No, seriously

No, seriously
Why the fuck did they think this was a good idea?

Attached: 1641467533598.png (1600x900, 2.39M)

"We want the western audience"

It was the style at the time.

Attached: 4F3F46F3-1305-47AD-AB98-B5A96BB62FB6.jpg (633x480, 78.36K)

If they weren't so confrontational towards the audience maybe they could have gotten better sales.
The spokesperson for the game was trying to come across as a rockstar of video games or some shit, it put tons of people off.

F U C K Y O U

It's weird because this game was the best DMC game ever released until V came out. Gamers are fags.

Gamers are dead

It's been 9 years.

Attached: Dmcfans_vs_journalists.jpg (3000x3990, 2.59M)

Probably the best game in the series but then again at the time I had only played dmc 2 and 4. Had a good soundtrack, half the bosses were fantastic and the other half were trash, story reminded me of blade 2 so donte and gang were pretty kino for me but I'm not really into dmc. The only Capcom franchises I really care about are monster hunter and viewtiful Joe so as least you dmc fags still got games things haven't been viewtiful in a long time bros

Because it was.
Unironically a better story, better music, and better gameplay than 5.

Attached: NoWayFag.png (1084x755, 529.59K)

>There are still DmC-fags
You lost already, get over it.

Indeed
in 5 they still couldnt even fix the camera...and the only interesting character they introduced gets replaced by Vergil
the final fight in DmC is meaningful,in dmc5 it's meaningless shit , they just laugh after Vergil killed millions lmao

>better story
You mean the DMC1 story?
>better music
Ah yes, music so generic no one remembers it
>and better gameplay
Color coordinated combat sure was a fun idea. You can't use what you want, no. You have to use blue because the enemy is blue.

Can't speak for everyone, but I think a lot of us are interested in discussing it because DMC5 was such a disappointment. DmC's Dante might be different from the mainline Dante, but he was at least a more serious interpretation of the character, and didn't retcon/flanderize the original like 4 and 5 did.

I'M YOUR PROM DATE YOU SACK OF SHIT

i liked it, minus the cringe

ohshit the dontefag
not in a million sales

>because DMC5 was such a disappointment.
Blatant attempts at revisionism are unbecoming. It was a smash hit among enthusiasts, critics, and newcomers.

>more serious interpretation
The only time he was ever serious was in DMC2, which is hated by everyone. That is why they went back to goofy Dante.

Because it was. It's the funniest game of the franchise. You guys just seethe because they made him young and edgy rather than old and gay.

Attached: 4631102 - Dante Devil_May_Cry Nero.jpg (2820x2045, 305.62K)

>Rebootfags are now the ones crying about how their game is dead and that the new one sucks

Ohnonono, don't be such a crybaby, things change you know!

Attached: GoldFace.png (327x316, 207.7K)

Not even deserving a (YOU), take your bait somewhere else

>final fight in DmC is meaningful
3 mid-game cutscenes, braindead AI, and had zero impact because BRO ITS USELESS XD
but hey, you needed a reply, I get it. It's hard being a DmCtard these days

What I want to know is why they didn't release the Definitive Edition to PC, even though DMC4 SE released at the same time and had a PC version.

It's funny because Dante was completely ready to murder his brother once he started directly antagonizing humanity, while Donte was too much of a pussy.

>It was a smash hit among enthusiasts, critics, and newcomers.
And they're all wrong. To anybody with a functional brain, it was a disappointment.

Attached: DMC5.png (1690x550, 285.09K)

>DMC5 was such a disappointment
The game was only released 2 years ago and you're already trying really hard to gaslight people into thinking people hated it when it released.
Go back to crying and fapping to your edgy failed reboot

Attached: 1511832453898.jpg (2000x4000, 1.85M)

If you didn't understand that the whole point of Nero's intervention was that Dante's and Vergil's rivalry was always fucking stupid and rooted in a misunderstanding, I don't know what to tell you, other than that you're just stupid.

It’s been almost a decade now; if you’re still seething over the reboot you’re fucking mentally ill

Letting someone take a crack at a reboot was not the worst decision ever, the problem was that they handed almost complete control to a pretentious punk retard who had climbed entirely up his own ass.

FUCK YOU

Feels good, man. Feels so good after the shit that was winter of 2012 leading up to release. The constant shilling, that insane marketing campaign, the flow of endless threads...

Thinking back brings incredible catharsis now.