Why does this kind of character design cause people to seethe?

Why does this kind of character design cause people to seethe?
>NO STOIC GRITTY WESTERN MALE IS BAD BECAUSE HE JUST IS OK

Attached: Jack_from_Stranger_of_Paradise.png (720x1940, 923.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/vqpjux.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Feels completely out of place in a ff game

Jack Garland is a breath of fresh air after decades of metrosexual angsty hipsters pretending to be "badasses" whilst wearing Nomura zippers/belts on every article of clothing to an almost impractical degree. Final Fantasy needs to be made for men again. Fuck millennials and fuck zoomers.

I wonder if it's the point looking at Ash's getup too.

my opinion
>if he was isekai'd/transported into the world he's kino
>if he's just a normal dude that inexplictbly exists in the world he's retarded
'stranger' of paradise really made it seem like he was just some jackass who got stuck there but he's really weird if he's just like that. like ironically being more grounded makes him more alien compared to everything else so its odd if he's just completely native to the environment

I don't care, just tell me about the crystals.

i dont give a fuck OP

files.catbox.moe/vqpjux.mp4

Looks boring and doesn't belong in FF
Much less a game loosely based on Amano era FF

Jack is great but it’s just this strange contrast where they made this game that’s supposed to be “the earliest point in all of FF” and the prequel origin story to the NES/SNES FFs, but it’s also this B list comedy shlock with an isekai protag, which is so overdone at this point that even fucking Pokémon did it with Arceus. And then the promotional shit is treating it like it’s super serious but then you have the -already a classic- phone scene.

Ultimately I think this game will be remembered fondly, but with the marketing right now at launch it’s just confusing tonally

Jack is so based !!!!!!!!!!

partially because soi's feel threatened, women feel alarmed (because they're aroused). But also, if you playe games during the early to mid aughts, this guy was the protagonist of every game and it got tiresome

>being mad at the most simple character in final fantasy

Attached: poorly cropped man.png (1080x1079, 1.14M)

>starting outfit makes people seethe
makes you wanna change out from that outfit huh?

there is a story reason why he seems out of place but it's not isekai (exactly)

>To be fair, Amano doesn't keep the details the same in his drawings

That's true. FFVI characters look really inconsistent in Amano's art. If I recall correctly, there's even official art where Locke and Sabin are depicted as old men.

made me snicker
he's not isekai. They poke humor at his attitude and behavior yes, but there's also an in universe reason for it.

goddamn jack's va didn't have to go so hard on that delivery

>hey
>sup
>yo
>we're all best friends now
>sire a group of homeless men desire an audience
>eh fuck it let them in
>erghhh AHHH I HATE CHAOS
>oh my gods you will be the saviors of my kingdom
What the fuck did I watch

the demo cutting out a large potion where you prove yourselves by going out and murdering dangerous monsters (presumably)
Unless it happens that way in the release game too which would be hilarious (and a shame). But, they also have crystals, and weapons. And they do prove themselves capable.

How can one character be so based?

>hey
>sup
>yo
>we're all best friends now
>sire a group of homeless men desire an audience
>eh fuck it let them in
>erghhh AHHH I HATE CHAOS
>oh my gods you will be the saviors of my kingdom

Attached: 1611119602501.png (547x596, 132.8K)

It's like a hunger, or a thirst... I NEED TO KILL CHAOS

Attached: CHAOS.png (1919x1053, 830.66K)

Oh God sisters, why is he so handsome?

they had crystals, the prophecy said they'd have crystals

this is corneria everyone has fucking crystals the chandelier is made of crystals, sentient talking crystals are growing in the fucking garden

Is this game dead on arrival? This is the only active thread shitty on the protagonist and there is no /vg/ thread

Yeah but these are explicitly 4 glowing crystals

>not respecting jack’s strength
ngmi

We had 2 bump limit threads all throughout the day user, also, Any Forums doesn't matter.

the game hasn't even released yet and it's getting middling to bad reviews. It's probably not gonna be a 'hot' release but will develop into a cult classic

Cult classics of course are never profitable, so RIP

Yeah it's the full game. Don't get me wrong though, I'm in it for the memes and autism so I've had a great laugh so far.

aww so they don't let you hunt monsters first? sounds like cut content. Wonder why it's so rushed.

>there is no /vg/ thread
be the change you want, start chaos posting in final fantasy general

>middling to bad
most of the reviews are 8/10s, the only negative one is a tranny from a litteraly who website.

It's pretty clear that this was made on a limited budget

it's team ninja, in nioh you start in jail, escape, get an exposition dump on a boat like the one that says Jack and Co. went to fight monsters then hattori hanzo pulls out a cat from his coat and says hey gaijin let's kill demons