is the best and this is an indisputable fact.

Attached: ascension crop.png (1037x756, 460.29K)

>using the lowest score for Ori and the highest for Funko knight
Lol

>map doesn't save on death
>waterfalls can drown you
>less breath timer
>less food
>less yellow flowers
>food doesn't come back when you die so you can just get softlocked if you die too much
>less tutorials
>it's actually a better and more realistic game

Attached: rivusal.png (3035x2150, 1.51M)

>spoiler
doesn't the food respawn make sense with how respawning ingame works?

It's unclear how much time passes between reincarnations. You see enemies be at different places, but in relatively the same area, so maybe it's very short... But even if you kill everything in the area, the region will repopulate when you die, and those are perhaps future descendants, so perhaps a lot of time passes.

Attached: termdry.png (746x319, 57.93K)

This, Reddit Knight is /basedjak/core. Say what you want about Ori, at least it doesn’t intentionally go KINO KINO THIS IS KINO LEAVE ME A GOOD REVIEW every 5 seconds

>rain world devs and msc
radio silence
>hollow knight devs and silksong
radio silence

Why are indie devs like this?

Attached: raincoat.png (1200x2000, 1.51M)

>It's better in pretty much every way, but, aside from combat, not by much.
Visuals (especially physics) got much better, more movement abilities, movement itself is smoother, and game is 2x longer.
It's really a shame quite a lot of people won't experience Ori 2 just because they think it's the same thing

rain world devs talked recently
They spent a year getting the rights to the game back, and More Slug Cats is becoming inhouse content
radio silence on their next game still though, no new teasers in like a year

What did he mean by this?

Attached: Capture d’écran, le 2022-03-15 à 18.30.31.png (287x115, 12.64K)

Unironically filtered.
I couldn't tell you, it doesn't have fromsoft on the box so I haven't been told what to think by the hivemind yet.

Post more slugcat.

>It's clearly a hollow knight clone
Stop reading there, fuck off

can't find their twitch channel anymore for some reason

It's not good difficulty. Any good game would make it so a first time player who has played tons of vidya and is just generally very good can win without dying. I don't think it's possible to beat this game without dying even if you are a god at reflexes and platforming, you'll eventually just run into a trap put there by the developers to fuck you over (example: the white lizard at the top of the room with the green sparkles) and die.

Rain World is top 5 games I've ever played and seeing it get any hate makes me mad

I thought it was much better. It's more rpg like

As you command

Attached: Improved swimming.png (902x902, 137.25K)

>games should be easy enough for anyone to beat first try
You're unironically the reason the medium is dying

Rain World is about letting go of anger, the strive for constant accomplishment and greed to earn an attitude of contemplation and curiosity. The next time you see some Any Forumsirgin trash on the slug game, take a deep breath, close the thread, and don't even reply. You will make slugcat proud.

Attached: termhug.png (374x334, 125.05K)

What are your top 3 (other) games of all time slugbros?

It got that score only because it was a bit buggy at release, but it's at least a 90

>unpreventable failure is good game design!
okay

>failure is... le bad!

For me it's
>Pyre
Visual novel/sports game hybrid, as weird as it sounds. United both of the genres I despise the most and somehow turned it into one of my favourite games ever. Some of the best writing I've seen. Pretty easy, though
>Faster Than Light: Multiverse mod
Turns a pretty okay game into a kino game by fixing the balance issues and adding much more lore. Beating the true ending was a journey I think that was as difficult as 100%ing Rain World
>Outer Wilds
Everyone probably knows this, but it hits the same beats as Rain World does and also teaches to find enjoyment in the small things and be patient with nature and its unfairness.

Attached: yeetlizards1(1).webm (1280x720, 2.61M)

There are probably people who don't even know that a new one released
Sad